There is no getting 'back to normal,' experts say. The sooner we accept that, the better

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Full Semi-auto, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker NRA Member Millennium Member

Are we talking about covid or the fact that anytime a perp of color breaks bad on the police and gets hurt, there are blm/antifa riots and burns across multiple states?

Normal will be difficult to find in the future.

IvanVic, wiskeyVI, Lockback and 6 others like this.

3. PBCounty

PBCounty

Sure they will. Around here, the only people still clinging onto this thing are people who never interacted with anyone prior to all this anyway. Unpleasant, unattractive shut-ins don't dictate social norms.

4. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

Certainly regional... but “normal” has shifted everywhere to some degree. It isn’t too different here. Kids are back in school now (actually at the school), restaurants are open for dining in (with diminished capacity), and everything seems to be headed in the right direction. Very limited rioting and property damage and just the usual crop of law enforcement haters and the easily manipulated doing all the damage.

I know in some areas businesses are still shut down, in person school is still far away, and many live in fear of a violent uprising. Thankfully that is not life in many places.

n2g and Jade Falcon like this.
  5. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Then American people refuse to be ordered around even if it's in their best interest. Simple things as stay home as much as possible, wear Mask, social distancing, wash your hands, wash clothing often and they just ignore everything. Put out the notices and let everything go on as normal. People will either abide or not. If many die they will always blame some one else, a Politician, the CDC, WHO, the Chinese, Democrats , liberals, Republicans, BLM, ANTIFA. It's everyone elses fault but the doofs that don't follow recommendations.

lazarus66 likes this.
  6. Pennsyltucky

Pennsyltucky

Yeah, I saw that story and it kinda pissed me off. I can accept changes to the way some things are done. What I cannot accept are the double standards and conflicting information that seems to come out everyday.

Willard, Dynactus, Lockback and 4 others like this.
  7. flyover

flyover

I'm sure those that went through the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918 thought the same.

n2g, nursetim and District18 like this.
  8. Deltic

Deltic

Things should be better in a few months. We have been through pandemics and turmoil before.

n2g likes this.
  9. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

Things WILL be back to normal.Open things up, there will be a shot for the Chi-Com flu just like the other types of flu.keep the fake news out of things and let the medical companies do their jobs.

ExecutiveWill, n2g and NJ1911 like this.
  10. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

we were just kicking this topic around at work the other day...we have a Ned Flanders type guy who probably doesn’t speed on the highway decide that he wasn’t going to wear a mask. This was THE breaking point for him and he was all worked up. He was yelling about liberty, and freedom, and wanted to debate everyone regarding the efficacy of a cloth mask etc... this is a normally very low key guy that seemed like he was having a pretty epic meltdown over an inconvenience.

I like him and spoke with him outside alone and told him it isn’t about liberty, freedom, or if the mask worked... it was about leadership and sacrifice. We, as healthy people who have strong immune systems can make those that are vulnerable or scared feel better by wearing a mask when they are around, and since we don’t know who or where they are we should consider following the Governor’s mandate and wearing a mask when indoors.

It’s true though that there will always be that % of people who push back, defy, or are just contrarian to anything for little to no real reason.

nitesit(+ an e) and Lagamor like this.
  11. rayzer007

rayzer007

The insanity of yesterday, is today’s normal. We are not going back to old insanity, because the new stuff is even crazier. Makes “evolution” look like the silliness it is. Things are devolving, not evolving - one way street going the wrong way (downhill too!).

Willard and ricka10 like this.
  12. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

The election infection will be over soon.

Willard, ExecutiveWill, Kamo and 5 others like this.
  13. IOmm

IOmm ╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ƩȠƩƦƓY╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣ Silver Member

1 - Copy.JPG

flyover likes this.
  14. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Some things will be the same, all over again. If Trump wins re-election, you can count on 4 more years of impeachment hearings.

I follow the Johns Hopkins charts pretty close and the US is not looking good. It seems like we are starting a 3rd peak.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Wait 14 days after things open and then consider whether is was a good idea. Universities and football teams are getting hammered.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/us/n...covid-19-spread-like-wildfire-trnd/index.html

Things may get back to the old normal but it's going to be another year (probably).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    flyover likes this.
  15. flyover

flyover

The county school system just quarantined the 8th grade class and the cross country team. The school system decided to go against the county health nurse on using masks. Now they are going to use masks for awhile.

16. NMG26

NMG26

Makes me want to mask debate

17. flyover

flyover

I can do that for you, yes, no, yes, no and on for ad nauseam. :couch:

n2g, nursetim and NMG26 like this.
  18. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

Well as long as we just do things that make people that scare feel better, we should turn in our guns. Many people are scared of guns.

Since it is not about liberty, freedom, or if gun bans actually work, it is about leadership and sacrifice, we are waiting for you to go turn your guns in to show us how to make people scared of guns feel better. Take a video and post it for us of you going to local police station and telling them you no longer want these because people are scared. I will be waiting.

19. Timmy bigtime

Timmy bigtime

Normal with education: I hope not. Parents are now seeing the programming of their children since this covid arrived. They are forced to get involved in their education. I see a win.

Normal with jobs: I do not see it in heartland. Pretty normal. There are regional issues and mostly from power hungry mayors and governors flexing to steal power and trying to make Trump look bad. I believe this will backfire on them.

Normal in politics: this is biggest issue with election. Only future will tell, but I believe this is the new world order trying to seize power globally. I believe America will prevail for now, but definitely in death throws. Besides, have to make us fall in order to go after Israel as prophecy shows. "Do not go gentle into that goodnight. RAGE"

As for normal? Corruption seems to rule so: To hell with it. Everyone needs a little shakeup from time to time. I am ready, my town is ready, and I so want to see Jesus whoop some. He is gonna bring the biggest can with him. Hard but great days ahead. No fear people.

Squid1 likes this.
  20. nursetim

nursetim

Dude, we are in the time of minority rule, where have you been? If you are a two headed, trans hermaphrodite, you dictate policy for the rest of the country so your voice is heard.

Dynactus, Glock45Lover, n2g and 3 others like this.