GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
My guess is that he MAY make a nomination, but the system will not hold any hearings until after the election. Assuming a Trump win and Republicans maintain majority in Senate, then it will go forward. If Trump loses, nominee is thrown into the trash can and the dissolution of the United States will begin.

·
Registered
12,734 Posts
What is the point of bifurcating the discussion when there's already a thread about Ginsburg?

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Mentally Frozen
24,789 Posts
Go for it. He needs to push it.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are 6 RINO Senators who have previously pledged not to vote to approve a justice in 2020.

Grassley
Graham
Murkowski
Collins
Romney
Gartner

I don’t see how Trump gets his pick through the Senate.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
There are 6 RINO Senators who have previously pledged not to vote to approve a justice in 2020.

Grassley
Graham
Murkowski
Collins
Romney
Gartner

Maybe republican voters send these senators back home if they oppose the will of their party? That would be some kind of consolation prize just for playing. At least, one can hope.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts

Grassley
Graham
Murkowski
Collins
Romney
Gartner

Carrots and sticks, apply as needed.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts

Grassley
Graham
Murkowski
Collins
Romney
Gartner

There will be a vote win or lose and the American people will see who turns down a qualified justice.

Those Senators will have to face the voters sooner or later so that is their problem.

Knowing President Trump it will be a qualified candidate with impeccable credentials.

Notice Biden has not produced a list of potential candidates like Trump has. Is Biden ashamed of who he might pick? Liberals always hide their true intentions.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Carrots and sticks, apply as needed.
Won’t work in this crazy election cycle. Trump can nominate but it’s not going to happen until after the election providing that he wins re-election. When you have that many GOP senators already bailing before RBG is in the ground DJT may as well concentrate on getting re-elected. I think that he will nominate someone with the expectation that it isn’t going anywhere in the Senate.

·
Semper Paratus
27,806 Posts

Grassley
Graham
Murkowski
Collins
Romney
Gartner

Those weak azz puppets , wait to see what the polling in their state says I’m betting we get a justice before the end of the year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
Trump is the President until January 20th. That's 4 months. They should get it done within that 4 months, no matter what the election results are.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts