"The Walking Dead" Anybody still watching?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hines57, Feb 5, 2020.

1. nrajeff

nrajeff

That was a good job of summarizing what's wrong with the show, and what could have been easily fixed to make it a good show like it was in the first few seasons. Don't the producers and directors get feedback like this? If they do, why don't they use it to make it less dumb? They don't care? It's baffling.

fx77 likes this.
  2. texmex

texmex

I can't wait for the new season to start. Watching Carol operate is like a training film.

Aurora likes this.

3. pugman

pugman

Quit after the prison..whenever that was.

Then again, I have a history of giving up on shows. The Blacklist, SoA, Piccard, The Ranch, BSG.

When it jumps the shark or is the same thing over and over I'm done

nrajeff likes this.
  4. J-Doo

J-Doo

I keep watching because I have already invested so much time already and other than Ray Donovan there isn't much else on Sunday nights.

fx77 likes this.
  5. J_Rico

J_Rico

You think Picard jumped the shark or got repetitive? It just dropped episode 3.

That is harsh. Do you work at Fox?

nrajeff likes this.
  6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Interesting that so many people seem to see fighting zombies as the point of a zombie apocalypse story. The zombies barely matter. You can have the same story with a disease outbreak (Doomsday), Vampires (I Am Legend, Stake Land, Daylight's End), Alien Invasion (Falling Skies) Weather (The Day After Tomorrow) Nuclear War (The Road Warrior), etc., etc. The story is about post-apocalyptic survival. The zombies barely count as a prop.

I also get frustrated with those who see the zombies as too easy to kill (Including some authors). You don't need super zombies or strong/fast monsters. The fear factor of zombies is that they outnumber the living a million to 1. You can't carry enough ammo to kill them all, you can't kill them all by hand, because you run out of energy or they get you from behind. No matter how slow they move, they eventually get you. You can run faster than them, but sooner or later you have to rest and eat and they don't. Zombies are the perfect monster.

I must have read nearly every zombie story out there and the best authors are the ones who realize it's a survival story about people.

TBO, fx77 and Hartford like this.
  7. J_Rico

J_Rico

I used to keep up. It was a 'water-cooler' show with certain people at work.

Now everyone but me has lost interest, so I wait for a season to finish and show up on Netflix. Then I will watch them.

I dropped Fear a long time ago, but I see comments here that it is now better than the original. Has Fear gotten better or has TWD gotten worse?

nrajeff likes this.
  8. pugman

pugman

Piccard just didn't pull me in.

TWD I gave up after I understood (realizing its a scripted show) dumb characters are awarded for doing dumb things and Rick is one of the worst "leaders" in the history of television.

nrajeff likes this.
  9. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Stopped watching first season.

People acting stupid and then are shocked when bad things happen.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

nrajeff likes this.
  10. ACE31

ACE31

After the Governor arc it plain sucked. Fear the Walking Dead got good and now it sucked...Z-nation all the way LMAO

nrajeff likes this.
  11. boofers20

boofers20

I still watch, but it is not very good any more. One thing I can't stand is the character hypocrisy, meaning that one one hand want to kill human threats at any cost, then later one when possibly faced with same threat will become a liberal pacifist hippie, " a all life is precious" and "if we kill them, we are no better than them" BS. It makes no sense to me. Carol is a good example, she will burn people alive without remorse, then get all sappy and want to go be on her own, then turn back into a raging monster.

FTWD has basically become Walking Dead West Coast...never cared for any of those characters and it's premise to show the pre-zombie apocolypse only lasted like 3 episodes in the first season? Now it's a completely different show, similar characters doing dumb stuff.

nrajeff likes this.
  12. dkf

dkf

Stopped watching TWD several seasons ago, before Rick was killed. Didn't even make it to two seasons with FTWD.

13. bababoris

bababoris

I am in till the bitter end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. nrajeff

nrajeff

I was liking the new BSG okay until it jumped a Mega Shark with its twist. Ruined it for me. I wish I had quit watching before that horrible ending that critics apparently loved. Might as well have just done the St. Elsewhere surprise, and made the whole series just an autistic kid's snowglobe hallucination.

15. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I'm still watching it.

:cool:

16. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I'm in for life, and after that I'm gonna become a zombie.

TBO and nrajeff like this.
  17. pugman

pugman

See St Elsewhere...didn't even know that. I watched it a bit and gave up.

And if the Oscars, Grammies and critics have taught me one thing. Anything they like most likely I will hate.

nrajeff likes this.
  18. texmex

texmex

Maybe shooting zombies in the head will create a use for the 5.7 pistol if they can find ammo.

TBO and nrajeff like this.
  19. uofaengr

uofaengr

I stopped after the season that Rick left..I think he left at the halfway point. Seemed like it was headed further into agenda theatre and just lost interest. Curious what their viewership is now, but feel like it should've ended after the war. I didn't start watching till I think season 6 or 7 was on TV, but kinda miss the days of binge watching to catch up...was such a good show the first few seasons.

nrajeff likes this.
  20. 308M1A

308M1A

Some shows just need to end.

ACE31, nrajeff and cbetts1 like this.