Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
201 - 220 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
31,763 Posts
These new laws shouldn't take too long to implode.
Long before that happens there's going to be blame flying hither and yon ... and criminals getting away with increasingly more crimes, hither and yon. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Long before that happens there's going to be blame flying hither and yon ... and criminals getting away with increasingly more crimes, hither and yon.
It's already started on both counts. The guy who wrote it is already on the news lying about it. Saying it doesn't say what it does and it was not intended to do what it is doing. But he is a black BLM supporter and it's exactly what he wanted. He is just too stupid to have seen the problems coming. And if you watch him talk he is very stupid. Moron level stupid.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
How about this Seattle mayoral candidate response:

Reactions: Duramaxsky

·
NRA Life Member
1,139 Posts
I see what was reported that she said........don't have a clue as to exactly what she meant.

I think she meant the we're all going to work together to get these nasty guns to stop killing people.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
2 of the 3 candidates for city attorney want to defund the police and not prosecute most crimes. On of them is the incumbent. I hope they split the hard left vote so the other one gets though the primary Tuesday. The other one wants to go after crime. If she gets on the November ballot as things get bad she may win. Of course they will steal it from her that's how it works here.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·

Police say they weren't able to stop the suspect sooner because of the new police reform laws now in effect.

·
Registered
31,763 Posts
Where the hell were all the mental health responders, social workers and other non-police community resources during all this?? :rolleyes:

Reactions: CAcop

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
Where the hell were all the mental health responders, social workers and other non-police community resources during all this?? :rolleyes:
As we have discovered in my county. They will only respond during banking hours and usually have an ETA of more than 2 hours.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·

Rep. Johnson is a liar and an idiot. He kept demanding agencies follow the intent of the laws, not the actual letter of the law. The governor won't create a special session so it will continue to get worse.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

Rep. Johnson is a liar and an idiot. He kept demanding agencies follow the intent of the laws, not the actual letter of the law. The governor won't create a special session so it will continue to get worse.
Wait!! So y’all are supposed to read their minds and figure out what they “meant”, not “what the law says”? That is freaking awesome. Sounds like the early stages of damage control to me.

Stay safe in that crazy world brother.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts

Meanwhile if we follow their "intent" we will end up being prosecuted by some activist attorney

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Meanwhile if we follow their "intent" we will end up being prosecuted by some activist attorney
Don't forget if you somehow survive the criminal prosecution, and any administrative action by your employing agency the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission will decertify you.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
From the article:
“I think if you actually look at the substance of what we passed, particularly in this bill, I don’t think that it’s something that in working through the interpretation it is going to and should end up with police departments de-policing,”

Uhhhhmmm. I mean. Like…that is to say…what, now? Given the apparent language skills of those who drafted the legislation it’s small wonder nobody can make heads or tails of it.

If I’m ever asked I’ll have to admit confirming thereby denying I ever typed the above.

·
NRA Life Member
1,139 Posts
Is this what Orwell meant by "newspeak"??

From the article:
“I think if you actually look at the substance of what we passed, particularly in this bill, I don’t think that it’s something that in working through the interpretation it is going to and should end up with police departments de-policing,”

·
Registered
31,763 Posts
From the article:

Uhhhhmmm. I mean. Like…that is to say…what, now? Given the apparent language skills of those who drafted the legislation it’s small wonder nobody can make heads or tails of it.

If I’m ever asked I’ll have to admit confirming thereby denying I ever typed the above.
Legislator babble can make for unclear and badly worded laws. Words mean things. Sometimes not what the people who use them realize. When in doubt, follow the words to the letter.

Better to follow the letter of the law and avoid being sued or prosecuted. After all, doesn't the legislature and the activists want the police to be the Guardians of the rights of the People and the Laws? Alrighty then, follow the law to the letter. Anticipate how the courts will read the law, and avoid acting in a contrary manner? Isn't this where the DA's, city & county counsels and state AG are supposed to be involved?

It will be interesting to see if the AG offers advice to LE that veers from the way the law was actually written.

What a mess.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
Legislator babble can make for unclear and badly worded laws. Words mean things. Sometimes not what the people who use them realize. When in doubt, follow the words to the letter.

Better to follow the letter of the law and avoid being sued or prosecuted. After all, doesn't the legislature and the activists want the police to be the Guardians of the rights of the People and the Laws? Alrighty then, follow the law to the letter. Anticipate how the courts will read the law, and avoid acting in a contrary manner? Isn't this where the DA's, city & county counsels and state AG are supposed to be involved?

It will be interesting to see if the AG offers advice to LE that veers from the way the law was actually written.

What a mess.
I think it is also why the AG has so far refused to give a written opinion. It's his way of straddling the fence

·
Registered
31,763 Posts
I think it is also why the AG has so far refused to give a written opinion. It's his way of straddling the fence
Who knows? Might it mean the AG has read and interpreted the law the same way as the Sheriffs, Chiefs and State Police are reading it, but doesn't want to run afoul, politically, of the state's political power structure?

If it's that simple to read, understand and follow, then the AG ought to give such a simple opinion to everyone, right?:p

Has the state legislature offered to release the legislative analysis done by the legislature's attorney(s) who research the text of proposed bills to mitigate such problems?

·
Registered
31,763 Posts
Is your AG elected or appointed in Washington?

General Ferguson’s ongoing priorities are: ...
  • Keeping communities safer by supporting law enforcement; ...

201 - 220 of 319 Posts