Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some here may remember my wife works in the Senior Housing Unit a the local medical center. Right now, of the 53 residents 27 are sick with COVID-19. I don't know how many staff there are there, but 15 are out sick with it, 1 staff person is on a ventilator, and 2 have died in the past week and a half.

My wife is a fanatic when it come to protecting herself. But I am worried, very worried.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
That’s bad. Sorry for that position. Can the local health department help the facility to make sure they’re doing what they need to do?

·
Registered
15,953 Posts
You are stronger than a virus.

Your immune system is stronger than a virus.

Your body is built to beat and win against a virus.

That is called an affirmation. What you believe and affirm has a lot to do with what comes to pass. It takes some practice, but you learn to affirm good things and expect good things

·
Registered
984 Posts
Your wife is extremely brave!
Please thank her for us.
Praying that she and you all come through this okay.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
117,535 Posts
You're right to be concerned.
Even if you and your wife are strong, healthy, careful, and asymptomatic, either of you could transmit the virus to someone else.
Resist any temptation to go hug grandma.
Thank your wife for her sacrifice.

·
Socially Inept
5,455 Posts
Stay safe and sane. Kudos to your wife for being on the front line. I had an aunt get it in an assisted living center, she passed this week.

·
Director of civil unrest
10,294 Posts
Yeah, I'd be on edge too. Just take care of her. It's hard being in a position where you are supposed to take care of people and doing just that could make you sick. Keep a stiff upper lip.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Clancy, your wife is very brave to continue to do her work. I can only imagine the stress for both of you. You both need to pay attention to all of the little things to help protect yourselves: plenty of rest, a healthy well balanced diet, focus on the positives and avoid the negatives as personal attitude is powerful, try to get outside and go for a walk together when you can, and if you believe then put it over in His hands.

I do believe and will pray for both of you. Thank Mrs. Clancy for doing her work for me please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, all.

Reactions: NDcent and n2g
1 - 12 of 12 Posts