The Ruger SR22 & Dead Air Mask HD...

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by DrewBone, Aug 3, 2020.

1. DrewBone

DrewBone

That's some pretty dirty ammo, LOL.

2. Uncle Mark

Uncle Mark Bitter American

I just bought a Silencerco Sparrow last month. It's at my dealer now and the tax stamp has been cashed. It was so easy doing it at a Silencer Shop kiosk at the dealer. All of the info is entered thru an app and fingerprints are digitally scanned. Only other thing to do was to submit a pic of my mug via my phone. I would have done it sooner had I known how easy it was since some prices have come down quite a bit.

DAW9347 likes this.

3. arndog123

arndog123

Ya, let us know what ammo so I can tell myself to never use it. LOL.

SilencerShop definitely makes it simple to buy suppressor’s. Just ordered a YHM R9 this morning and did everything on my phone including signing the forms.

Uncle Mark and DAW9347 like this.
  4. DrewBone

DrewBone

I'd heard good things about the Sparrow and my dealer had one in stock, but I decided on the Mask. I hope you enjoy the Sparrow :)

Uncle Mark likes this.
  5. DAW9347

DAW9347 Patron Life NRA Member

I hear and read nothing but GOOD concerning the "Sparrow". If/when I do get another, it will be that one. Being an LLC and buying under that designation, no prints or picture needed and anyone included in that designation can then sell the NFA stuff the business owns.

Uncle Mark likes this.
  6. DrewBone

DrewBone

Fingerprint cards and passport photos are required for each member of the trust at the time of the trust's creation or additions thereto, and this method of NFA "group" ownership has both advantages and disadvantages depending on how each and every member of said trust "gets along".

7. ronin.45

ronin.45

Just tell us the method. Is it something new or proprietary? Who will get mad about your cleaning method?

8. DAW9347

I didn't mention anything about using a "trust". Go back and read what I posted again. :honkie:

9. ronin.45

ronin.45

Everything he posted is also true for an LLC so quit being so pedantic.
    I'm still waiting to hear about your cleaning method. I've got lots of dirty cans to use it on.

10. DAW9347

I mainly shoot CCI Quiet 710 FPS with it mounted on my Ruger Mark III 22/45. I don't keep track of the round count, I'm not that "anal":
    [​IMG]

11. DAW9347

You don't know squat. I didn't need to do any fingerprints or photos when I got my suppressor, which was around five years, or so ago. SGW LLC owns the suppressor and it says that on the stamp. There, you've been schooled!

You seem like the kind of person that should do the suppressor cleaning the way you've always done it. :fist:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  12. ronin.45

ronin.45

Maybe you need to "school" yourself on current regulations. What happened five years ago means nothing today.

13. ronin.45

ronin.45

After zooming in on your gun, I don't think you should be giving advice on suppressors at all. You bought a ridiculously outdated suppressor 5 years ago.

14. jmohme

jmohme

I want to jump in and do this too, but am going to wait until after the November.
    I hope nothing happens in the election to change my mind, but I would rather wait to put money into it until after I know we elected the wrong person.

DAW9347 likes this.
  15. DAW9347

Your comprehension skills are SORELY lacking. Show me where I was giving ADVICE on suppressors. I have a method to get them really, really clean, and that's all I've offered. So quit begging for that information, you act too nasty to get it. :panties:

16. DrewBone

DrewBone

I wouldn't worry too much about it j. Historically speaking, NFA items haven't been considered for the chopping block because the background checks and paperwork are more thorough - and gov.org likes collecting the $200 transfer tax ;)

ronin.45 likes this.
  17. Uncle Mark

Uncle Mark Bitter American

I thought about that also but decided to go ahead and buy a suppressor anyways. In the past, NFA items seem to have been grandfathered in if the paperwork and tax money had been submitted before changes.

DAW9347 likes this.
  18. DAW9347

Finally! A good and sensible post to read. I don't fear anything that may come about in November, my fears lie more with the lazy bass turds (that's fish poop if you live in Ohio) who will not get out of their recliners to vote on November 3rd. And then, there are those who don't support ANY of the groups that fight for our Second Amendment rights, with the lame excuse, "Oh, but I'm on a fixed income and need to get food out of dumpsters".

Uncle Mark likes this.
  19. DrewBone

DrewBone

As I mentioned above, the transfer(s) of NFA devices have not been effected by political climate or changes for the reasons stated.

Uncle Mark likes this.