close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Quadruple DUH! during an Elk hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by MrMurphy, Jul 14, 2004.

1. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Was flipping channels and saw a hunting show. Guys up north, hunting Elk. They saw 17 LARGE Elk before the one they wanted/close-enough/clear shot etc. all lined up. Guy's sitting, had a muzzleloader, looked like a Knight or something (one of the bolt guns that's really a muzzeloader).

He sights, squeezes... nothing. Changes the cap. Does it again. And again. And AGAIN! All on video as the elk just stands there eating about 70 yards off. Turns out after swapping three caps, his safety had been half on. Loud boom, elk drops, successful hunt resolution.

Point made: CHECK YOUR SAFETY, you IDIOT! ;f

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

He'd have been a hungry hunter under normal circumstances.
    4 attempts at 70 yards, while the critter munched away? Lucky guy...

3. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

I did the same thing when I took my first duck. Took me a bit to figure out what was going on. Luckily that old drake mallard sat on the pond long enough for me. I was 12 years old. What's his excuse? ;f

4. Roger C

Roger C

Doh! I think I would be asking the editor to help me out during post-production...... ;)

5. lomfs24

lomfs24

OK, the video wasn't all that funny but the circumstances around my seeing it make me laugh everytime I think about it.
    I was in my local Wal Mart watching a turkey hunting video. The hunters had been working a couple of bird for some time. They were closing in for the kill. The movie goes silent, a lady steps around the corner of the isle in Wal Mart and glances up and sees a zoomed in picture of a turkey tom in full strut. She says, "Aren't those beutiful bird?" Followed by "BOOM"... and feathers flying. She got this scruntched up disgusted look on her face and wheels around and stomps off.

I don't think I have seen another hunting video ever again in my local Wal Mart.

6. Tvov

Tvov

LOL!