GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Rottweilers making America great again!
3,267 Posts
The Republicans need to fast track a nominee BEFORE the election as the court will almost certainly need to get involved this time.

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Won’t work in this crazy election cycle. Trump can nominate but it’s not going to happen until after the election providing that he wins re-election. When you have that many GOP senators already bailing before RBG is in the ground DJT may as well concentrate on getting re-elected. I think that he will nominate someone with the expectation that it isn’t going anywhere in the Senate.
DJT may not be a favorite with the rinos but his support or opposition can make a difference in a tight election. If he asked his supporters to back a primary challenger some of these clowns could lose their next election. Even if the challenger loses they will have to spend money they wont have for the general election.

Reactions: Intolerant

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Notice Biden has not produced a list of potential candidates like Trump has. Is Biden ashamed of who he might pick? Liberals always hide their true intentions.
I can only think of three reasons he hasn`t;
1) biden already knows he`s going to lose big
2) biden is dreaming that he has this win already won
3) biden dosent know where or who he is

·
Rottweilers making America great again!
3,267 Posts
I can only think of three reasons he hasn`t;
1) biden already knows he`s going to lose big
2) biden is dreaming that he has this win already won
3) biden dosent know where or who he is
Maybe since everything is about identity politics w/ the Dems, Biden is looking for a transgender, police hating, marxist, pro-muslim BLM endorsed atheist who truly hates America.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Maybe since everything is about identity politics w/ the Dems, Biden is looking for a transgender, police hating, marxist, pro-muslim BLM endorsed atheist who truly hates America.
There is a few to pick from right here in GT.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
There are 6 RINO Senators who have previously pledged not to vote to approve a justice in 2020.

Grassley
Graham
Murkowski
Collins
Romney
Gartner

I don’t see how Trump gets his pick through the Senate.
Mitch needs to make them take a vote, gonna get a little hot for those up for reelection.

·
Registered
15,280 Posts
Trump needs to put up a nominee this month, and the Senate needs to vote on it before the election.

Elections have consequences, and this is exactly WHY we elected Trump in the first place.

There are Senators on this list like Collins who are up for re-election who would dare not stall on the vote...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My guess: it will take a couple of nominations.
They're going to burn out the first nomination, where the nominee may withdraw. It's a big toll on the family.

This is reason to move faster than fast.

To Chuck at the Senate: the People ALREADY made THEIR choice of president back in 2016. You're trying to get him out, so for you this is NOT about the people making the choice.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Just wondering has anyone thought that leaving the seat open until after the election will get Trump more votes? You need to vote for Trump so he can appoint a conservative to the SC.
Not saying it will change any votes just that it may give republicans more incentive to get out and vote.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
Just wondering has anyone thought that leaving the seat open until after the election will get Trump more votes? You need to vote for Trump so he can appoint a conservative to the SC.
Probably not a bad idea, but i think most peoples minds are already made up. Then again, i`m not sure that it would be worth THAT gamble. Democrats cheating an all.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
29,956 Posts
There’s time to get a nominee through the process.

But the wishy washy pseudo-Dem RINO Senators will never vote for it.
Three words.

Never underestimate Trump.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think like has already been stated, Trump must nominate a justice. Even if the Senate does nothing until after the election the nominee is out there. If it is a fair justice it will draw additional support. Doing nothing leaves it up to the voter's imagination. That is rarely a good thing. Biden should name his picks yesterday too.

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,437 Posts
Many here were convinced that Kavanagh would never get through.

·
A swamp dude
10,917 Posts
I hope Trump nominates someone now and the Senate takes it up immediately.

We could lose the Presidency and the Senate in November. Thus, Trump has a very small window to get another Conservative justice on the court before the country is taken over forever by the Progressives.

Reactions: happyguy

·
Registered
352 Posts
I believe the vacancy could charge up the Dem's base right now - something that they are clearly lacking with the ticket they have. However, if Trump makes his pick, with a wise choice, he could kill that enthusiasm once again for them and all but guaranteeing that they don't get the turnout they need.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts