The sad decline of America

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Ragnar, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar

Yet more evidence that we've slipped further into decline.

At the commissary today, I parked in the #1 spot. And when I come out and get in my truck, there is a spot open right next to me. 8 feet away.

Waiting for me to get in my truck and pull out is a lady in an SUV. Yes, she was waiting for a spot to open 8 feet away from one that was already open. And yes, she pulled into my spot when I left.

I really wanted to just sit in the truck for a minute and mess with her, but it wasn't worth the effort.

2. Vic777

Vic777

She may be just stupid. Obama did win the election after all. Or maybe she's too fat to put her vehicle in reverse, looking around problems due to obesity etc.

3. Jbar4Ranch

Jbar4Ranch B-Western Hero Millennium Member

Maybe she couldn't turn tight enough to pull into a space with a vehicle on each side, and was waiting for someone next to an empty space to leave.

4. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

5. raven11

raven11

was she the base commander's wife?

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

lol, I WISH that were the worst of our problems...

7. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Probably just can't drive for crap.

8. TuxthePenguin

TuxthePenguin

So somehow a lady waiting on a parking space is the "decline of America"? lol

9. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Same thing happened to me at a Walmart a couple years ago. A lady followed me to my parking spot and waited for me to leave even though the parking lot was wide open just 4 spaces further down the row.

But unlike you, I did sit there to see how long she would wait. I pretended I didn't notice her and started digging though my glove compartment, reading my receipt, talking on my phone, and just generally acting like I wasn't leaving anytime soon.

How long did she sit there? She sat there long enough that cars were getting backed up behind her and were starting to honk their horns. One driver even yelled out his window at her, but she wouldn't move. She wanted my spot and wasn't about to park 4 spaces further from the door.

It ended when the guy parked opposite me in the row got to his car and pulled out. So she took his spot.

There was more yelling out windows by other drivers as the backed up cars drove by her after she parked.

10. wilkersk

wilkersk

Most commisaries I've been to, the #1 spot is for O-5 and above. Parking there is a status symbol.

Before I retired, they even had to have designated spots for chief petty officers (E7). I used to park at the far end of the lot and walk. It seemed silly to drive around looking for that designated spot to park in, especially when I knew that some E3's pregnant wife was pushing her cart full of groceries all the way across the lot.

I did appreciate "head-of-the-line" priveleges for active duty in uniform though.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  11. Ragnar

Ragnar

For those of you trying to excuse her poor behavior:

1) spot was NOT labelled/marked at all.
    2) she was NOT handicapped (no sticker).
    3) she parked perfectly fine when she pulled in.

12. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

It may not be a sign of the decline of this country but it is a sign of further worsening laziness. I park as far away from other cars as possible so I can reduce the chance of getting my vehicle dinged up. Careless people who smack their doors into other peoples cars is what upsets me.

13. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

To me, that doesn't indicate the decline of America....as much as it points to the decline of some people in America.

I've tried to learn, I am not responsible for other's actions....nor do I act as everyone else does. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. Sometimes that's easy to see in the actions of others, and often it has to been seen through one's own sense of right and wrong.

When some people are just plan old wrong....it doesn't apply to me or my Country....but just them.

I believe America will be here forever, but who will occupy it is another story.