The Retiree and The New Recruit

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pdog1517, Feb 20, 2010.

1. pdog1517

pdog1517

Long story short. After carrying my beloved G19 for a while, I've attained a G26. I have 100.00 burning a hole in my pocket and need nite sites. Preferences? I've also witnessed the recoil guide rod snap its' retainer at the muzzle end on a friends G26 while at the range. Preffered method for circumventing this before it renders my CCW piece inoperable? Any other "must have" widgets for my CCW G26? I have several holsters and a quality belt, so that is a non-issue.

The vet
    [​IMG]

The FNG
    [​IMG]

2. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

This new to me.

Ping for later.

3. Conrad559

Conrad559

i have trijicon night sites on my G19 and meprolites on my G22 and the meprolites are brighter hands down. Glockmeister.com sells 'em for a decent price. Congrats on the 26 :)

why did you switch from a 19 to a 26 by the way?

4. farley45

farley45

Congrats man, looking good.

Just remember that just because you got a new one, you can't retire the old one. You may want to carry a different gun from time to time.

5. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

trijicon night sites and a laser max guide rod laser

Congrats

6. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Meps or TruGlo TFOs

7. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

This. I have Meps on all of my Glocks and I love them. Very bright at night, perfect 3 dot picture by day. Less expensive than Trijicon as well.

8. pdog1517

pdog1517

While I do prefer the the grip frame of the G19 vs the shorter G26, it comes down to weight and comfort. I also have a 2 year old who requires that I bend down in public to pick him up, tie his shoes, etc and I "feel" exposed. Might be all in my head, but it is what's in my that counts. I will miss carrying the 19 full time as the Gen 2/1 frame ,minus groves and ever so slightly thinner, is my favorite.

9. pdog1517

pdog1517

I have Mepros on my 19.

10. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Any good NS. I use Meprolight's, Trijicon's and Truglo TFO's. They all work and work well. Go with what suits you.

11. pangloss9

pangloss9

I suggest Warren Tactical Rear sights with a single tritium lamp below the notch and a Heinie front sight with a single tritium lamp. That'll run you a little more than $100 though.

12. pdog1517

pdog1517

Has anyone else seen or heard of the guide rod problem? Older guy I work with as an RSO at our local range came up to me holding his disassembled G26. Guide rod was missing the plastic cap that captures the spring and resides in the muzzle end hole. I don't have a great amount of detail as I recommend sending it to Glock or buying some sort of aftermarket metal replacement. I was just inquiring to see if this was common, an old problem that's been adressed by Glock, or just a freak occurrence caused by him somehow misinstalling the rod/spring assembly.

13. pdog1517

pdog1517

Different than Heine straight 8s ?

14. Mastifflover

Mastifflover

Check out Ameriglo for night sights. I just put Ameriglo Pro Operators on my G26 and really like them. Green dot in front and yellow dots in the back. The operator pro's don't have the white circles around the tritium inserts on the rear sight so it makes you concentrate on the front sight and the sight picture doesn't look so busy.

15. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

Ameriglo is really the only options when it comes to night sights. They have many options and combos. Check them out!

16. pangloss9

pangloss9

The set up I mentioned is very similar to the Heinie straight 8s. The Warrens don't have a serrated rear sight, but, if I remember correctly the Heinies do. When I was picking out sights last December, I almost went completely with the Heinies. Their front sights are serrated, but the tritiated Warrens are not, thus the Heinie up front. In any case, the view of the tritium would definitely be the same between the two set ups.

17. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

18. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

A hundred bucks? That will pay for your slide's round-trip back to Glock for a set of Glock-brand night sights. They have Meprolight tubes, and are very corrosion resistant. Years back, they had issues, but their current product is great.

19. Spike32

Spike32

Ameriglo Operators on my G33. Bright and very effective. Never had an issue with the stock recoil spring and it has a couple of thousand thru the pipe.

20. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

far as the sights go, I like trijcon's; figure it is what our local Police wear, so good enough for me. Now the guide rod. I broke one on a glock 32 before and the weapon never skipped a beat. I like stock when it comes to this..they are only a few dollars a piece, get a couple if need be.