close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The thing that's hooking me on Glocks ...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kents, Apr 19, 2012.

1. kents

kents

Been shooting a LONG time.

First time Glock owner as of March - Gen 4 Glock 19 (9mm) with all the latest parts & springs. Flawless reliability.

I think the Glock is a good looking pistol, not that I buy pistols for good looks mind you. I'm a "utility" kind of guy.

I've had 3 long and ammo draining sessions at the indoor range and also a good bit of outdoor shooting over Easter weekend in the sand pits.

It may be the gun breaking in, it may be me really dialing in my awareness of how the gun operates but the recoil manageability and the accuracy seem to be notably smoothing out with use.

But the thing ... The Thing ... that's hooking me on this gun is the trigger.

More specifically, the trigger RESET.

Man I love how I can hold on fire, back off with a controlled release of pressure and get that addictive little *click* and its time to shoot again, effortlessly.

My brain is jiving with this reset so that my sights happen to be right back on target when I get that reset.

I'm like a chicken at the feeder bar piano pecking a note to get my reward.

That addictive little *click* is like the relief you get from a good back scratching. It just ... yeah right there ... ahhhh.

Tone is in the trigger.

2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

YuP once one gets use to the Glock trigger every thing is no big deal.I guess I have been shooting a Glock long enough that when a new to Glock shooter complains that Hey this isn't like my 1911 trigger I often have to try to remember. SJ 40

3. bac1023

bac1023

Very cool

Glad to hear

4. Brazos

Brazos

The Glock trigger is ok, but can be made better. But once you have had the Glock a little longer there is much more. Here is what I like about Glocks. First the finish on the metal parts is nearly idestructable. Combine that with the polymer frame there is almost no maintenance. Next is the low bore axis. This helps recoil but reduces the demensions of the pistol. For example I have a Sig P228 and a G19. The two pistols are direct competitors in every way. In the end the Glock is smaller due to the low bore axis. This also makes the Glock much more comfortable to carry. Of course the low bore axis recoils less. Another great thing about a Glock is almost anyone can fully tear it down to it's basic components w/ very little training (and w/ very minimal tools). Once its apart the replacement parts are extremely cheap and abundent. The magazines are typically the cheapest you can buy. The gun itself is reletively cheap compared to its competition but even cheaper when you add in the savings for extra mags. After market parts and support is as good as it gets. If I had one complaint it would be the barrel. I wish they had conventional rifleing in the barrel for safe use with lead bullets. Thought the barrel is proven accurate as a reloader lead bullets are cheap. That being said plenty of Glock owners use lead bullets and swear it is not an issue. This has been a breif run down of the highlights of what I think makes a Glock great but there is more. Enjoy your new Glock.

5. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

6. Artacticool

Artacticool

My first Fire arm (last Month) is the glock 23 gen 4. I can't rave about this anymore then anyone else. Its just a remarkable weapon. Friend of mine swears by Sprinfield and says its just a perfected Glock. What are your thoughts on the sprinfield line and his take.

Personally I don't like that safety on the back strap. I still have another permit to purchase another handgun i have 90 days from the time i got the permits (f'ing nj laws) buy anyhow i'm in the market for another handgun and not really sure what to go with my gut says go Glock, but which one is the question.

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

The trigger out the box is solid and better than some others but yes it can be improved.

:50cal:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  8. Glock40man

Glock40man

Glad your enjoying the G19!:thumbsup:

9. Zombiegargoyle

Zombiegargoyle

My G34 is inspiring me to practice to become a crackshot just to annoy the steel frame 9mm huggers down at my club. : - )
    Stage 2 is to buy and master a G21 to annoy the rest bwahaha.

10. ijacek

ijacek

Once you master that *reset* it's all downhill from there.

I like Glock due to it's ingenious/simple design.

11. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  12. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

13. mymini40

mymini40

same here.

14. sr975j

sr975j

yep, when i first got my 23, which was my first pistol, i didnt really know about the trigger reset. i was shooting by squeezing all the way back then releasing the trigger all the way forward. my double and triple taps were nothing short of ridiculous. i did a little reading here and learned about the trigger reset. i started shooting from reset and i made drastic improvements.

i do love the solid click that a glock makes on reset....anyone who has shot an M&P will appreciate the glock reset even more. the M&P reset is ridiculous.

Sam

15. bill1725

bill1725

Kents,

Good post.