Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Silly
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too many people...

With medicine advancing faster than the mutations of viruses and bacteria Mother nature just can't keep up with us anymore. I won't even go into some peoples perceived benefits from have a litter (welfare, EIC, etc.. thats another discussion).

I wonder what will cause the next cleansing? A new plague? Nuclear devastation? volcanos and earthquakes? Soylent Green?

Something has to give sooner or later...and it will, I just spend a lot of time wondering what it will be.

·
9,373 Posts
Considering that the most overpopulated countries are third world or very under-developed, I think your point about medicine is incorrect.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Are you suggesting we put in charge of population control?

I also don't agree that "too many people" is the root cause of the bulk of the worlds problems.

·
Slacked jawed
11,211 Posts
Its already in the works, the world governments are going to reduce the world population back down to the 3 billion mark.

I got my letter in the mail two weeks ago. You should read your letter again, its all spelled out for you. The first wave of cleansing starts....

Ohh wait you didn't get the letter...

Nevermind.

·
Registered
99 Posts
With the greatest respect, you might want to do some better research if you really believe we are way far ahead of communicable diseases. Smallpox, sure. But XDR-TB, the clap, even basic MRSA is already on our last-line of defensive anti-biotics. Recent report even documented totally drug-resistant malaria in SE Asia.

In other words, we in BIG trouble on the resistance front.

Over-population is irrelevant. We can support a lot more than we already do with no probs, as long as we maintain some social sanity.

My personal opinion? The feminization of cultures is what is guaran-damned-teed to destroy civilization as we know it. Hell, the Feminists/Communists (Engels and Lenin both admitted that you CANNOT have one without the other) openly state that patriarchy = civilization, and therefore their aim is to destroy civilization, a.k.a. manhood.

Look up the studies of John Calhoun. His sociology studies have indicated we are following an easily pre-ordained path, and that soon there may be a population collapse. Homosexuality, deviancy in parenthood (filicide, etc), murder, etc grow.

The real reason for the bulk of the world's problems? Unlimited female "emancipation". Haiti, sub-Saharan Africa, and growing parts of the West show what happens when women run society. The Middle East shows what happens when men dominate a man vs. woman war.

The US and the UK at one time showed the world what it looked like when the two genders worked together.

·
Herr Trigger
1,261 Posts
Too many people...

With medicine advancing faster than the mutations of viruses and bacteria Mother nature just can't keep up with us anymore. I won't even go into some peoples perceived benefits from have a litter (welfare, EIC, etc.. thats another discussion).

I wonder what will cause the next cleansing? A new plague? Nuclear devastation? volcanos and earthquakes? Soylent Green?

Something has to give sooner or later...and it will, I just spend a lot of time wondering what it will be.
It won't matter, just like all the global warming/climate change hype. When the earth gets tired of us it will correct our behavior or eliminate us all together and start anew...

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Too many people...

Not so fast Sport. Mother Nature can and will kick our ass any time she feels like it.

·
Got ointment?
4,284 Posts
The real reason for the bulk of our problems, unfortunately, is not too many people.

Rather, the real reason is TOO MANY LAWYERS.

·
Smartass Pilot
20,786 Posts
It has been the Green Revolution (advancements in agriculture) that have really allowed the population to explode the last 70 years or so. Unfortunately for many, that just means you get to continue to live in miserable conditions.

·
Silly
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I broke stride with the reference to Mo nature, yes any crazy thing can happen. I guess my real question is: when the reset button is hit - will it be by our own doing or something beyond our control.

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts
Actually, it is the ever increasing influx of people that keeps the whole house of cards standing.

We have not even started to become efficient as a species. It is our ravenous consumption and population growth that gives all those people a place to fit in.

If we were efficient, at present consumption we could support multiples of our current population. The problem with that is we are not set up to be efficient and we are also not designed to be efficent. Efficiency in a human system requires a whole lot of "from each according to his means to each according to his need" (and we know that doesnt work in a pure sense)

·
Herr Trigger
1,261 Posts
I broke stride with the reference to Mo nature, yes any crazy thing can happen. I guess my real question is: when the reset button is hit - will it be by our own doing or something beyond our control.
Beyond our control. Diseases are something we can manage and to some extent control or eradicate. However, an ice age brought on by whatever event you wish to imagine, would be severly debilitating to us modern humans. Think about how hard it would be to find food. Then factor in diseases and dwindling population and we would have a severely hard time recovering from something like that...

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
greed...

there's more than enough of everything to take care of everyone. What if corporations formed a collective arrangement whereby they voluntarily gave 10% of their profits to the less fortunate. Welfare, medicaid, homelessness, etc would all be things of the past. If that happened, then the ability to justify the exorbitant taxation we suffer for the sake social programs would also go by the wayside.

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts
greed...

there's more than enough of everything to take care of everyone. What if corporations formed a collective arrangement whereby they voluntarily gave 10% of their profits to the less fortunate. Welfare, medicaid, homelessness, etc would all be things of the past. If that happened, then the ability to justify the exorbitant taxation we suffer for the sake social programs would also go by the wayside.
There is some pretty good math that says that would not work at all.

Things are not bad, they are good. They are good because a rising tide does indeed lift all boats and I can prove it.

From much of human history the fight (outside of war) has been Management vs. Labor. (some variation of those in charge vs those who do all the work) That is a reasonable fight.

The fight now in most first world nations is the "I dont want to work" vs "those that work"

Think about that and the fact that no one is hungry in first world nations. You cant rob a man that has nothing. The working classes now have so much that an ever growing group of people are seeing (and being taught) there is so much that you dont even need to try anymore.

Most people are simply dumb enough to kill the proverbial goose that laid golden eggs to get just one egg. I have no faith in or obligation to a man who wont, I dont care what his reasons are. You can not raise the bottom by chopping off the top.

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts
Interesting thoughts Rabbi. I'm not a religious man but I consider everything and sometimes the most profound epiphanies come from the places we least expect.
"Religion" motivates man to do many things but it doesnt often make things better.

For whatever reason, the system is set up or was set up for us to figure it out ourselves. Prayer may make you feel better. It might even be the right thing to do but at some point, the only thing that tends to change things is our action.

·
Got ointment?
4,284 Posts
Lack of food is the main reason. This planet still has plenty of room.
There are more square feet in Rhode Island than there are people on this planet.

I seriously doubt that we are making as much difference as the more arrogant among us would have you believe.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts