The Official 2016 NFL Football Thread

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jade Falcon, Aug 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Woot! Football is here once again!

Who are you following or rooting for? Got any hopes on what to see? Looking at new draft picks in Camp?

I've already been to two new 9er clubs here in town this off-season, and they're pretty damned good.

The one I went to last night was alright, until the alcohol starts flowing, and people get loud.

Anyways...

As you can guess, the 9ers aren't having the best off-season right now. But it's far better than it was last season.

We have a competent coaching staff, and a new OLine that has been greatly bolstered with the addition of Zane Beadles in the off-season (replacing Alex Boone, who left in FA), as well as drafting several OLinemen in the draft. We drafted Joshua Garnett (Outland Trophy recipient for Best Offensive Lineman in college) in the 1st Round, and we have a 7th Round pick (drafted last year) named Trent Brown who's stepped up big time for us. He's turning out to be a steal thus far.

This OLine is looking legit. Hopefully, Kelly works his magic and puts the right pieces in place to keep it strong.

Our WR Corp is far from stellar, but there's bits of promise. Time for Patton and Ellington (if he can stay healthy) to step it up. I also expect to see a lot from DeAndrew White, DeAndre Smelter (not looking great for him thus far), Dres Anderson (looking good so far), and Devon Cajuste (UDFA). Eric Rogers tore his ACL this off-season, so he's out for good. Which is a real shame, because he's a hell of a talent that I was REALLY looking forward to seeing.

Our DLine is looking legit once again. Bowman just signed a 4 year extension totaling (I believe) $77 million. Which basically guarantees that he's staying in San Fran for his entire career.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/4...ve-navorro-bowman-a-huge-77-million-contract/

Eric Armstead, our 1st Round DT that we drafted last year, has put on 40 lbs of muscle, and is bullying the OLine in camp. He's routinely being double and triple-teamed, and I couldn't be happier about it. He's yet to play in a pre-season game, however, because he's dealing with a shoulder issue, which he's had since camp. It's not serious, but still: it's lingering.

Next to him is a 1st Round DE that we drafted this year from Oregon: Deforest Buckner. In my opinion, he's about as successful thus far as I expected him to be: at a Rookie level. He'll get better, and his performance will improve once Armstead comes back.

We've also finally moved Tank Carradine to OLB, which was where he should have been in the first place. We drafted a 4-3 DE and tried to turn him into a 3-4 DT by having him bulk up to 295 lbs. Needless to say, that genius plan didn't work. Why it took them 3 years to figure it out is beyond me.

But now he's down to 270, and he's doing alright thus far. He's going to have to step it up, because our 3rd Round pick at OLB from last year, Eli Harold, is not doing so well, despite his increased weight (much needed). That, and our starting OLB, Aaron Lynch, has been suspended the first 4 games of the season for failing a drug test. He's playing in pre-season, but he's overweight. Again. Same as last season.

Our RB Corp is alright; nothing spectacular. But I think with this OLine and Chip's running game, it's going to dominate. Carlos Hyde, our starting RB, just sustained a concussion last night, so he'll need to be evaluated. And I'm not sold on him just yet, because of his injury history. If he makes it past 800 yards this season, I'll be happy.

Behind him is our 4th Round (last year) RB Mike Davis, who trimmed down significantly and got into serious shape this off-season, after a miserable performance last year. He's done great this pre-season, but had a horrible game last week against Denver, where he fumbled twice. Besides that, he's quickly impressing. And so is DuJaun Harris.

As for QBs, well.....you all know about that, I'm sure. For the record, I'm rolling with Gabbert. And hopefully, our 6th Round pick, Jeff Driskel, can learn well under Kelly or someone besides Kap.

So that's all I care to update on. There's far more intricacies here and there that I didn't cover, like our Secondary. But you get the point.

Optimistically, I'm hoping for 9-7. But I'll settle for 8-8. I've always said that I would rather predict a winning season and be wrong, than predict a losing season and be right.

But enough about us, what about you? Who are you following/rooting for? Who are you looking for to step it up? Excited about anything? Any draft prospects that your team took in that you're excited about?

Discuss.

Valmet and LASTRESORT20 like this.
  2. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

Seattle 11-5 this season
    last season was terrible

MO Fugga likes this.

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

With that OLine? I dunno man....there's only so many times the Hobbit can scramble.

orangejeep06 and robbcayman like this.
  4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

any team but san francisco.

LASTRESORT20 and MO Fugga like this.
  5. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Because of Kap?

6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

no, because they kept him.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  7. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Ah. That's understandable. I would have benched him at the very least.

8. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

The hired mercenaries representing my Television Designated Market Area will assuredly defeat the hired mercenaries representing your television Designated Market Area.

While their pay comes almost exclusively from national television contracts, corporate sponsorships and merchandise sales, I remain confident that they still are true and excellent representatives of the personality, character and combined human will of my Designated Market Area.

I acknowledge none of them had ever set foot here before being sold into high-end indentured servitude to the local franchise of their monopoly employer and sent here regardless of their preferences, with the only alternative being finding employment outside professional football, but that is naturally a minor thing compared to the power of the fandom of the residents of our Designated Market Area.

Cheseldine, LASTRESORT20 and MO Fugga like this.
  9. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

10. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

Should be very interesting.....Look forward to it...

MO Fugga likes this.
  11. MO Fugga

He'll throw 30 touchdowns this year.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  12. lib_hater

lib_hater

Used to think Kaep was fun to watch...was glad they made the move to start him over Alex Smith.

Now I am just amazed. How can someone be so ignorant....he said he spent months thinking that he wanted to do and not standing up during the national anthem. Must not be much going on up in that head of his.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  13. lib_hater

lib_hater

OH wow....30 TDs in 2016.....

14. lib_hater

lib_hater

You would of lost to my **** team if it wasn't for our kicker....Seattle is trash

Jade Falcon likes this.
  15. MO Fugga

Doo doo occurs....

orangejeep06 likes this.
  16. moeman

moeman

The Vikinigs are going to the Super Bowl
    Guaranteed

The only question is ?

As fans? ;)

MO Fugga and orangejeep06 like this.
  17. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

Yeah,i know i'm being optimistic. Heck as it is i get a ton of grief for being a Seattle fan and not a Patriots/Brady fan,folks up here are hardcore for the regional teams. I've followed Seattle for years and finally got to see them get a SB ring.

MO Fugga and Jade Falcon like this.
  18. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

haters gonna hate,whens the last time the Vikings won a SB? :supergrin:

19. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

At least,right?

MO Fugga likes this.
  20. MO Fugga

And it was GLORIOUS!!!

orangejeep06 likes this.