close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I wish I lived in your world. It sounds pretty nice.

First you state that 'reports are all over the web' indicating that the Biden recommendations will be limited to...

Then when you get presented with reports all over the web that contradict your assertion, you state that they are false...or 'carrying the water' for a failed attempt by the administration.

I reckon we'll see on Tuesday, but I do hope you're right and I'm wrong in our respective predictions.

2. skorper

skorper harborrat

If they get the background check for all private sales of used guns then you would have to go to a FFL dealer and get the transfer done. There would then be a record of the sale, with the FFL.

3. Cclass

Cclass CLM

I don't see the compromise. If we don't get an AWB or neutered mags it's not because they are compromising, it's because they don't have the votes to get it done. We need to make sure all politicians know the 2A is still a political 3rd rail.

4. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Just like slicing a salami.....one piece at a time.

5. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

I will be getting my income tax return soon and I have close to a G right now play money so if this is true I am going to clean house on the PA Forum when everybody tries to unload those 10 lowers they bought:supergrin: I am looking at building 2 AR's at crackhead prices:wavey:

6. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

I sure hope you're right.

I managed to ride through this storm, keeping my ar-15 and 30 pmags I purchased well before this whole ordeal, was tempted to sell for profit, and take my chances, but I didn't feel the risk was worth the reward to me, for reasons I won't elaborate further (just my personal opinion, no logic to it worth explaining).

Ever since the sandyhook tragedy, I've just been buying 00 buckshot, since no one seems to be buying much of that in my neck of the woods.

7. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

Shouldn't we keep pushing for armed teachers in schools. No one wants another Sandy Hook, for many reasons. We shouldn't let up on this I believe c

8. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Brilliant. I'd do it too. More than one way to skin a cat.

9. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

It's not about school safety, it never has been. The Obama chirren go to a school with mucho security, as do most other bureaucrats in DC.

No way do the democrats repeal the law that made schools a safe criminal zone. Now if government finds a way to grow, they might consider putting guards in every school.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  10. furioso2112

furioso2112

harlenm - you asked why it is 'stupid' - (and Glotin changed his wording).

Anyway - it's a poor negotiating tactic to change a reasonable standpoint because a person holding a different point of view threatens to do something. Here, to agree to changes in gun sales registration/checks in order to avoid the threat that mag capacity/AR bans will be instated, is a poor decision. It is a poor decision because it is based on a threat of action, not on a reasonable position. If you stated "I believe that background checks for all guns sales is reasonable, therefore we should adopt them", that at least makes a response based on your belief. To state simply that an imagined course of action should be undertaken to appease, without support for that course of action, is inefficient and illogical.

11. Restless28

Restless28

Umm, links have been provided. You can read this at Christian Science Monitor and Fox.

Biden counted the votes. He doesn't have them in the Senate and the House is a non starter.

They are admitting defeat without admitting it.

12. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

He'll lead negotiations with a wish list of everything.

Duh.

Poised for panic 2.0.

13. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Well, you know how it goes... all this rambling and the TRUTH is...

We Won't Know What's In The Bill Until AFTER We Sign It....

Sure would like to be the car salesman for these guys and gals right now... would be a good line to throw down.

We might have an idea of what happened by this time next year.

Shucks, they have had 2 years (?) to setup for Obamacare, and still not one person in the Gov knows how to *implement* it.... and it went into effect some 13 days ago???

Harvard must be a great place... to go smoke weed...

14. G Twenty Three

G Twenty Three Life Is Good CLM

Washington has a narrative, a script, if you will... And then there's the truth. Unfortunately, there are many layers in between, a playground for media and hype.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  15. frank4570

frank4570

The Sandy Hook shooting has shown us what is possible.
    If there is another shooting just before congress goes to vote, half of the freaking country will be calling for a 5 round mag limit , and you can bet your ass they will get it.
    If you think your children might need a 30 round mag, you better buy them as soon as you can.

16. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Buy them where?

17. JMarch

JMarch ♩. ♪ ♫ ♪ ♬♩

I hear CTD has a few left....:whistling:

18. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

This. Believe you me Baden et al. are looking for ways to shaft good hold honest John Q. Gunowner.

19. frank4570

frank4570

I'm personally on the back order lists. I won't get my stuff tomorrow. But if we somehow manage to hold on to our rights through the Sandy Hook shootings, I will have some stuff collected. I don't want to pay for all that stuff tomorrow, anyway. And you can bet that I will be a member of the NRA, and SAF, and GOA, and any other pro-gun organization BEFORE the next Sandy Hook happens again, Which will happen. I hadn't been as vigilant before sandy hook as I should have been. I'm now member of everything, I'm going to keep it that way.
    Anybody who wants to keep their guns should learn from what happened the first 1 or 2 weeks after Sandy Hook.
    One day, we were pretty secure. 24 hours later, pro-gun republicans were abandoning us. It is going to happen again.
    The people who want to take away our guns are just waiting for the right set of circumstances. Sandy Hook was very close to the right set of circumstances. I'm sure they will have another shot at it.
    We can be a solid wall of resolve, or not.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  20. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

You aren't even an NRA member yet? Why wait?