The Outdoorsman in Greenwood

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by epsylum, Sep 14, 2007.

1. epsylum

epsylum Guest

Anyone been there? How is it? Are their prices fair? I plan on checking it tommorrow mainly for the archery stuff. I also plan on swinging by Elmores while I am at it as I haven't ever been there either (that's what I get for being a northsider ;) ).

Are there any other archery shops around or near Indy I should check out? I am a complete archery noob, but I got a used compound bow for $50 last week and several people have told me I got a great deal on it. I just want to get it checked out and over hauled before I start playing with it. I also would like to support a local shop over Gander Mountain or whatnot.

Thanks

2. sjstill

sjstill Guest

IIRC, full retail on firearms :shocked:

Used to shoot archery there a lot. They're about the only full service archery shop left around, as far as I know.
    They always treated me right, but that was maybe 15 years ago....

3. epsylum

epsylum Guest

Thus, the stop at Elmore's. ;)

I am only going there for the archery stuff anyways. How's their prices on that kind of stuff (no bows or anything, just accessories)?

My buddy told me Dicks has a good deal running on carbon arrows right now. I would rather support a local guy than that place, but don't feel like getting screwed over to do so.

4. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

The Outdoorsman is indeed pricey on firearms. I wish that I could comment on the archery selection, but I don't participate, so I don't look.

If you want to take a jaunt across the river to the West, hop down SR 67 to Camby and hop into Bradis Guns (immediately north of a Speedway gas station. If you see Menards/Meijer, you've gone a mile too far). They're pretty nice folks in there, for the most part. Decent selection and decent prices. Can find pretty good deals on ammo, too.

-J-

5. epsylum

epsylum Guest

Been there. Keep going down 67 to Mooresville and go to AAC. Better prices than Bradis and you may even recognize at least one face if you used to frequent PSS. ;)

Plus they have transferable machineguns and suppressors. :drool:

6. Indy_Guy_77

Bought my P22 from AAC. I've only been to PSS a few times. I'm rarely, if ever, in Plainfield. I try to stop when/if I am, though!

Even shook the hand of that squirrelly looking tall red-headed guy. :supergrin:

-J-

7. epsylum

epsylum Guest

I went there today and sjstill is right about their gun prices.

Their archery section (the entire second floor) is pretty nice though. They are setting my bow up and it should be done in a week or so.

It is a friggin haul from where I live though. Too far for me to go there on a regular basis.

8. Indy_Guy_77

If you can work out payment via telephone...I can bring your bow up to ECPR on Sunday.

PM me if you want to try and work something out.

-J-

9. epsylum

epsylum Guest

That's alright. I have a buddy who wants to go check the place out. He was busy last weekend. He might come along with me to see the place.

Thanks though.

Edit: They also have to fit the bow to me. So I kinda need to be there in person. ;)