Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

I like it. I like it a lot. Quite a bit heavier than my G30S though and the fatter slide is a little less comfortable IWB but the extra round in the gun and two more in the spare mag make it a worthwhile trade off.

Loaded up with 11 rounds of 200 grain Federal HST. 500 ft lbs per shot. Not bad lads. Not bad at all. I’m not an energy junkie by any means, but hey, staying above 500 ft lbs and still being fairly easy to control is pretty ****ing gnarly man.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Nice.

Great gun. I was going to buy a 29 but didn't find one in stock at the time so I went with the 20. No regrets but I wouldn't mind adding a 29 sometime.

I personally like 10mm way better than 45 so I thick the fatter slide is a good trade off vs the 30S.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice.

Great gun. I was going to buy a 29 but didn't find one in stock at the time so I went with the 20. No regrets but I wouldn't mind adding a 29 sometime.

I personally like 10mm way better than 45 so I thick the fatter slide is a good trade off vs the 30S.
Not quite sure which one I like more. The .45 HST definitely expands a good bit more than the 10mm HST while the 10 out penetrates it by a good 4-6 inches. The extra rounds on tap is pretty damn nice too.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice.

You could always chop the grip to G29 length. Best of both worlds. Would be an ugly bastage but super duper cool IMO.
Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Interesting. He gets a chronograph reading of 1,107 fps average with the G29 shooting the Federal 200 grain 10mm HST. I assumed a larger drop than that compared to the G20.

That’s 544 ft lbs at the muzzle of a compact handgun with a 3.78 inch barrel using factory HST. Pretty ****ing cool.

Is it real 10mm? Nope. I’d save the full house hardcast loads for the woods though. HST on the street.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
View attachment 1025305

I like it. I like it a lot. Quite a bit heavier than my G30S though and the fatter slide is a little less comfortable IWB but the extra round in the gun and two more in the spare mag make it a worthwhile trade off.

Loaded up with 11 rounds of 200 grain Federal HST. 500 ft lbs per shot. Not bad lads. Not bad at all. I’m not an energy junkie by any means, but hey, staying above 500 ft lbs and still being fairly easy to control is pretty ****ing gnarly man.

I think of it as making good shot placement even better!

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
10,932 Posts
Congrats on the 29. Enjoy it in health! 🍻

My daily carry with the same Raven Concealment “holster”.
Mine is stoked with 165 grain Gold Dots loaded by DoubleTap. Excellent street round.

Reactions: 40 mike-mike

·
Registered
754 Posts
View attachment 1025305

Nice!
I don't have a G29 but a G20.
Fits my hand better.
I used to carry my G17 until I bought the G20.
Honestly,I don't feel it as being that much wider,a little heavier though.
I carry it concealed IWB in a Tagua leather pancake holster. The same one that's made for my G17 in fact.
I also find it a joy to shoot. Recoil? First time shooting it I loaded it up with those Federal Premium 200gr. JHPs. They were the hottest loads I could get on short notice when I bought it. Smooth as butter. 2 hands,1 hand,off hand,it was a lot like firing the G17 with +p+ loads.
I love the thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts