The "one that got away" thread

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Boo Berry, Nov 12, 2019.

1. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Sure there were girls, women, before I started dating the woman who I eventually married. But they came and went. Over. Done.

Don't want any of them. And they, I'm sure, don't want anything more to do with me. And I'm fine with that.

BEANCOUNTER, Johnix and mj9mm like this.
  2. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

There was Sara, the aerobics instructor that gave me crabs

Oh boy was she hawt tho......

she’s pretty rough now tho, that’s what Facebook is for

3. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

I dated two other girls I could have been very happy with but I got the one I really wanted. Met in high school when she went on a couple dates with my best friend. I had dated her best friend on and off for a couple years. Finally ran into each other a few years later.

byf43 and catman71 like this.
  4. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

Jringo8769 and ithaca_deerslayer like this.
  5. railfancwb

railfancwb

I’ve been widowed 13 years... we almost made our 50th anniversary...

Not particularly interested in another romantic involvement at this point in life.

But... there were a few - very few - I wonder about. Not enough to bother researching, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byf43 likes this.
  6. peng

peng

I miss my ex wife Lorena.

We had a nasty spat awhile ago and she cut off my wanker, but it got re attached so no big. I had the doc add some extra length and girth while he was there so all's well that ends well.

7. ronj1

ronj1

I have had 27 years of married life that were the best years of my life. Been married 281/2 years now. Ready to end it.

8. BlueTrane2028

BlueTrane2028

There's a girl I should have dated back in high school, I was stupid to turn her down, I find out she died a few years back and there's no details at all. That one sucked.

There's another one from college, similar deal, didn't get together with a girl I should have. This one is happily married with a kid at this point. We consider each other friends but we don't hardly get to see one another.

Wife knows about both, is friends with the college one too. Again, I'm not the cheatin' type.

The really ****ty part of all this is, the girl I was dating that prevented me from getting with BOTH of the "got aways" in this topic ended up leaving me for no good reason other than basically fear of commitment, all that was left was to get hitched. She just ended it mostly out of the blue.

So, I hung in there for a girl who threw it away, and caused me to miss two other possibly great relationships. In the end I'm not bitter, we all found marriages and had kids (except for the one that died, of course). No divorces or plans to among any involved either.

railfancwb likes this.
  9. Teecher45

Teecher45

Mine was a S&W Mountain Gun in .44 mag. Had it for a couple of years. Carried while bow hunting in bear territory.
    Traded it for a G-29. Cause the 10mm is as powerful as a .41 mag! Amiright!?! What a DA.

Oh. Women. What Glockman4 said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railfancwb likes this.
  10. Con43

Con43

So now do they call you Oreo.....:D

illrooster132 likes this.
  11. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I was engaged to a woman and we later parted ways on very good terms, remaining friends. Years pass, we lose contact, I move west with my new wife and life is great.
    Years later, a mutual friend called me one morning to tell me she was presumed killed in the North Tower. HH

byf43 and railfancwb like this.
  12. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Dated all through HS until 19. She wanted to move to Cali, which was out of the question to me. I think she thought I'd follow a few months later (and I almost did). Girl was stunning and smart as a whip (supposedly she was going out there for some job training).

Saw her about 8-9yrs later working at a convenience store here. I didn't even notice her till she said my name and finally identified herself. She was extremely prissy when I knew her... Now, baggy jeans, beat up shoes, old swear shirt .. she would not have been caught dead like that when we were together

About 6yrd later she popped up on a list of probationers I had to supervise. Passed her off quickly. Fraud type charges.

It was kinda sad really

Now that I think about it... That may be a "How I dodged a bullet" story. I've seen her a few times in passing since then, but we have not spoken. I can tell things have been pretty rough for her.

railfancwb likes this.
  13. Capone

Capone

I should not tell the story cause I don’t like posting any real personal stuff. The girl in question was the damn love of my young life. She started doing coke behind my back I found out begged her to quit she couldn’t or wouldn’t then it turned into her rocking that crap up. I tried for a long time help but she refused and turned her life into a mess. She left. That **** broke my heart watching her go down that road. Found out she moved back to the states with parents who put her in rehab. I was very happy for her. Year later she was back to her old habits. Her parents managed to contact me years ago through Facebook friends of hers to let me know she lept from a bridge. They found the body weeks later.

railfancwb likes this.
  14. bdcochran

bdcochran

I don't phrase it the same way. There are special spots in my heart for those who walked a while on the same path. No regrets that any got away. They simply continued walking their own paths.

15. illrooster132

illrooster132

I was hoping something like that too. Cuz I have too many girls stories to be listing here and ones that are too hot to be said. Lets just say that I’m still dealing with one of those.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    railfancwb and FullClip like this.
  16. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

There's only one other girl who even came close to what I'd say was "love". We were friends first, which changed to something else. Never had any sort of physical relationship, due to her moving away about the time we discovered our feelings for one another. Stayed in touch over the subsequent years, mostly via phone - this was pre--internet. She got married to a guy she met in college, I got married to my wife. Still sent Christmas cards over the years, remaining friends somewhat.

Over the last few years, the cards stopped coming. No biggie, not like we've even chatted on the phone in the last 15 years or more. Got to wondering about her, found her social media profile.

HOLY CRAP!!

She's not the "one that got away"...she's the one that is a crazy left wing Bernie fan, among other things. Apparently, her hubby - a physics prof at Michigan - and her are freaky-deaky libs. Her FB page is full of Black Lives Matter, Bernie Sanders, March with the Natives at the Oil Pipe kind of stuff.

Yeah, I'm good. Turns out that God knew what I needed, and gave me my wife - instead of that crazy loon.

17. redrick

redrick

Isn’t that the human nature, the grass is always greener on the other side. And you don’t know what you have got until it is gone.

I would say if you found a good one, be thankful and don’t look back.

byf43, railfancwb and Boo Berry like this.
  18. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon Silver Member

Mine was a S&W 4” 586 no dash that I bought new in the early 80’s. :)

19. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

There was a girl I dated in high school, I broke up with her because I was a bum and I knew I couldn't give her the life she deserved. We still talked a lot (she lived next door) and one night, just before I left for the Navy, I was sitting in front of my house and she came over and sat down beside me. As she talked, all I could think was how beautiful she was and as she walked away, all I could think was, I will love her forever.
    We still talk now and then on social media. She married a good guy soon after I left for the Navy and has had a happy life so far.
    I used to think about what might have been if I hadn't broken up with her but, up until I was about 30, I pretty much lived life... well... like a sailor. She wouldn't have been happy and I couldn't ask her to wait for me to, maybe someday, grow up.
    She married a guy who treats her great, I'm happy for her.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  20. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

there was a time 10 yrs ago I had a lot of regrets. And I would think of the all the amazing girls I threw away. Actresses, models, girls with filthy rich fathers and guaranteed easy street.

Then I realized they are all crazy, and I have no regrets. Slowly though some of them are popping back up after divorce, so you never know.

respect to those of you that can handle a woman better than I can.

railfancwb and professor kv like this.