Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems to have become a common misconception that you can reload there.

You can not.

A safety zone is the only place (besides the firing line, at the Range Officer's command) that you can "check" or "handle your gun".

There is no ammo allowed!

The last match I called a RO's attention to someone loading twice.

In both cases they were at their first match and did not know. (at my first match I was offered a DQ for doing the same thing)

If you see it call it to a RO's attention.

Perhaps No Reloading Here could be added to the Safety Zone sign.

·
Bustin Caps
6,927 Posts
Yes, at my first match I overheard someone asking for the "Safety Zone" so they could reload. I had read the rules, and knew that was a no-no. I passed along what you said... Safety Zone is for handling guns (but no ammo), you can reload your magazines anywhere.

·
HOOYA DEEPSEA
4,285 Posts
Right from the rule book:

20.70 Safety Zones. Unloaded firearms may be handled in designated safety zones. ABSOLUTELY NO AMMUNITION IS TO BE HANDLED IN SAFETY ZONES. You may handle ammunition and load your magazines elsewhere on the range, but NOT in designated safety zones.

·
just me
8,198 Posts
And i did not see one safety zone in the <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->Anniston, AL match !!!!!!!!

·
HOOYA DEEPSEA
4,285 Posts
And i did not see one safety zone in the <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->Anniston, AL match !!!!!!!!

That may very well be true. I had to bring this to the attention of the Match Director for one other match as well. Scott and Chris sometimes (over worked & underpaid) miss the small details but will set it right if you point this out.

·
just me
8,198 Posts
it was the first shoot they have had so i'm sure they over look it or i did not see them !!!!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
it was the first shoot they have had so i'm sure they over look it or i did not see them !!!!
Saturday morning at Anniston was a cluster you know what.

During the night, a wind destroyed the three pop-up canopies erected over the Glock-M shooting positions.

Two others had to be moved over from one of the plate racks and a third erected to replace them.

Then a 10' x 20' "pipe" canopy had to be erected to replace the two moved off the plate rack.

THEN the RO paperwork, pass out RO shirts/hats, brief the ROs, staple up the targets, pass out equipment, etc., etc., etc. All the confusion that goes with a 1st time match.

1st shots did not go off until sometime after 10AM.

THEN the rain kept starting and stopping. They started off bagging the targets, then unbagged them for a while, and finally did a complete re-arrangement of the target stands to make them more rain-resistant without having to bag them.

:faint::faint::faint:

Not a criticism of either Glock or Moss Branch. The weather simply was not going to cooperate.

·
5,227 Posts
There was at least one "Safe Zone" near the Glock "M" that I saw. It was right next to the pile of rubble that used to be the Awnings. There was also one at the 5 to Glock back against the berm on the end near the wooden steps. So they had it covered.

Don

·
just me
8,198 Posts
Saturday morning at Anniston was a cluster you know what.

During the night, a wind destroyed the three pop-up canopies erected over the Glock-M shooting positions.

Two others had to be moved over from one of the plate racks and a third erected to replace them.

Then a 10' x 20' "pipe" canopy had to be erected to replace the two moved off the plate rack.

THEN the RO paperwork, pass out RO shirts/hats, brief the ROs, staple up the targets, pass out equipment, etc., etc., etc. All the confusion that goes with a 1st time match.

1st shots did not go off until sometime after 10AM.

THEN the rain kept starting and stopping. They started off bagging the targets, then unbagged them for a while, and finally did a complete re-arrangement of the target stands to make them more rain-resistant without having to bag them.

:faint::faint::faint:

Not a criticism of either Glock or Moss Branch. The weather simply was not going to cooperate.
how well do i know !!! I was there at the match !!! I had a good time rain or no rain and they put on a good match for the first time .....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts