Glock Talk banner

The True Believers

330 Views 17 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Dragoon44
The controversy surrounding the actions of the poster we know as Kwikrnu reveals the fundamental divide among gun owners, CCW'ers and even OC'ers.

The divide between the reasonable, rational, and responsible citizens and the "True Believers". The Fanatics for which there is no circumstance or action to outlandish or irresponsible that they will not jump in to support the idiot performing them.

These are the die hard kool aid drinkers and if you don't drink their brand of kool aid you are the enemy.

And you can notice that the same ones that guzzle the kool aid are themselves like Kwik, ardent cop haters and bashers. They despise authority of any kind. Cops are just the most visible representation of that authority.

All that matters to them is their ideology, and that devotion to ideology makes them reject reason, common sense, and even blinds them to the contradictions in their own thinking and statements.

There is no reason or logic that they can or will comprehend.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,053 Posts
:agree:

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
I think I will change my open carry avatar on OCDO to a LEO Praying avatar...okay, that is done. See how long it takes the jackals to start circling...

It is pathetic that they cannot see. They say, "He hasn't done anything so far." The qualifier, so far, speaks volumns and if something does happen they can say they had their doubts.

Sad...

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their real issue is they are anti authority. They will support idiots like kwik because his stated goal is confrontation with authority.

Look at his most vocal supporters over there, rabid cop haters one and all. What and WHY he is doing what he is doing is irrelevant to them.

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty much reveals the bankruptcy of their argument when they have to resort to such absurds comparisons doesn't it?

They cannot refute the facts nor can they refute the points that those opposed to Kwiks stupidity have raised. so they are left with lame arguments like this.

They cannot sustain their arguments so they resort to attacking the person(s) whose arguments they could not refute.

The sad thing is they are so stupid it makes perfect sense to them.

· IWannaBeSedated
11,306 Posts
There is nothing wrong with being "anti-authority." There is a time and place when we can, and we should, question our government. But these are the feels who, even as adults, lack the ability to distinguish how, when, and why to do so.

To them, "how" is any way they want, "when" is whenever they feel like it, and "why" is because they damn well want to. They're the very definition of self-indulgent. They're impulsive, antagonistic, and stubborn to a fault... much like an impetulant child.

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
volsbear;14508838 said:
There is nothing wrong with being "anti-authority." There is a time and place when we can, and we should, question our government. But these are the feels who, even as adults, lack the ability to distinguish how, when, and why to do so.

To them, "how" is any way they want, "when" is whenever they feel like it, and "why" is because they damn well want to. They're the very definition of self-indulgent. They're impulsive, antagonistic, and stubborn to a fault... much like an impetulant child.
Well said.

OCDO, Defensive Carry, USACarry, and the various state forums all serve there purpose promoting open and concealed carry. They also provide the more radical elements safe haven and freedom of expression (within limits depending on the forum) that presents a poor picture of the carry community. They liken themselves to the 'original Patriots'. Problem is they reflect poorly when seen by others, like the ugly step-sisters whose mirror tricks them into believing they are the fairest in the land...

I confronted one with his own words, words where he admitted his willingness to violate the law, if not an admission that he has already. Funny, he has not responded on the public forum. He did send me a PM asking what my point is. I did not respond.

Impetulant child who got caught with the proverbial hand in the cookie jar? :whistling:

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OCDO, Defensive Carry, USACarry, and the various state forums all serve there purpose promoting open and concealed carry. They also provide the more radical elements safe haven and freedom of expression (within limits depending on the forum) that presents a poor picture of the carry community. They liken themselves to the 'original Patriots'. Problem is they reflect poorly when seen by others, like the ugly step-sisters whose mirror tricks them into believing they are the fairest in the land...
Add to that is the fact that the ones that squawk the loudest are invariably the most ignorant. Claiming that some private business is infringing on their 2nd amendment rights by prohibiting firearms.

They also time and time again demonstrate their hypocrisy rights be honored ( even when they show they have no clue what they really are) then adamantly maintaining they could care less about a property owners rights and will ignore them if there is no law to punish them.

Ironically they are the same ones that whine and cry foul about laws being passed they think infringe on their rights. loudly crying for the abolishment of existing laws while demonstrating behavior that demonstrates why such laws are necessary. Because of people like them that will do as they damn well please and ignore everyone else's rights unless a law exists to prohibit them.

These are the kind that mistake liberty for license, They are more than happy to claim "Rights" but recoil like a vampire before a cross when the subject of responsibilities is brought up.

I chose my new sigline to irritate these oxygen thieves.

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Dragoon44;14510515 said:
...These are the kind that mistake liberty for license, They are more than happy to claim "Rights" but recoil like a vampire before a cross when the subject of responsibilities is brought up.

I chose my new sigline to irritate these oxygen thieves.
I made the new avatar to do the very same thing and am using it on other forums as well.... :animlol:

· Registered
4,954 Posts
Dragoon, the title of your post made me recall the term "Violent True Believer". Its equally applicable whether discussing fundamentalist muslim terrorists, "freemen", or the moron-lube wackos.

Just a matter of time until one of them pops.

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Newcop761;14521114 said:
Dragoon, the title of your post made me recall the term "Violent True Believer". Its equally applicable whether discussing fundamentalist muslim terrorists, "freemen", or the moron-lube wackos.

Just a matter of time until one of them pops.
But until one pops they will feed on each other and pump each other up. When one crosses the line they will disavow him or any complicity in his actions.

I keep thinking of the old version of the caine mutiny, at the end the lawyer toasts one of the guys that actually insinuated the mutiny then testified against the people he goaded into it.

"Here's to the true author of the caine mutiny."

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sam Spade;14521954 said:
There was a remake? (Not that it could possibly compare to the Bogie version.)
Maybe there wasn't but I could have sworn I had seen a made for TV movie of the caine mutiny that was absolutely 3rd rate compared to the 1954 movie.

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Dragoon44;14521390 said:
But until one pops they will feed on each other and pump each other up. When one crosses the line they will disavow him or any complicity in his actions...
And the blame will go to those who decried the behavior leading up to the event saying that the pressure of peer rejection led the poor soul to act.

Toro CACA!!!

· Registered
12,429 Posts
ya know, not that I will lose any sleep over it, but I wonder just how miserable some of those people are in real life. If you have that much hostility and anger inside, you can't be doing well mentally, emotionally or physically. It has to take a toll on you.

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
OXCOPS;14524614 said:
ya know, not that I will lose any sleep over it, but I wonder just how miserable some of those people are in real life. If you have that much hostility and anger inside, you can't be doing well mentally, emotionally or physically. It has to take a toll on you.
"Real life", now there is the problem...their reality is a fantasy land...

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OXCOPS;14524614 said:
KWIK already admitted what most already suspected given he appears to have lots and lots of free time to go and measure park signs.

He is an unemployed loser that apparently cannot keep a job living off of his wifes income.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts