Home > Firearms Forums > General Firearms Forum > The steel WWI/WWII legend made in Turkey...

The steel WWI/WWII legend made in Turkey...

1. This is the steel WWI/WWII legend made in Turkey by Tisas for less than the law enforcement agency can bulk purchase the injection-molded Glock pistol at aggressively discounted price. It's not exactly a GI set-up, but pretty damn close. Series 70. All parts except for the grips screws and grip bushings are interchangeable with Colt. Cast frame, extruded steel slide and cold hammer forged barrel. MIM parts of course. Can be found for under $350.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tested a few years back.

3. They had a SS version as well. I was always tempted.

4. I am tempted to get one just to do a sand and mud test.

5. I have one on order. Not really sure if that was a good idea, but nearly nobody offers such configuration any longer. I may grab Springfield GI if I can find one decently priced and in good condition. Till then this one must do.

6. Good stuff coming from Turkey these days...

7. My sarcasm meter is busted, are you being serious?

8. Yes

9. I would not have guessed that.

10. I’ve had no issues with the Turkish handguns I’ve owned and/or shot.

11. Seriously not trying to be an ass, just didn’t seem like something you would be into. What would be your favorite Turkish design?

12. I’m not into them, but I’ve owned a couple. They don’t really design anything. They mainly just offer clones.

13. I always liked the Armalite AR-24 pistol. I think that was made in Turkey and looked decent.

14. I took a leap of faith initially, but all I've been reading so far about this pistol is pretty much positive. If it works and I'll like it... I may even keep it. Turks are making the firearms since 16th Century. While far from great it may be just good enough. Machining suppose to be excellent, fitting decent and accuracy outstanding for the price. These are also usually trouble free. Time will tell...

15. Nestor, I remember as a kid growing up in the 60's, when Japanese products started rolling into the country, and the quality, or should I say their lack thereof quickly became apparent, contributing heavily to such items like children's toys being unaffectionately described as "Japcrap" because the materials used and their construction methods to produce those toys were both of poor quality - and they just fell apart easily from simple use (MOMMY!!!! My new toy aweddy bwoke, WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!). Now look at where Japanes products are rated today. Nearly the same thing happened when the South Korean company Hyundai first entered the automotive field, yet look at where they are today, producing and successfully selling millions upon millions of popular, affordable, and reliable automobiles.

In similar fashion, firearms produced in Turkey that were first introduced here in the 'States, particularly shotguns, were considered and proven to be of poor quality, yet as time went by they too began tightening up on their quality control and choice of materials, and those changes for the better can be seen in today's offerings from Turkey.

If noone like yourself ever "took a chance" on a newer product from a once shunned manufacturer of anything, noone would ever find out for themselves whether or not they were missing out on a less expensive but completely viable alternative that could provide the same things as a more well known and higher priced option, though when pertaining to firearms, perhaps with less attention paid to polishing or there being some machine marks visible on areas that could only be seen during field stripping/inspection...meh...

Thanks for deciding to give one a try, and I'm looking forward to hearing your hands-on evaluation after sending some down the pipe :D

16. I've always had the impression that the Turkish shot guns were top notch! I have a canik shark(CZ 75 cloneish) and it's runs great! Haven't heard anything bad about the the Turkish HP made by the same company here....sounds like a good beater for yard work

17. My Winchester SXP is Turkish made and the quality is top notch.

18. I had a Tisas 1911 at one point. I didn't shoot it a lot before I traded/sold it off to buy something else, but it worked just fine. It was as accurate for me as I am with anything else.

The fact that I sold it had nothing to do with the gun. I'm always on the look for the "next one."

19. I really want one of the Tisas Hi-Power clones.

OP, that 1911 looks nice.

20. Nestor;

That looks like a nice 1911 option at an attractive price point.

Thanks for posting.

Sean

21. I'll be waiting for your range report, Nestor. tom. :cowboy:

22. I have a TISAS 1911, a model they call the "blackout" ( basically the same pistol, minus the lanyard loop and with a black finish and black grips) , bought as an impulse buy on sale . It's. A well made pistol, with very good fir and,finish, and it shoots very well.

23. I sure can remember Hyundai Pony. That was their first, somehow decent car. I think that those days, where the CNC machining is involved and the factory is up to ISO 9001 standard...the chances of getting a decent gun at lower price point are good. I guess, I'll find out soon. I'll be glad to post a detailed, long term review on this pistol in the near future. Thanks!

24. Hiya Tom. Yes, I'll take my time with this one and let You Guys know about my honest findings.

25. Yep, I've got one of the TISAS 1911s. Great deal for the money. Simple and reliable (with FMJ). Not a sophisticated beauty queen, but the girl next door who tries harder and is a good cook.

26. “Oh billy!!”

27. I've been looking for a 1911 to put in my fathers burial flag display case. He carried his 1911 for 30 yrs in the Army. His wife stole it along with everything else when he ended up in the hospital. Although it's not the Colt he carried, I think it will do in his display case with photos from his military service. I just might pick this up.

28. For sure

Good luck

29. With the exception of the pre-A1 hammer, it looks like the duty gun I carried as an MP.

30. ...and just like that, with this post...you made my day. It gives a new sense to this, whole topic immediately. Thanks!

31. A lot of Turkish shotguns. Weatherby sells one.

32. FN stopped the HP and my most recent was made in Belgium assembled in Portugal. Too bad they can't continue with them made in Turkey.

33. I gave up buying more guns...
    ok I'm done. I think I like this gun , but will ratter get a Beretta CX4 storm in .45 acp

34. I will never knowingly spend a penny on a Turkish product.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

35. I think it looks great.

36. Yeah, but I always need a nap afterwards. :rolleyes:

37. :animlol:

38. Fair enough. I used to own the firearms from Russia, China, Germany, Austria, Philippines, Italy, Poland, Brazil, USA, Czech Republic, Yugoslavia, Great Britain, Belgium/Portugal, Vietnam/Australia and Sweden. Turkish gun won't make much of an impact on my self esteem I guess.

39. So what are you going to do with this gun? Do you want it as a range gun, carry gun, collector gun or just because you have to have one?

40. I'm going to shoot that damn thing. Then clean it...and then shoot some more. Likely this cycle will repeat itself for a while. In the process I'm planning to share my impressions and experience with the rest of You Guys.

41. I've heard they are well worth the money. Thinking about one, or the Armscor. Because I have a lot of .45 ammo and brass left over since I sold my Colts. I know, dumbass. I also sold a Sig P220.

42. Wouldn't affect my self-esteem either. LOL

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

43. Now I know which pistol they were trying to duplicate with this configuration. I thought that the wide hammer is not proper on the WW2 guns. Only the lowered ejection port seems to be out of place as I'm looking at the pictures of 1942 GI 1911 now. Yet, I think it's not that big of a deal for the fun, cheap gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

44. I should see the pistol in couple of days. It's leaving the import company warehouse in Arizona and is on its way up North. In the meantime, here are some videos of the pistol in question: