Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live "out of town".
Ever since the 60's I've had a backyard shooting range and a 100+ yard range in the woods.
I usually shoot once to several times a week.
I told the neighbors, "If you don't see me, or hear me shooting for most of a week, check on me."
A few months ago a neighbor lady called to see if I was OK. :)

There's always been several people around, within hearing distance, that I don't know, shooting once in a while, but it seems like since this Flu stuff started there's a lot more gun shots from all directions.

A few minutes ago I was just on my tractor, mowing the fields and there were gunshots from no less than three directions.

As long as there are no bullets zinging overhead, I'm fine with the neighbors shooting (some of them shoot on my ranges).

I thought about sending one of my camera Drones out to check on the shooting. The Drone's hand held Transmitter has a view screen and whatever the Drone's camera "sees" and records, can be seen on the transmitter at the same time.

But a Drone flying 100-200 feet overhead is too temping a target for a fellow with a gun in his hand. :)

So I'm wondering how much of this shooting practice is caused because people are so uncertain about just how bad things can get because of this Flu?

Or maybe it's that they can't go to work because of the Flu and they just have time on their hands.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
Or maybe it's that they can't go to work because of the Flu and they just have time on their hands.
That's my guess. I think if folks are really scared, they'd be hoarding their ammo more.

In my case it's because the weather has finally gotten pleasant, and also because it's about the only way I get out of the house (other than walks and playing with the kids in the yard).

·
Native Mainiac
24,556 Posts
Same here. I hear some more, but it's pretty distant. Soon the black flies will make shooting pretty miserable. You would think the shock wave would scare them away, but it is like ringing the dinner bell for the little bashatads.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Same here. I hear some more, but it's pretty distant. Soon the black flies will make shooting pretty miserable. You would think the shock wave would scare them away, but it is like ringing the dinner bell for the little bashatads.
Ain’t that the truth. Those things are far worse than mosquitos. I find that blackpowder shooting is one thing they don’t like, it’s the slow reloading that they enjoy.Fortunately they’re gone by June.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I hear LOTS of shooting, when i am at the indoor firing range, so i know i am safe.

when at home, if i hear any shooting, it's time to duck and cover.

·
Registered
918 Posts
When I was stationed at Loring AFB I was convinced they had air traffic controllers to optimize their attacks

·
Director of civil unrest
10,299 Posts
The range across the highway from us is popping all day everyday lately. Yesterday, someone had something BIG over there. It was BIG and an autoloader. When I say big I mean it sounded bigger than a .50 cal.! I have no idea what it may have been.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
The range across the highway from us is popping all day everyday lately. Yesterday, someone had something BIG over there. It was BIG and an autoloader. When I say big I mean it sounded bigger than a .50 cal.! I have no idea what it may have been.
Mosin nagant.

I've been shooting more too. I'm still working but we started a night shift to reduce the # of people in the shop at any given time. I'm working nights so when I get up I've been plinking a few almost every day and I've heard my neighbors do the same.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts