close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The religious factor in this election.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by frank4570, Oct 11, 2012.

1. frank4570

frank4570

It really is kind of interesting listening to the religious people in my area. The more hard core christians won't vote for romney because they consider a mormon to not be a christian. The less hard core types are kind of torn between voting for a devout mormon, or a christian-in-name-only.
    I'm not christian so I'm not in this discussion.

Is it just me or are most people treating this election as a bigger deal than past election?

2. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

I sincerely hope people are treating this election as a bigger deal than most...but I've yet to hear anyone mention religion being an issue. It's more a Marxist versus a non-Marxist...even if the non-Marxist happens to be a Mormon.

3. JBnTX

JBnTX

Most people don't care that Romney's a Mormon and they don't buy into the "real Christian" argument.

Economics is what's driving this election, not religion.

4. JFrame

JFrame

The sense I'm getting is that most people aren't even aware of his religion, and if they are, they could give a flying frak.

5. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

I know...the religion "issue" is just more of the Marxists throwing mud at the wall. They're hoping desperately that something will stick and people will start thinking about what Romney might do...and quit paying attention to what Hussein is doing. I doubt the OP even knows anyone who goes to church. :rofl:

6. frank4570

frank4570

I was in church, and at a church based dinner for these conversations.

7. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Yeah, I know...and this is the internet.

8. Brucev

Brucev

Christians do not live in a vacuum. In politics, believers must like everyone else make choices few of which are absolutely preferred. In Nov. Christians must choose between two candidates, one of whom is less than one would hope for, the other of which is fatally flawed. Neither can be said to resonate with the ideals of Christian faith. But, those are the only choices anyone has, Christians and non-Christians. Everyone will have to make the best decision they can.

As to Romney's personal religious faith, he has not made it an issue. Not surprisingly those who opposed his candidacy have sought to make it problematic. Few have taken such concerns seriously. The squatter have stated that he is a professing Christian. He statements are no where near as convincing as those made by President Carter, "I am a born again Christian." His failures in office and not his less than convincing faith are the great and abiding hindrance to his re-election. That's the way it should be.

9. MAC702

MAC702 Senior Member

If a non-controversial Christian were his opponent, it would be talked about daily.

But no one wants to talk about Obama's religion, either...

10. Guss

Guss

Quite a few religions teach their children that this is a cult to be avoided. If they turn around and give it an air of respectability by voting for Romney, it looks like they've sold their soul to the Devil.

11. rtl

rtl Robby The Guy Millennium Member

i'm hardcore 'religious', AND i think mormonism is a cult......and i will be voting romney. it couldn't be less of an issue to me or anyone i know

12. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Not sure that these "quite a few religions" exist anywhere but in that hive mind that you share with other Hussein supporters. Seems to me that Hussein's "G-d Damn America" and "Behead those who insult Islam" religion has cornered the market on hatred and political intolerance.

Or...am I only supposed to talk about Romney's religion? :whistling:

13. JBnTX

JBnTX

Quite a few "Christians" teach their children that Mormonism is a cult to be avoided. The other religions, except for Judaism and Islam, are in fact cults themselves.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

It's just you. It's like this every 4 years.

15. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

It's just you.

16. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

And, just when you think anti-Romney posts can't get any stupider. :supergrin:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  17. JFrame

JFrame

Yeah -- I love sweeping generalities with no substance... Especially quantitative BS like "quite a few..." :upeyes:

18. countrygun

countrygun

It just isn't an issue in our community. Very few "liberal" churchgoers here all pretty much conservatives in that crowd and I have yet to meet one that was unsure, at all, that Romney wasn't their choice simply based of the fact that Obama is a failure and they don't trust him. Most of them are smart enough to realize it's pretty foolish to expect a POTUS to be exactly of their denomination, or even faith as big as this Country is.

19. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

From a religious standpoint? No

Do a search in the GTPI section back in 2008 and you'll see that most of the right-wing regulars claimed to be "Evangalical Christians" and now in 2012 they NEVER mention it.

I guess they lost Jesus somewhere along the way. :dunno:

20. mortpes

mortpes

The issue among the religious is the fact that the Democratic convention was so anti religious.