Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we could have one solid thread where we could discuss the Olympics without a bunch of random threads popping up. Here, we can talk about everything from the pollution to the games. Maybe a Mod can sticky it to the top for the duration of the Games?

So I watched Rowing, swimming (mens and womens), and now I'm watching Volleyball. It's the US vs Qatar. The US team consists of Gibb and Patterson.

What games are you looking forward to? Personally, I'm a huge fan of Gymnastics.

And what do you think of NBC's coverage?

Personally, I think they'll do everything in their power to avoid discussing just how disgusting that place is with the pollution and crime.

Discuss.

·
Registered
26,836 Posts
You guys know that I'm too old to be looking up pics of hawt chicks on the Internet so I'll just agree that she's cute without looking her up. Wink wink.

·
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
29,109 Posts
I watched the opening ceremony last night. Meredith Viera was absolutely awful.

Haven't seen much of the actual sporting events yet. Hope to tonight.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I watched the opening ceremony last night. Meredith Viera was absolutely awful.

Haven't seen much of the actual sporting events yet. Hope to tonight.
Isn't she the one who did that hit piece documentary about guns recently, where she bought guns illegally and misrepresented information?

·
Garbage Day!
9,586 Posts
Hoping Usaine Bolt breaks his world record time (9.58). Dude is just stupid-fast.

And it's about is time that I envy the living hell out of the English watching it on BBC. No commercials, no sobby backstories, just the sports, ma'am. Just the sports.

Reactions: TX OMFS

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Need to find a list of the events with the times and channels so i can watch what I want to instead of just watching random stuff. Mens gymnastics is on at the moment, no clue why anyone would wanna do that, but the stuff they do is impressive.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Need to find a list of the events with the times and channels so i can watch what I want to instead of just watching random stuff. Mens gymnastics is on at the moment, no clue why anyone would wanna do that, but the stuff they do is impressive.
What channel are you watching? NBC has women's rowing on right now. They just had women's volleyball on before that.

·
Banned
1,776 Posts
Mens basketball. Womens soccer. Alex morgan is just so sexy and Hope solo is pretty damn hot as well. The women beach volleyball is cool as well

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
That's interesting I have men's gymnastics on now.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's interesting I have men's gymnastics on now.
Yeah, I guess NBC is all over the place depending on what time zone you're in. You're Eastern Standard Time, I'm Pacific Standard Time. I think Gixxer in KY is Central Time?

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eastern time zone in my part of the state.
Gotcha, thanks.

It's 6 PM here and NBC Nightly News is just starting.

Let's see if they say anything about the pollution....

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
Saw someone share a video on facebook, a French gymnast doing the sprint, hit a trampoline thing, do a bunch of flips and land. Snapped his leg, hurt just watching it.
Saw the same thing and had the same reaction.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts