Glock Talk banner

The Sunflower State Classic VI

Tags
gssf kansas
1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  G21H30 
#1 ·
Hello all!
Somehow my wife and I stumbled across this tonight after we came home from the range and decided we’re going to make the 5 hour trek to check out our first outdoor match. I have shot an indoor match here in Texas and wanted to thank everyone for the various postings in regard to guides, tips, and/or general advice.
We already planned to go to Greeley, CO later on in Aug, but thought this would be a great way to dive in. Hopefully I can convince my wife to shoot her 19 and 17.

The point of the thread: will any of you be attending? Be nice to say hi and have a resource available if we have silly questions as we go. We plan to review the threads and guides more and more, but questions pop up. I saw folks talk about shooting multiple divisions? Can anyone give me a high level on what that entails? I looked at the pre registration form and came over here searching threads for answers.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi,

If your wife shoots in the match have her register for the Glock Girls Side Match. I help squad some matches and about 50% of the ladies do not know about that division so they do not shoot it. It is the same course of fire, it’s just that for every 10 ladies they draw for a random Glock. Your odds at winning a random gun are great. The registration for that division is on the pocket glock registration form. I hope she does shoot, but be careful what you wish for. My husband talked me into shooting an indoor Glock match. I shot my first one 6 years ago and now I am dragging him all over the east coast to shoot in all kinds of matches. :)

#4 ·
My wife and I will be shooting the match on Sunday. She will be shooting 4 divisions and I will be shooting 6 divisions. Make sure you both sign up for the new shooters drawing. Also if your wife shoots in AM/CIV that she marks the Adult Female because if she is the first female shooter it will be worth $75 to her. We have shot this match every year and Mike and his group of RO's do a great job making sure everything runs smoothly.Good luck and we hope you have a safe trip both ways.

Reactions: PM720
#7 ·
My wife and I shot 10 guns total in a little less than 2 hours. It was a good thing too as the heat and humidity were oppressive. Thanks to Mike and all the RO's for another very well run match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.