close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The right call...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by K00R, Aug 18, 2012.

1. K00R

K00R

So, after leaving a client's home for the night and having two of my partners take over (I work in VIP Protection/Bodyguard) the wife had asked me to hit price chopper for a few things on my way home last night. I pull into the lot. I sit there for a brief moment to collect myself before entering the store (I had a stressful last few days) when three bicycles roll up, one in back one on the passenger side and one on the driver (there was another vehicle parked in front of me) Now this is about as farfetched as attacks may sound... I quickly assess what the hell is going on, in rear view is an African American young male Baggy clothes, red jersey, black jeans, to the passenger side a young female, white, wearing tight capri's and a purple shirt that was well, really inappropriate for her age... And to my left a young white male wearing khaki cargo's a black t shirt and a black baseball cap, whom immediately brandishes a knife. Before I continue they all looked about the age of 15 years old, if this were adults... My actions may have differed. May have... As these things are extremely circumstantial. The white male had a very serious stern look on his face and had starting to talk like make demands of my wallet or something or another, he never got the chance. I catapulted the kid off his bike by kicking my car door open. I bailed out, (I admit, I had my weapon exposed at this point and hand wrapped around but did not draw...) kicked the knife into the near by sewer drain. The other two took off immediately. And the kid I blasted with the car door took a little bit and grabbed his bike and took off as well.

Aside from being shocked at the potential actions of some stupid kids, I'm no worse for wear aside from the nice dent in my driver's side door. The kid I hit with the door had some road burn but nothing else as far as I can tell before he took off. I admittedly did neglect to notify police, I'm more surprised at what the world is coming to when I almost get attacked by 15 year old kids going to price chopper at 3am. I'm thinking it wasn't very well thought out and likely there first attempt at any such action considering how easily thwarted and scared off they were. The other two appeared unarmed, or at least I never saw anything and had no intention of employing my weapon against kids... (at least in this set of circumstances... Had they guns or the other two had edged or blunt weapons and charged me things may have gone differently) the last 9 years of my life in 3 different career fields carrying weapons, training in their use and deployment of arms is what placed my hand on my weapon last night, muscle memory.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

4. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

I feel bad for your drivers side door. Glad you got out unscalthed, but I think you should have reported it, these kids will try this again.

5. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

The most common grocery store chain in Missouri.
    The others are HiVee and Hen House.

no Safeway, King Soopers, nor Kroger here.

Not commenting on the veracity of the OP, just clarifying.

6. K00R

K00R

Some Price Choppers are open 24/7 now. At least in my area. Stupid kids are stupid kids...

7. K00R

K00R

I guess my optimistic side was hoping they got enough of a scare. I could still go down today and report it, and I just might.

8. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Report it. Maybe Price Chopper has cameras on their lot. If you wait too long, it'll be erased or something equally useless.

Mrs.Cicero

9. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

Whilst walking along a sidewalk in the town I lived, I was approached by three teen-drens on bikes and asked for money. When I told them to buzz off they said they had a weapon. I said "So do I, and a badge. Let's head down to the station, shall we?"

10. K00R

K00R

Is teen crime really on an uprise? I've heard of gang related problems in schools over the past few years. I didn't think I'd be getting jumped or getting the "shake down" in a parking lot by kids though.

11. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I do admit its nice when at least the state is in profile. I never heard about "price chopper" either. Was wondering what country it was. :)

As you were in car (with I assume doors locked) maybe even keys in ignition... A knife (in hands of anyone young/old) even if you are Chuch/Bruce. Is a threat. Car doors/windows allow a temp barrier. Start motor/blow horn (if you care) and drive. Do NOT attempt to hit anyone, if they get in way....

I got home from work one night. One of my house mates was in a little trouble. Seems he had a hot date/got back late. He was just sitting in his car listening to end of a talk radio show. Sees group of teens checking cars. So he decided to wait quiet with door unlocked and scare them.
    Well they didn't take it well. He was 6' 2" and 250 easy. Guy worked out all the time. The "kids" were running around his red comero keying paint as other got any weapons they could. Rain gutters, sticks from yards, stones,rocks... and attacked him. I came home to this. Well two adults (one in uniform) and they run. I was amazed (really shouldn't have been) that kids this young would attack.
    Its like the old joke about getting in a fight with a midget when you are 6'+ 250+ and in great shape. If you win folks are ticked at you. If you lose folks laugh. YOU CAN'T WIN if you participate.

12. K00R

K00R

My window was down, and I knew ramming the kid behind was less than ideal so the thought never came to mind. Whether or not they knew placing someone behind me was a good idea I can't say for sure. I share a similar build to your buddy. I'm 6ft 4in and 235lbs, a desert eagle is considered a sub compact in ratio to my big ***.

This is the most "excitement" I've had in the field and this was off duty. Working in personal protection is more about looking like you know how to handle yourself then actually handling yourself. Basically for the most part the job is about looking like a hard target so you're an active deterrent, and having good security. Got both of those going on and the chances of anything happening is almost non existent.

13. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

My event was more than 15 years ago !!! It's worse now, especially in schools. The MEllenials have been conditioned to believe it's all about them, no matter the level of antisocial cretinism displayed.

14. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

It is here. The closest medium city has been suffering from an ever increasing number of incidents of groups of teens robbing people in the streets. It was mostly at night/early am but has now progressed to happening in broad daylight in the business and restaurant district during the work week.

The word brazen doesn't even do it justice. Typical MO from the reports I've read are 3-6 "youths" with 1-2 armed. Sometimes it's just a BB gun but often a real firearm. They seem to also like to shoot the victim in the leg for kicks even if they give up their valuables.

But it's summer so when school starts most of the little darlings will be off the streets from 8-3. It always makes me shake my head when the news of the arrest says the kid was 14 and arrested at 4 am.

Oh and their new trick is home invasion robberies. They just swarm a residence specifically when the occupants are home it would seem. This is all in addition to the usual flash mob robberies of stores and groups of youths that go out and beat on the homeless and random unlucky pedestrians for fun.

Pretty sad.

15. K00R

K00R

Great so now when my little lady goes out by her lonesome I not only will have rape, abduction, murder, or robbery on my mind but a bunch of babies getting "ghetto" on her.

EDIT: What the hell is wrong with kids these days? The worst they did when I was in school in a vast majority was beat on the "nerds" and "unpopular" kids. I would know, I was immediately labeled unpopular when it was discovered my dad and my uncle (his brother) were both cops. I could care less about being popular, just saying.

Home invasion? Not so worried... I wake up if someone drops a pin out in my back yard. Well that and my home security system, if they're smart enough to disable it they'll be extremely displeased with my impending welcome. And if it's during the day, not only do I carry around my home all day there are various firearms hidden throughout the home.

16. Jeffe

Jeffe

Did you tell the kids to 'Read these Nikes!'?

17. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

2bb is back, Im so HAPPY!!

18. K00R

K00R

That made me laugh.

Not sure what you mean here.

19. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Yep. My home system is designed to make entry difficult and provide me as much warning time as possible. If someone wants in bad enough they'll get in. But if they insist on forcing they'll find the reception very unpleasant.

Two summers ago it wasn't really like this but it's been amping up steadily the last couple years. Couple that with the city being underwater financially and the PD underfunded and undermanned they just don't have the guys on the street to keep up. They advised all good citizens to avoid walking alone, avoid darkened areas. Which is a little funny considering public works can't afford to fix the street lights and has been taking donations from the public to try to get that back on track. But their hands are tied with the resources they have.

The punks know it and take advantage of the situation and hunt in packs. So far not too many fatalities. Mostly thug on thug fatal shootings. Keeping it real.

20. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

WoW, close call. This episode is why I don't go shopping at 3AM. Too risky!