Glock Talk banner

The Outpost Lounge

785 Views 45 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Bogey
So, whaddup on this group?
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
looking at the membership so far, nothing good can come of this.

ROFL

Thanks for the invite.

· Raconteur
2,749 Posts
Thanks for the invite.

· Cajunator®
37,740 Posts
I'm just looking to start something a little more open, less "hardcore", that sort of thing.

No language filter, easy rules, but a place where lighter personalities can also feel at home.

· Cajunator®
37,740 Posts
And when I say "light" foul language, I don't mean you can't say "****", when you want, I just mean that it's not encouraged to have dialog that rivals the script of Pacino's "Scarface".

· Super Moderator
61,607 Posts
Dragoon's here...ah, hell.... Is he here representing the angels' side?

CJ, are you still in Italy? Did you look into getting some holsters made from the infamous Italian leathers? Forgot to ask that earlier.

· Cajunator®
37,740 Posts
Yep. I'm still in Italy. I plan to stay here until October 25th. I'm still learning the very basics of the language. I'm learning how important grammar is to a language. It doesn't take long to figure out that knowing a whole bunch of words is worthless if you can't form them into sentences.

No, I haven't checked into any Italian leather holsters. Prices are very high on everything over here. I paid 10 Euro for a 3-pack of FTL T-shirts yesterday. That's about $15 US, and that's the best price I could find anywhere.

I saw some leather jackets on the rack, and I couldn't believe the prices.

At first I thought the prices were high because everything is made here. I was wrong. They have the same sort of imported crap that we have in the states, just less of it.

· Caffeine Addled
1,059 Posts
Thanks for the invite...now your reputation is ruined

· Cajunator®
37,740 Posts
So what are you folks up to this Saturday morning?

It's 5pm over here, and I'll probably be going to dinner a little later. I'm having wine this evening, so the rental car stays parked and I'll be taking a taxi. I won't be "carrying" either. ;)

· Freelancer
9,665 Posts
Howdy, all.

Off to sling some dice around and move little pewter robots around with my buddies, blowin' one another up, talking crap, and similar assorted nonsense. It's a great way to blow off steam after a work week. Nothin' like playing with toys -- *ahem* I mean "engaging in tactical miniature wargaming" -- to feel like a kid again. ;)

· Non-broccophobe
13,645 Posts
Just got back from a business trip to Spain after a very long series of delays and cancellations... I thoroughly enjoy European food, but right now I'm really glad to be home and I'm enjoying a full sized mug of strong-assed American Navy Coffee. So I'm enjoying that, and getting caught up on what's happening on GT.

Thanks for the invite.

· Cajunator®
37,740 Posts
Coffee is a problem for me, over here. Starbucks seem to think they're following Italian coffee traditions. I'm guessing that their founders have never visited Italy and ordered "un caffe".

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,751 Posts
I am to virtually completely forget about reading and posting in these groups. I do everything through my User Control Panel. Then I just hit the button and go to the first new post in any and every thread I have subscribed to/posted in. But there isn't anything in the CP, to speak of, for the groups.

· Cajunator®
37,740 Posts
Yeah, I'm hoping to get forum status out of this. I've requested permission from Eric to lose the language filter, and informed him that I'd like to make it a forum.

I hope that, if that happens, I can ask folks for help as mods.

We'll see. I've been enjoying Project Mayhem, but I have a lot of friends on GT who would never fit that mold. I don't want to leave them behind in this cool new world which Eric has been working on.

· GT Mayor
64,080 Posts
Hey everyone,thanks for the invite.

· Cajunator®
37,740 Posts
If anyone has suggestions for invitations, let me know. I have 41 invitations sent out right now, not counting those of you who have already accepted. I'm inviting others as I read the forums and slap myself on the head, saying, "Why didn't I think of ______ before?"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts