close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I like this idea.

But somehow we have to be able to screw Social Security recipients in the whole deal otherwise there is no fun involved with it.

Keep in mind we also must use cheap foreign labor and not employ any americans.

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

We can hire illegal Mexicans to hold the targets down range. That's easy.

We can hire old folks as range greeters and encourage patrons to ridicule them for the lifetime of poor financial choices that pushed them back into the workforce.

Or, instead of AARP discounts we can charge them 50% more.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

3. Slug71

Slug71

You guys are going to be making $$$.
    Dibs on a phone. :D

4. Catshooter

Catshooter

No .22, not 223 and no 9mm.

That's what you call plenty of ammo? :wow:

Cat

5. Torontogunguy

Torontogunguy

No shortage of .223 in Kanada. Just ordered a case of Federal.

6. Slug71

Slug71

Lol. They had plenty of everything else.

7. Ruggles

Ruggles

Not the end but no doubt the beginning of the end. Prices on the 2nd hand market have leveled off and even started to drop somewhat. Backorders are being filled in small numbers. Overpriced guns are sitting in shops, not flying out of the doors like last month.

Production is at full steam, that product will arrive and eventually outpace demand. This is 2008/2009 again, more intense but the same thing. That ended and so will this.

8. Torontogunguy

Torontogunguy

We can run through a thousand rounds between my son and I on a Saturday afternoon plinking and target shooting.

We shoot a variety of pistol calibers but are settling in on .45ACP and .22LR, the latter for economy as we take a lot of folks out for their first experience at the range. Once a year the range opens up to the Scouts and to the Air Cadets for familiarization shooting. You should see the smiles.

A thousand rounds of .45ACP is getting expensive these days.

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

"This is far from being even close to over and done with. Bad things are in the pipeline. Even the Kennedy family weighed in on CNN last night. Sic."

The Kennedy family is irrelevant in today's America, well other than in the tabloids. The last thing I am worried about is any of those goobers voicing their support.

10. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Correct answer regarding universal background checks.

Libs will take whatever they can get and NEVER give it back.

It's a ratchet effect. They are willing to take years if necessary to disarm all law abiding citizens.

By the way, I think the libs have opted to take what they can get at the national level and push really hard in states and cities where they have total control.

It's just another way they plan to eat the elephant one bite at the time.

I'd like to see NRA and GOA and conservatives push back with a demand to rescind the existing laws regarding full auto weapons and barrel length.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  11. Torontogunguy

Torontogunguy

The problem is that many voters will recall the Kennedy name and the assassinations; I even recall where I was standing when I heard about JFK. And when I say voters, I am referring more to those in Congress than afield. The Prez has four years in which to stack the courts including the SCOTUS with anti-gun cronies that can pretty much do away with 2A and RTKBA.

It may not be a hugely relevant 'weigh in', but it simply brings the anti-gun craze to the forefront once again, much like this dufus Piers Morgan.... every dXXXmn night this guy is harping on a total gun ban.

After the State of The Union Address I am somewhat more optimistic about things. I don't think we will see the Assault Weapons Ban (Enhanced Version) and if we are vocal enough we just might find the debate in Congress wind the whole thing down to enforcing existing laws before more laws are considered. Only 4% of offenders of the existing laws make it to court apparently. Why oh why are we not pushing the heck out of empirical data? Educating everyone? So at least we can make a sensible argument without being laughed at?

Whatever, I hope someone sticks a short and sweet National Reciprocity Law onto the tail end of anything that does happen to make it to the floor. You have a carry permit from one state, it's good in every state. No conditions. No permit should be necessary in the first place, but try telling that to a NY State Trooper who has you pulled over once their new laws take effect. 7 round magazines? Imagine that. That's what my G36 magazines hold!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  12. High Altitude

High Altitude

Still can't find any 9mm, .223/5.56mm or 22lr at any local place so I don't think the panic is over yet.

13. Torontogunguy

Torontogunguy

I just ordered the Kel Tek .223 which is non-restricted and non-registered in Kanada along with a case of 1,000 rounds of .223/5.5 (The ammo was about $400 but the shipping was essentially free so that makes up big time). There's lots of .223/5.5 north of the border; the issue is getting it over the border. We just intend to plink with it at the range. Now have 4 AR's which are restricted weapons here in Kanada and require registration and may only be shot at the range. And one Kel Tek .223/5.5 which is NON restricted, requires NO registration and can be hauled anywhere with a permit. Difference? The AR's have a handle grip on the stock. Oh, and a pseudo flash suppressor. And they look scarey. Bump stocks are still legal up here as far as I know (don't own one, don't need one, don't want one). If we come stateside for a three gun competition, we now have a rifle that we can bring with. And ammo. Wonder if you can win one of those competitions by default?

14. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Has the OP finally conceded that he was speaking out of his butt on this one? Or is he waiting for a Tuesday in the future?

15. Catshooter

Catshooter

I'm sure that Restless (the OP) meant some other Tuesday. Like you know, say one in 2016.

I don't think I'll be calling him to ask for any stock tips. :)

Cat

16. Restless28

Restless28

In case you haven't noticed, no ban legislation to incite panic has occurred. I underestimated the unreasonable panic of Americans.

I chose not to participate in the panic.

17. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

We've seen it before...just not on the scale that we're seeing today. Pretty amazing, and disappointing.

Edited to clarify - I'm not disappointed in the desire to buy up ammo, etc. Although, I'd say if you didn't see the writing on the wall until Sandy Hook, then you should get your eyes checked. No...I'm disappointed in the whole topic and the response by many Americans.

By that I mean, I am seeing people who are normally reasonable individuals, but they are seeking a "compromise" in legislation. This compromise is nothing more than a willingness to give up more of our rights in same strange conviction that they will bring harmony to the political scene. Who in their right mind would give up rights to appease those that want to take them away?

And the whole topic is absurd to me. Who gives a rat's *** what the popular opinion is here?! My representative sent a survey yesterday asking my response to a bunch of possible "solutions" to the issue. We are a Republic based on a constitution. Why are we playing Family Fued with our rights?! This shouldn't even be debated or discussed.

/rant

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  18. Catshooter

Catshooter

Oooooooooooooooo, you chose not to participate in the panic.

You're right, nothing has been passed at the Federal level. Although the boys in New York might have issue with your 'nothing has happened, move along' attitude. And the fat lady hasn't sung yet me bucko. It's still too early to call.

Cat

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  19. poikilotrm

poikilotrm

I didn't hear no fat lady. This ain't over 'til it's over.

20. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

:rofl: :rofl: