The worst panic yet....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Folsom_Prison, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Greeks.45

Greeks.45 Glock Man

Sadly the only prep I have done is to stock more ammo and I bought an axe. I do have about 50 bottles of water in the garage.
    My kids joke that between the axe, my "hooligan" tool and all my ammo we could just take over our neighborhood.

I have a small solar panel that charges a battery pack for my usb powered stuff.

Ok. Now that I'm not in the car this is what I have "prepped" and ready to go.
    In my closet is soft body armor (for handguns) and plate armor (for rifles). On the plate carrier is a first aid/trauma pack, two AR mags, two handgun mags and holster for Glock 32.
    My go to rifle is my 10.5" 5.56 suppressed Sbr.
    Backpack has two bottles of water, two protein bars, extra mags, newspaper, lighter, large knife, flashlight.
    My plan is to pretty much fight my way to my friend's farm where he has a natural gas pump, well water, greenhouses, chickens, cows, and of course he has plenty of guns and ammo (he is a dealer that caters to LE agencies).

2. wild cat mccane

wild cat mccane

Worst pandemic will be the amount of kids killed by new owners not locking up their guns.

Sorry. More guns means more youth/teen deaths.

3. slym2none

slym2none

Except for Remington, somehow...

:dunno:

cbetts1, Bus007 and railfancwb like this.
  4. Intolerant

Intolerant

Or their kids stealing their parents guns and ammo to join BLM rioting & murdering.

5. railfancwb

railfancwb

.40 S&W seems cheap.

Folsom_Prison likes this.
  6. Bav_ZedHP

Bav_ZedHP

Yeah, it is a sobering fact and unfortunately you can almost bet once this happens it'll make the news reels all pile against gun ownership. Many people don't take gun safety seriously enough.

7. stonesfan99

stonesfan99

Everyone freaked out over COVID. Once it passes stuff will be back in stock again.

IllinoisGun likes this.
  8. Bradley T

Bradley T

I read on one of these sites that the ammo companies in the States are just loading .223/5.56 rifle ammo and 9mm pistol. Kind of looks that way too; Ammo for your AR can be obtained if you get to the Academy first thing on truck days.

I never got any rifle training, but shot in M1 matches and IDPA, GSSF. I'm probably better than the average new gun guy, but I don't want any urban combat anarchy scenario in my life. I hope people finally figure out how to chill the heck out with all this crazy stuff!
    If you aint scared there is something wrong with you.

9. Matt VDW

Matt VDW Millennium Member

I am dreading the day this summer that high demand and/or summer storms cause a blackout. People who are already on edge are going to get crazy when they have no WiFi, air conditioning or refrigeration.

VIS07 and nrajeff like this.
  10. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

I'm not sure I would call this a panic. Looks more like a logical response to a pandemic, mob violence and an election where our gun rights are at stake. Buying more guns and ammo would seem to be the prudent thing to do not a panic.

APERS likes this.
  11. 45caldan

45caldan

That started it but it has ramped up since all the protests.
    It won’t be over until the election is over and maybe a while after that.
    Have you not been paying attention to what is going on?

12. APERS

APERS

My gut tells me, the "buy it cheap, stack it deep" era is over. For a long time. I'll shoot one more IDPA match this year, (150 rounds..ish) then I'm not shooting until further notice. When components become more available, I'll get back into it.

Intolerant likes this.
  13. J_Rico

J_Rico

That is just sad.

14. Eagle54

Eagle54

I saw a thread on here the other day that "confirmed" Glock was able to produce somewhere around 5000-7000 pistols per day. Orders have been roughly 20,000 per day.

In my mind using simple math, every day they are falling 2-3 days behind on incoming orders. Or put differently, they are losing ground by a factor of 2-3.

Now let's assume this has been going on for 2 months (I'm guessing, roughly, due to COVID and Riots). That means they are 4-6 months behind already assuming the current pace of both production (sounds like they are maxed out) and orders. Now, assume this keeps up until the election in 4 months...they will fall behind another 8-12 months. So all in all, given the current numbers, its going to take 12-18 months to catch up if this level of demand and production continues through the election.

We are going to be in a shortage for a while I think. And if Biden wins...all bets are off. It pays to plan ahead...

Intolerant likes this.
  15. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

IDK what kind of operations glock has but I saw somebody post those numbers as well the other day, that seems like a lot of guns in one day.

Obviously there is a demand by they aren’t the only company behind. I just hope QC doesn’t go out the window with these manufactures, if so there will be a even bigger problem.

I’ve ordered a couple things recently and trying to get ahold of somebody at said company’s has been a adventure. I’ve worked enough retail and get it, people are slammed right now. But I think customer service is starting to slip with the crazy demand.

flyover and Intolerant like this.
  16. Intolerant

Intolerant

I worked in manufacturing a long time... bean counters want those numbers at the end of the day.
    When you pitch quality vs quantity, guess which one loses. Quality loses every time. Gotta make the numbers.

Folsom_Prison likes this.
  17. VIS07

VIS07 In Omnia Paratus.

About a year ago, I sold a couple nice revolvers and bought a couple more ARs. I was thinking things might get dicey come election time. As it turns out that was a good move. I work at a small gunshop part time. The distributors basically just send what they have. Hence the bolt action rifles in 6.5 grendle on the wall. Lol Glocks trickle in. Anything semi auto that you can conceal sells in a day. We have sold a boatload of glock 43x and Sig 365s.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    flyover, wanderinwalker and Cambo like this.
  18. VIS07

VIS07 In Omnia Paratus.

Damn Im glad I live in a small town where no blackouts happen.

19. pairof44sp

pairof44sp

I'm going to buy a generator one day soon...

...is what I keep telling myself.

Timeless likes this.
  20. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

DON'T CHILDPROOF YOUR GUNS. GUN PROOF YOUR CHILDREN.

More guns just means more guns. Keep it simple.

Good news! There will be no pandemic of accidental gun deaths among the youth of the world.

So.....stop the fear mongering. Thank you.

Timeless and flyover like this.