close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Sun Set on our Molly Cat.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by PSU_G34, Aug 17, 2006.

1. PSU_G34

PSU_G34 London Calling

My wife and I have six cats. The last two we adopted from a local SPCA in March. We found out that one of them (Molly) had feline leukemia. We were told by the vet that she would probably live 3-5 years and then sucumb to the disease. We kept her seperate from the others in our bedroom and sent out posters and calls to try to get her a home, some generous people adopt special needs animals.

Yesterday we had a visit from the mobile vet (she has an RV). we were going to get four of the cats microchipped and update everyone's vacinations. We asked her to take a look at Molly, she had been breathing rapidly and shallowly since Saturday. She has always been very active and playful. At our house her coat got shiny and the vet said that he would never have known that she was sick if he hadn't done the tests himself.

Molly had always wanted to play for an hour or so every night when we got home. She had a small fur ball that she would bring to us and then we would throw it and she would retrieve it. She started to have trouble getting up on the bed and she would only play for a few minutes at a time.

The vet was very distrubed when she saw Molly breathe. She let us know that, at best, we could delay the inevitable, but she could go in a day or a few months. We decided to let her go right away. She was having more and more trouble breathing. She still had bright eyes and a good appetite, but she had fluid around her lungs.

So, we got her blanket and held her while the vet sedated her nad then when she was asleep, she gave her the final shot. Molly will be cremated for safety purposes and we are going to plant a tree in our yard for her. We had her almost exactly five months and she turned one year old this week.

Here are some pictures.

Molly's home at the shelter for five months.
    [​IMG]

Molly on her blanket at her new home.
    [​IMG]

Molly with some of her toys.
    [​IMG]

We will miss you.:crying:

2. Glock_36

Glock_36 Jason

My Prayers are with You. May God Bless You and Watch Over You for adopting His Loving Creatures. She was a Darling.:angel:

3. walkin man

walkin man

This is so sad to read. It is inspiring that you went so far to make her a good home. Pets are a privilege and even though you only had her a short while she made an impression that will not be forgotten.

walkin man

4. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

what a pretty, pretty girl...........

be comforted that she had a GREAT home and you gave her the best home........

I feel your pain really bad........and my thoughts are with you.

"Don't cry because it is over, instead, smile because it happened". :angel: :angel: :angel:

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

6. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

I'm so sorry for your loss.

7. PSU_G34

PSU_G34 London Calling

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Losing a pet is never easy, especially when it's sudden.

8. eleanor

eleanor

It's always hard to lose a family member. It's wonderful that you took in a fe-luk positive kitten. Most folks just wouldn't bother. I hope she's at peace. At least she died knowing someone loves her. She was not alone.

9. GAdobemom

GAdobemom

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at such a sad time.