close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Panic of 2013 Ends Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Slug71

Slug71

Wish they would hurry up with this sh!t :crying:

2. Torontogunguy

Torontogunguy

Thank you for the comments and education. Pity there was not a way to do background checks anonymously, but that, of course, would be impossible.

So I have been educated once again and appreciate it. Universal background checks = de facto registration.

So, we have come full circle. No more laws. No more restrictions. Enforce the present laws; i.e. the law that prohibits felons and those with mental health issues from even possessing a firearm.

Let's define what an assault weapon is - it is a fully automatic firearm or one that has been converted to act as fully automatic. Federal laws in place for that already too. Enforce them.

Get rid of gun-free zones for those that have concealed carry permits especially. The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun quickly is a good guy with a gun. The bad guy either gets taken down, or as we have been seeing, the moment resistance appears, commits suicide. OK by me.

Let's protect our kids. Seems we protect our airlines by permitting crew to carry concealed onboard and by having armed skymarshalls, why not the same in our schools? If it is time for action, it falls upon "We the People" to take that action and stop depending on hired help to do so.

And while we are on the subject, how about throwing in a National Reciprocity Act for those that possess concealed carry permits and have been vetted through NICS? I travel a bunch and it is a huge pain in the arse to pack the gun into a safe in the back of the SUV every time I enter a state that I cannot protect myself and my family in. Besides, do I not have the right to keep and bear arms in that state simply because I am not a resident? (I am sure that everyone that has had the pointy end of a barrel stuck in their face will appreciate my candor - our enlightenment came at the gates to Mickey Mouse's kingdom in Orlando).

Keep it coming guys, this is a great education for a guy like me. And it is honestly appreciated. Excuse me while I go kick myself. Doh.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

3. dmitch2k2

dmitch2k2

4. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Well, looks like the OP got this all wrong. Almost a month has gone by since his first post and we're still not "clear". :upeyes:

6. Slug71

Slug71

With not even an end in site. :(

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

OP was so far off, it wasn't even funny.

We will still be seeing shortages thru Labor Day, and with NY going to background checks on ammo in 2014, expect a surge of buying there before their law goes into effect.

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I will let you in on a little secret. I read the OP and was distraught. I bought up all ammo and am intentionally keeping supply low and am now selling it and price gouging.

9. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Someone may see how I think about most things now.

Imagine this could work like Southwest Airlines / Lufthansa. They bought a lot of fuel futures to hedge against increasing fuel prices.

I am thinking an enterprising company could buy a lot of ammo (and get contract to buy ammo) and then sell ammo futures. This way, someone could lock in a pre-agreed price for ammo for a certain quantity over a certain time frame.

I am thinking an ammo futures market could make me some money...

10. sappy13

sappy13

Prices are already coming down around here, at least to close to the same as what you would pay at the lgs. The lgs did raise his price on Colts about 150 bucks though. On one of our local buy/sell/trade forums in ga there are a lot of posts where people are trying to get top dollar, but none of those postings get any hits of interest.

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Storage will kill ya.

Jet fuel is perishable and storage is a problem. People who want ammo can just buy now and store it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. engineer151515

engineer151515

It's the ash fallen nuclear winter of the ammo panic.

Nothing but black rain and empty ammo shelves in my parts of southern Alabama.

13. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

But they dont plan ahead....

wait...that just blows my business model...

but I got another one in the wings....

14. Slug71

Slug71

My LGS has plenty of ammo. I just bought the last box of 9mm though.
    No .22 or.223 either. Everything else theres plenty.

15. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Nice pun. :)

16. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

I was in my LGS today and they had plenty of PMC Bronze in stock for $10.29 and PMC X tac 5.56 for 10.49 a box. They had limits of two boxes per customer tho. Things seem like they are starting to settle down a little now.

17. certifiedfunds

Why don't we get together with Gallium, buy up the entire civilian ammo supply under a paper corporation in Hong Kong, and then price gouge the hell out of anyone who wants some, let them pay the Hong Kong corporation and reinvest the tax free profits into US gun ranges where we will require the use of ammo purchased at the range?

I don't see how we lose

18. Torontogunguy

Torontogunguy

This is far from being even close to over and done with. Bad things are in the pipeline. Even the Kennedy family weighed in on CNN last night. Sic.

DO NOT EMAIL YOUR LEGISLATORS! MAIL them by postal mail, fax or phone calls. Allocate a half hour each day and just DO IT. Emails are very easy to route to the trash. US Mail MUST get delivered and opened.

I do not have a US residence right now (about a year away) so I am taking the liberty of writing, faxing and calling EVERYONE. I even send an email to the Prez. The response was (incredibly) "Thanks for your email. The campaign is now over. Thank you for your support." Sic. So a letter and a phone call to the White House are in order.

Problem is that I think I have brought myself to the attention of our RCMP, who run the firearms works here in Canada and where my firearms transfers were taking a few days to process, I have now been waiting three weeks for my Glock transfers to be done. Yes, we have to register restricted firearms (i.e. handguns) here in Kanada.

Can't wait to be spending my semi-retirement in the South somewhere. Is Florida getting to hot in the summertime?

Anyway, WRITE and FAX and CALL and keep on doing it. Include the press in your list.

I have received a wonderful education by my fellow Glocksters on here over the past few weeks and am grateful for it. 2A and RKBA must not be diluted further. Not a morsel further. Time to enforce the laws that are presently on the books and start holding legislators and beurocrats accountable. When was the last time anyone saw the Federally mandated FIVE YEAR NO PAROLE penalty added to any criminal offense? Or given to a felon or whacko that is in simple possession of a firearm?

Time for a national reciprocity law... if I am good in one state I should be good in ANY state. Fact is, I don't even think I should require a CCW permit at all but that's a story for another day.

I posted a copy of one man's opinion on gun control on here a few days ago. It is a long read, but well worth it. Someone should send a copy to Piers at CNN. He is the height of ignorance and needs to be sent packing back to the UK from whence he came and where he is recognized as an ignoramus.

Down off my soapbox again. Thanks for letting me vent.

19. oldman11

oldman11

I'm with you, no compromise.

20. certifiedfunds

I don't believe congress opens mail since the anthrax mess. Calls and email are only way.

Unless you happen to catch them at home