The University of Northern Communists in Chapel Hill

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by OXMYX, Aug 21, 2018.

1. OXMYX

OXMYX

rfd339 and Fred Hansen like this.
  2. Detectorist

Detectorist

My Dad, UNC '50, is rolling in his grave. Vandalism and terrorism has replaced civilized dialogue.

3. janice6

janice6

These mobs don't realize that by destroying the things that offend them, they are setting an example for others that will feel offended by them. The very principle you fight against may be used against you.

Someday these people will be on the defensive from the very people that aided them in this act.

“The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.” — Hannah Arendt

“Liberal institutions straightway cease being liberal the moment they are soundly established: Once this is attained, no more grievous and more thorough enemies of freedom exist than liberal institutions.” Nietzsche

“Violence, of course, is generally associated with frankly totalitarian forms of anti-political utopianism like Communism, but the Second World War shows that liberal universalists are as capable of violence as Communists. They are just less capable of honesty.” ― Greg Johnson

“Political correctness is the natural continuum from the party line. What we are seeing once again is a self-appointed group of vigilantes imposing their views on others. It is a heritage of communism, but they don't seem to see this.” ― Doris Lessing

“..Liberals see racism where it doesn't exist, fabricate it when they can't find it and ignore it within their own ranks.” ― Michelle Malkin

“Left-wing zealots have often been prepared to ride roughshod over due process and basic considerations of fairness when they think they can get away with it. For them the ends always seems to justify the means. That is precisely how their predecessors came to create the gulag.” ― Margaret Thatcher

4. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Can we tear down the statue of Hussein in Puerto Rico?

janice6, nursetim and SH10151 like this.
  5. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Being violent is a good way to get hurt or dead!

janice6 and nursetim like this.
  6. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

I would prescribe wood shampoos for everyone.

7. paul45

paul45

Makes me wonder..

Do the parents of these Turds know that they are paying 50,000 grand a year for their children to become full blown Marxists?

deputy tom, janice6, nursetim and 3 others like this.
  8. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Yes...because their parents are from the Woodstock generation...Berkley/Columbia educated

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That place has been a hotbed of left-wing alterna-hippie wackos since I was at Ft. Bragg in the mid-80's. I used to hang around the punk rock scene in Raleigh and make fun of the local punks for associating with hippies.

10. pag23

pag23 NRA Life Member

Did you have the spiked hair and metal studded wrist bands....lol

Pics or it didn't happen..lol:dancing:

11. G29guy06

G29guy06

Hell yeah!

janice6 and Jade Falcon like this.
  12. Finestkind

Finestkind

Where does this end. When all the monuments are torn down because they offended someone? What sparked this particular outrage? Why did the law enforcement on site stop it?

The message being sent it that it is ok to destroy something if you think it offends you?

Finestkind

janice6 likes this.
  13. G29guy06

G29guy06

Law enforcement enforces the laws...when they’re ordered too...

capnjim01 and nursetim like this.
  14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I don't know what is unusual about having been a punk rocker in the 80's. I assume we all grew up in some sort of subculture. When I was at Ft. Bragg, a group of guys, mostly from the West Coast, used to hang out together and go to hardcore shows in Raleigh and sleep on the floors of various houses every weekend. We specifically hung around Hillsborough Street in the middle of the NC State campus, but we went to Chapel Hill - in fact, when I first met the group we went to a tiny place called the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill and watched Husker Du. Saw Black Flag at a National Guard armory near Raleigh and the Butthole Surfers at the Brewery on Hillsborough Street, along with lots of less-known bands.
    me1986.jpg

G19Tony and Critch like this.
  15. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Supposed to be college educated still haven't learned the difference between History and racism , white kids saying their offended by Confederate statues ?????? Someone has gotten inside their heads, you can't earase history by removing statues , what's next books ! Apparently you can indoctrinate the ignorant !

deputy tom, janice6 and nursetim like this.
  16. nursetim

nursetim

Nope, wrongo marylou, it’s dimwits my age (tw) that spawn theses troglodyte idiots.

Just Glocks likes this.
  17. nursetim

nursetim

I grew up in chapel hill, in CB jargon it was known as “hippie hill” in the ‘70’s. They are the berkley of the east coast. I wonder how long before those idiots are ****ting on the sidewalks like frisco?

The town is FUBAR. They have high rises all over the place. Some of those “comrade” city council idiots must have been paid huge money to allow this.

“How many Chapel hillians does it take to screw in a light bulb? 15. One to screw in the new bulb and 14 to talk about how good the old one used to be.”

I am a true Chapel hillian.

I think it’s a town ordnance that you have to drive a pricus if you live inside the city limits.

I hate that these mother****ing hemorrhoids mother****ing *******s did this. May they rot in venezuelan hell for the rest of their miserable existence!

18. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

Conservatives respect the law and the property of others. ******** do not.

19. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

It reminds me of when the Taliban decided The Buddahs of Bamiyan were too offensive to their religion and needed to be destroyed. Statues, I might add, that predated their religion. Striking similarities, really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan

Humans are pretty regrettable.

VC-Racing, janice6 and Dog Soldier like this.
  20. billorights

billorights

It's the same bunch that tore down the statue in Durham. While some of the students are useful idiots, the leaders are not even students for the most part, but Commie agitators.

Just Glocks, deputy tom and janice6 like this.