The voters of Louisiana have spoken:

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Will Beararms, Nov 17, 2019.

1. JFrame

JFrame

I understand that Louisiana, like my own Virginia, has historically been a Democrat state, at least in terms of local politics.

Will Beararms likes this.
  2. Chui

Chui

I’m in Baton Rouge and I don’t care for Edwards and we know precious little about Rispone.

I don’t trust Rispone.

We need REAL candidates.

We (the nation) have been sold out by BOTH DEMOCRATS & REPUBLICANS while few paid attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco Roll Tide!

LA and KY Gov results going Dem are not a result of Trump. These two Repubs were not that popular and trailed heading into their races. Trump nearly carried both of them across the finish line.

I say it over and over. Statewide races are different than National races. The voters will make up their own mind who’s right for them. No candidate on either side has what Trump has. Trump is in a league of his own and his base will be strong for him.

A lot of people thought after 2010 midterms Obama was done in 2012. That didn’t happen. You have to put the best candidates up. If you suck, you suck. Can’t rely on the President to carry you over.

4. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

So, Beshear barely won the governorship by 5,000 votes - this, after Bevin pissed off pretty much every government employee in the state. Had I been eligible to vote, I'd have voted for the libertarian candidate. Bevin can go **** himself, and I'd never have voted for a pro-choice anti-gun Democrat.

With all your doom and gloom, I suppose you didn't notice that Republicans swept the rest of the state offices...including electing a black dude as a conservative Attorney General.

glock1097 and jr24 like this.
  5. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

There are a few such Democrats still around, but you gotta wonder why given where the national party platform is now. Tax wealth, abolish the 2nd amendment, abolish the 1st amendment, abortion on demand (even after birth), medicare for all till it breaks, no genders, no borders, no citizens really, communism. How do the oldschool FDR/Kennedy era and "blue dog" democrats continue to find commonality with the modern party? Beats me. You know today's "progressives" are absolutely F.O.S. when they try to tell you the Democrat party hasn't gone further left and that it's the Republicans and the right-wing of American politics generally that has shifted hardcore right, even 'fascist." That's absolute horse****. 99% of Democrats 50 years ago still believed in America first, the 2nd Amendment, secure borders, penis/male ******/female.

Edit: why does GT censor the clinical term for female genitalia, the one that starts with vag and ends with ina, but doesn't censor "PENIS?"

Pythonman likes this.
  6. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Well said. I came to Louisiana for work and met my wife there. Her real paternal Grandfather was a war hero from the pacific theater in WWII. He killed a man in Alexandria who was wanted for armed robbery and was sent to Angola. Governor Edwin Edwards found out about him and what he had done in WWII and gave him a Pardon of the Month.

The law in LA used to be based on the first five books of the Old Testament and French law; not English common law. It is definitely different.

This could have been a lot worse. JBE is a US Army Ranger, anti-abortion and supposedly pro-gun. Still, the GOP needs to get its act together.

Pythonman and glock1097 like this.
  7. fx77

fx77 CLM

Basically the Dem ran on a republican agenda.

8. nmk

nmk

Is the swamp drained yet? What's the tally on the deficit?

9. nmk

nmk

Wasn't that the whole point?

10. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

You need to add FOS and liar to be completely accurate....

serve_and_protect likes this.
  11. robhic

I
    I initially voted for Abraham just because. JBE is a trial lawyer and FOS. I didn't like Rispone's shrill voice so that left Abraham. He lost and I was NOT gonna vote for JBE, hence Rispone. :dunno:

12. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

You right man. It ain’t good but it could have been worse. Some of the locations of my customers put me in radio range of AM 540 Monroe. I have kept up with this election all year and I believe there was a dead cat on the line with two Republican front runners. I don’t think it was happenstance.

13. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

Trump loses 2020. The fraud and the fix are already in. The public is too stupid, evil, and undeserving of a real American president. The nation's done, now we enter the phase of suffering through ignorance.

14. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

We’re not there yet. Let’s wait and see what happens in 2020 first.

15. Intolerant

Intolerant

Its not going to matter who wins or who loses... the side that loses will start rioting.

And if it goes sideways real bad, BANG, its on, full blown civil war.
    The biggest problem is that you wont know who is on YOUR side.

hammerkill likes this.
  16. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

The only reason Bevin came close to being reelected is because Trump campaigned for him.

Bevin ran for governor of Kentucky the first time as a MAGA supporting real conservative.

Then after getting elected, he rapidly transmogrified into a regular establishment Wall Street Journal type neocon, who wanted to inflict the "exciting free market solutions" the neocons love blabbing about, on the working class people of Kentucky.

You know: stuff like cutting pensions/benefits, slashing and/or privatizing government services, lifetime per person $ caps on Medicaid, and tax cuts for Big Business to grow muh economy.

I guess the working class people of Kentucky aren't interested in "exciting free market solutions" to all their problems.

Oh well.

See also Colyer, Jeff. I hear he's looking for work these days too.

17. robhic

Interesting point. The ballot was quite small. Governor, Sec. of State and a couple of proposals. I think like 5 items altogether not a big complex ballot. I heard this morning that John bel "the catfish" Edwards won with about 40K votes. SecState won his race but with about 40K votes less cast. Hmmm, was pushing a couple more touch-screen buttons so difficult that 40K more people voted for governor and not SecState and 2-3 more items? Who would do that...?

18. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

All this gloom and doom. You have one job, get off the couch and vote. I promise that dems will be and the dead, and the illegals, and who ever else they can sneak in.
    Will it matter? Maybe, but for sure it will if you don't cast a ballot.

19. Pythonman

Pythonman

Who was that woman that looked like she’d just croaked behind Edwards as he drunkenly patted himself on the back for winning? He didn’t seem to be aware of the tragedy unfolding behind him.

20. gunowner1

gunowner1

This whole thread makes me want to eat my G20!