The Official NBA Basketball Thread Of 2018/2019

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jade Falcon, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

If you do not like basketball or the players, then STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD. This thread is for those of us who enjoy basketball.

All trolling comments and snide remarks about "thugs" or "Unamerican" whatever will be flagged.

If you don't like basketball for whatever reason, that is fine. Nobody forced you to click on this thread. STAY OUT, or hit the "Back" button and go somewhere else. Your trolling comments are not welcome here.

No politics, no social issues....just basketball.

Now....for those of us who watch basketball, who are you following this season, and/or who are you a fan of?

I'm a Portland Trail Blazer fan. I expect the same ol' crap as last year, since our coaching staff hasn't gotten any better, and we're still the same, boring ISO team we've always been. You would think getting swept in the first round by the 5th seed Pelicans would change things, but I guess not.

This is irrelevant, of course, since Golden State is the only team with a chance of winning the championship.

Our season starts on the 18th against the Lakers. I hope we beat the snot out of them....I am beyond sick of the media dick sucking about LeBron. It's all I hear about from the sports media.

So who is your team, and what matchups are you looking forward to this season? I personally am looking forward to sweeping the Thunder and the Nuggets again this year.

Discuss.

2. GWSHARK

GWSHARK BITEYAHEADOFF

Ut ohh... Thread flopping... allow me to help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mattallamerican and LASTRESORT20 like this.

3. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

Ok I will stay out ........

mattallamerican and Jade Falcon like this.
  4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

What if we don't care about the politics, etc but just find it boring? :p

I gotta say, Fiserv Forum looks pretty awesome..

5. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

How the hell could you find it boring?

Golf and cars making left hand turns for 4 hours doesn't count or something?

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Well, I find nascar incredibly boring but I haven’t watched a race in a number of years.

I don’t mind golf on TV, especially if I’m trying to take a nap!

Jade Falcon and mattallamerican like this.
  7. aplcr0331

aplcr0331

I’m less and less interested as I used to be. Even though I still play once a week with the rest of the fat old guys.

I don’t watch games but I follow the “news” about the NBA.

I’m also a Portland fan, since we lost our Sonics. Been to a number of games in the Rose Garden, lots of fun.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  8. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

The Rose Garden is awesome. Been there countless times myself; everything from concerts, to AFL games, to basketball games.

Say what you will about the rest of the city, and I'd probably agree with you. But if it's one thing they got right, it's the Rose Garden.

Or now known by it's ugly name: "The Moda Center". Hideous name.

Paul Allen definitely got that right.

9. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Dubs v LeBron and his minions, again.

Because, well, Harden isn't LeBron.

Brevity is the soul of wit. :)

PS, it won't matter who is on the other side... ;)

Jade Falcon likes this.
  10. Tickhill

Tickhill Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking

I will watch the last 2 minutes of the 2019 NBA championship game.

WeeWilly likes this.
  11. The Father

The Father

A4315B31-B579-4D6F-AE1F-6C88C20BF275.jpeg
    NBA stopped being revelvant after the early 90’s and the era of the short shorts.

12. The Father

The Father

I am surprised more players don’t dribble with one hand and hold their pants up with the other

13. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Although I'm not a big NBA fan, I will watch a few Suns games to see if they can do anything with their new big. I will once the college season is over anyway.......

Jade Falcon likes this.
  14. norton

norton

I'm hoping for good things from the Pacers this year. With LeBron out of the east, the Pacers at least have a chance at being a finalist this year, although early money says it will be Boston or Philly.
    Miles Turner is a big question mark. He just signed a huge contract, and has been working hard in the off season. Would be nice if he could play low post instead of hanging out at the 3 point line. More rebounding, more defense. Pacers open their season tomorrow.

Pacers.jpg

15. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

A basketball fan! Thank God! :cheers::drunk: I was starting to get lonely in here, lol.

I'm kind of on the fence about Bigs shooting 3s. It works for guys like Nowinski and Jokic, but the rest of them seem to be post players.

We signed Jusuf Nurkic this offseason to 4/$48M, so he's locked up for now. He's also worked on his 3 point shooting this off-season, and it shows. Except for the last two preseason games. But he had a couple of games where he did very well at the 3. Then he went all air-ball in the last two preseason games.

If he can hit that 3 point shot, it's going to seriously stretch the floor for us. Which I suppose is the biggest upside to having a Big that shoots 3s.

That being said, guys like Nurk work best in the post, not on the 3 point line. There are things, for example, that Nurk can do that Jokic just can't, and it shows every time Portland plays Denver since we acquired Nurk from them.

norton likes this.
  16. norton

norton

Yes, basketball has changed in the last few years. Big guys shooting 3's.
    Victor O was a huge pickup for the Pacers last year. I was glad to see Paul George go. He didn't want to be in Indy anyway.
    Now if Lebron and the Lakers don't make the finals, that will be almost as good as the Pacers getting there. I hate it that Lance Stevenson was let go-geez to the Lakers no less. I think the Pacers may regret that move. He was a fan favorite.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  17. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I'm beyond sick of hearing about LeBron and the Lakers. Guess who the Blazers face in their season opener?

Here's hoping we smash them. The game is on Thursday at the Moda Center, so at least we'll have home court advantage. Now if only we could kick all the bandwagon LA fans out of Portland....:fist:

Thank God it's not a national broadcast or in LA. The commentators would be completely insufferable.

norton likes this.
  18. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Portland beat LA! I couldn't be happier about it.

TNT was completely insufferable the entire game. LeBron this....LeBron that....suck-fap suck-fap....

They didn't even have the decency to show the moment of silence on the court for Paul Allen. Nor did they show the Blazers starting lineup introduction. You know what they showed? No joke.....they showed LeBron being introduced....and then cut back to the studio.

F- the Lakers. I hope they never win another championship again.

19. norton

norton

Yeah, the national sports media is going to be insufferable describing the Lakers and King Lebron. Colin Cowbell is probably wetting his pants he's so excited about the Lakers.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  20. Psy223

Psy223

New arena. New coach. Added some pieces. It’s the Buck’s year. Give them a month or two to get rotations figured out and I think they are the team to beat in the East.

Jade Falcon likes this.