Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the gun show today and bought 500 .40S&W rounds of Miwall reloads, then took my G23 to my local outdoor range.

Came back with a 100 rounds left. Boring.

My G23 never had a failure, jam, hiccup, kaboom, double feed, stove pipe, etc. Boring.

The front end is just filthy. Boring.

Beside my Glock being boringly reliable, I had lots of fun. My hands were shaking after 250 rounds straight.

Any of your Glock Boring stories you want to share?

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Went to the range 3 days ago with my G23 and my new G27 and fired 400 rounds between the 2 of them, came home with no ammo left over, and my hand didn't hurt. The more I shoot this caliber in the glock, the more I like it and the more accurate I shoot it.

Glad to see someone who enjoys it as much as me. And by the way, not a single malfunction from either gun.

·
"Senior" Member
740 Posts
Try shooting over 500 rounds a day (training classes).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Beating a dead horse a bit(and my rd count is small compared to what I've read these pistols can take!) but nearly 3k rounds in three months and NO malfunctions. Not even close.

It's better than I am. Honestly, I look at it like this....this pistol is like a long lost love I've been looking for my whole life! I've never been happier(with a gun that is hehe).

Boring? maybe, awesome? YES!!!

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I'm really thinking I need to get into another line of handguns. I have three Glocks and am considering taking a loss on them. They're just so boringly reliable and dependable they aren't any fun.

I'm thinking something a little more exciting like, um, Kel-Tec or Kahr. Something that will challenge my troubleshooting skills a little. :rofl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm really thinking I need to get into another line of handguns. I have three Glocks and am considering taking a loss on them. They're just so boringly reliable and dependable they aren't any fun.

I'm thinking something a little more exciting like, um, Kel-Tec or Kahr. Something that will challenge my troubleshooting skills a little. :rofl:
I dont have any malfunctions with my kel tec p11 but I cant hit a suburban from 7 feet away. The size is great for a CCW but the accuracy is terrible if i shoot the wrong person and go to prison.

·
NRA Member
8 Posts
I took my 23 to the range a few weeks ago along with my AR and my Miami Classic Shoulder Holster.

It was only the second time I had used the holster and I had a ball going through different drills with it and my Glock.

Can't wait to get back either cause since then, I've got a brand new 27 for my b-day, lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
I bet I can shoot over 500 rounds with a full size 1911 with .45 acp, but 400 is pushing it with .40 s&w in a 23. The Glock requires more control to match the groups of the 1911 but it's sure fun trying. Reactive targets make it less boring, for sure. Cleaning the Glock is so easy I guess you could call that uneventful. Cleaning the 1911, now that's a dirty job (but pretty cool when you finally got it all back together looking new again).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wish I had a reason to tinker with my Glock. Nothing seems to go wrong though.

What kind of failures should I try to induce to give me something else to do with my Glock other than shoot it?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Miwall's reload are pretty good. I used to only buy their factory new but yesterday I picked up 1k round of their reload and tried it out at the range. 200rd without a single malfunction. Good stuff.

·
American
702 Posts
filled the chamber of my g19 with mud and then knocked it all out. it was so cruddy pulling the slide back was hard and you could fee the grit. ran 5 mags through it with no malfunctions. Boring

·
Registered
18 Posts
New Glock 19, indoor range, conceal carry class, indoor range, outdoor range plinking/silhouettes...500+ rounds cheapest white box and reload crapmunition and some high dollar home defense ammo...no break in period, no failure to feed, no cool stovepipes, no problems...b o r i n g !

Going to get some dummy rounds to randomly put in my range mags so I can practice, tap, rack and fire.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Throw a 1911 into a bucket of sea water and leave it there for a couple days. You'll be having a ball then!
You had to see a 1911 after the 6 months of "Monsoon's" in the "Nam"...:wow:
nothing helped, even dipped in oil....the Glock would of been perfect over there.

Oh, & me & my Son shot approx 300 2 weeks ago > G19. G26, G27 and not a burp..."Perfection".....

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a "boring Glock" story, I guess. A friend, gunsmith, and instructor offered me one of his shooting classes for free, so I wasn't going to pass it up. I shot about 250 rounds that day in my G19 with no problems and only 1 round that wasn't in the black on the targets. Another there had a HK USP, and had two jams, but he was shooting cast reloads, so it's a good chance that it was the ammo. I was shooting WWB, though, so there was no problem for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts