Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a fan of this holster and the company for some time now. I believe they offer top notch products at very attractive price points. Its a small company with just a few designs but in those they have nailed it, in my opinion.

I'm 6'-2", 175 lbs, 33" waist, no American success reserve around the waist. Think Ichabod Crane with a gun ;) I carry appendix most of the time and require a holster that will facilitate a fairly active lifestyle both indoors and out.

This is not my first Skinny Rig but the others I purchased were for single stack pistols. I was interested in seeing how the design would work with a heavier and thicker G19. My usual favorite AIWB for this pistol has been a JMCK George holster with a foam wedge. It sets a high bar for the Skinny Rig to compete.

Couple o' overall pics:
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Revolver

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

I ordered the full sweat guard as I wear against bare skin often in the warm season. The holster has nice soft contours for comfort and the footprint is minimized wherever possible. Retention is excellent with a provision for adjustment. Ride height is adjustable with all the belt clip options. I prefer the soft loop. A synthetic clip is available as is a variable cant clip. An Ulticlip is also an option from Zorn.

Auto part

The muzzle is nicely wrapped and all edges of the holster are soft rounds and well buffed. Attention to detail is excellent. Construction is with .093 Kydex or Boltaron. Interior of the holster is nice and clean.

Gun Revolver Trigger

This pic shows the profile of the integral bulge molded into the body contact side. The intent is to tuck the uppermost part of the gun into the body. It works quite well and is not intrusive. This is a newer feature and is not present on my older versions of the Skinny Rig. Nice touch on an AIWB holster.

This pic shows the profile of the optional wing. Its intent is to tuck the grip into the body by virtue of leverage applied behind the gun belt. I like this small design better than the popular RCS claw used by many makers. The linear footprint is noticeably smaller inside the waistband yet it still works very well. The RCS claw also works well but the wider holster assembly is not as comfortable for me with the larger handguns. The small Zorn wing fits into my sweet spot and keeps things where they belong. The wing option is an additional $5.

Material property

The Skinny Rig ships with plenty of replacement hardware. I ordered the wing option and a synthetic clip to try as well as the soft loop and these came with the appropriate mounting hardware. The assortment of o-rings supplied is a nice touch and appreciated. The assembly instructions for the various clip and wing configurations are excellent. I will be taking mine back apart to trim the soft loop excess (I use 1.5" belts) and I'll then treat each fastener with my preferred Vibra-Tite thread lock.

Zorn offers an excellent limited lifetime warranty and they have a 45 day trial period. Any time I've had need to contact the company the response has been expeditious and helpful. The buyer receives a purchase confirmation, in-production notice, ship notice and a delivery confirmation. You'll not want for communication from this company. Lead times for their quick ship products vary. They are currently at 10 business days. They were at 5 days when I ordered this holster and that's exactly what I got. Zorn occasionally has a few holsters in stock ready to ship, most often for the G19, G43 and such.

The Skinny Rig sells for $49.99, the wing is an additional $5. The soft loop is an extra $5, the Ulticlip an extra $15. Either synthetic clip options are included in the $base price.

I have a few weeks with this G19 holster and I'm quite pleased. Its as comfortable as the JMCK George but tucks a little better. It also takes slightly less room inside the waistband - nice when I'm wearing multiple layers of winter clothing here in Wyoming. I've hiked, gone snowshoeing, driven distance, took in a movie and had a couple of dinners out. No worries at all.

If you're in the market for a holster I'd surely suggest taking a look at the Zorn Holster web site. Good folks with good products that don't require an extended wait and are reasonably priced.

My only association with the company is as a repeat customer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been a fan of this holster and the company for some time now. I believe they offer top notch products at very attractive price points. Its a small company with just a few designs but in those they have nailed it, in my opinion.

I'm 6'-2", 175 lbs, 33" waist, no American success reserve around the waist. Think Ichabod Crane with a gun ;) I carry appendix most of the time and require a holster that will facilitate a fairly active lifestyle both indoors and out.

This is not my first Skinny Rig but the others I purchased were for single stack pistols. I was interested in seeing how the design would work with a heavier and thicker G19. My usual favorite AIWB for this pistol has been a JMCK George holster with a foam wedge. It sets a high bar for the Skinny Rig to compete.

Couple o' overall pics:
View attachment 387509

View attachment 387510
I ordered the full sweat guard as I wear against bare skin often in the warm season. The holster has nice soft contours for comfort and the footprint is minimized wherever possible. Retention is excellent with a provision for adjustment. Ride height is adjustable with all the belt clip options. I prefer the soft loop. A synthetic clip is available as is a variable cant clip. An Ulticlip is also an option from Zorn.

View attachment 387511
The muzzle is nicely wrapped and all edges of the holster are soft rounds and well buffed. Attention to detail is excellent. Construction is with .093 Kydex or Boltaron. Interior of the holster is nice and clean.

View attachment 387513
This pic shows the profile of the integral bulge molded into the body contact side. The intent is to tuck the uppermost part of the gun into the body. It works quite well and is not intrusive. This is a newer feature and is not present on my older versions of the Skinny Rig. Nice touch on an AIWB holster.

View attachment 387514
This pic shows the profile of the optional wing. Its intent is to tuck the grip into the body by virtue of leverage applied behind the gun belt. I like this small design better than the popular RCS claw used by many makers. The linear footprint is noticeably smaller inside the waistband yet it still works very well. The RCS claw also works well but the wider holster assembly is not as comfortable for me with the larger handguns. The small Zorn wing fits into my sweet spot and keeps things where they belong. The wing option is an additional $5.

View attachment 387515
The Skinny Rig ships with plenty of replacement hardware. I ordered the wing option and a synthetic clip to try as well as the soft loop and these came with the appropriate mounting hardware. The assortment of o-rings supplied is a nice touch and appreciated. The assembly instructions for the various clip and wing configurations are excellent. I will be taking mine back apart to trim the soft loop excess (I use 1.5" belts) and I'll then treat each fastener with my preferred Vibra-Tite thread lock.

Zorn offers an excellent limited lifetime warranty and they have a 45 day trial period. Any time I've had need to contact the company the response has been expeditious and helpful. The buyer receives a purchase confirmation, in-production notice, ship notice and a delivery confirmation. You'll not want for communication from this company. Lead times for their quick ship products vary. They are currently at 10 business days. They were at 5 days when I ordered this holster and that's exactly what I got. Zorn occasionally has a few holsters in stock ready to ship, most often for the G19, G43 and such.

The Skinny Rig sells for $49.99, the wing is an additional $5. The soft loop is an extra $5, the Ulticlip an extra $15. Either synthetic clip options are included in the $base price.

I have a few weeks with this G19 holster and I'm quite pleased. Its as comfortable as the JMCK George but tucks a little better. It also takes slightly less room inside the waistband - nice when I'm wearing multiple layers of winter clothing here in Wyoming. I've hiked, gone snowshoeing, driven distance, took in a movie and had a couple of dinners out. No worries at all.

If you're in the market for a holster I'd surely suggest taking a look at the Zorn Holster web site. Good folks with good products that don't require an extended wait and are reasonably priced.

My only association with the company is as a repeat customer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been using a skinny rig with a g23 for over three years, added a wing a year ago. I would highly recommend a skinny rig it is both very comfortable and very concealable and very well finished holster at a great price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.