"The War" by Ken burns...Starts tonight

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Mushin, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Mushin

Mushin RONIN

I saw the first episode tonight. Please watch this series it brought tears to my eyes, and is bringing things out that have never been released, about WWII. Check your local KPBS or public broadcasting station for times West coast its 8-10:30

2. citori59

citori59 Lock Guru

I watched too. I think documentaries like these should be required viewing for schools. Perhaps if every generation understood what the generations before them sacrificed, that sacrifice, may be appreciated and valued. I had stories from my dad, my mom and my uncle. I had teachers that fought in WW2 and Korea. I was made to understand that the WW2 generation saved the world. Sadly, that generation is becoming harder to find. The young people should know what the red in "Old Glory" stands for and take their damned hats off once in a while.

3. GAC

GAC

I recorded it last night and hope to watch this evening.

4. ARGlock

ARGlock

Another very good work by Ken Burns! I'm very impressed with this series! All younger generations should be made to watch this series so they will know what it took to make this country and save our world.

ARGlock