The one that got away.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Porthos, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Porthos

Porthos

I've had a hankering lately to get another Glock and the model I decided to look at was the 26. I called the Blue Label dealer in a town that is about 80 miles from my door step this morning to see if they had one in stock. They did and asked me if I wanted to put it on hold. I wasn't 100% sure that I wanted it so I told them no but that I would come in today and look at it. I thought, what are the odds that someone else will want and qualify to purchase a Blue Label G26 today.

I told my wife to call her parents (who live 70 miles from us but north of the town with the dealer) and we'd go out to eat with them in a town near where the dealer was. I had planned to go look at/get the gun and then go get her parents and then go out to eat. Logistically this was a bad plan since I would be back tracking about 50 miles round trip so we decided to get her parents first.

We picked up her parents and were on our way. I missed a turn to take the short route to the dealer but we had plenty of time before they closed so we took the long way and enjoyed the drive in the country. We arrived at the dealer and I went back to the gun room. I immediately saw a Blue Label case on the counter with a guy filling out the paperwork to buy. I walked over to the counter and there was the one and only G26 Blue Label that the dealer had and it was being purchased.

Needless to say that I was disappointed but I hadn't even held one of the baby Glocks before so I still wasn't sure if I wanted one. The guy buying it, according to another customer, was a local deputy. He was gracious enough to let me hold and fondle his new G26 to see if that's what I really wanted. It is. The dealer put my name on a list and will call me when one comes in. As Maxwell Smart used to say....missed it by that much...

Steve

2. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Yep, those kind of things happen to me too. You'll get one soon enough. Hang in there.

3. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Ha sucks. At least it was a Deputy not some crackhead.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sorry to hear :sad:

5. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

its all good......Glocks are not really rare items, you will have one soon enough :)