close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Offical GT GT4 Thread!

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by DesertEagle, Feb 28, 2005.

1. DesertEagle

DesertEagle OH HELL MY HEAD CLM

I hereby call to opening the "Official GlockTalk Gran Turismo Thread!"

Post it all, pics from photomode of "you" in your favorite ride, tips and tricks, inside info on how to get past some of the hard missions/license tests/driving missions/etc. Anything that is a GT4 "resource" for your fellow gamers is here :)

I'll start with a repost of my money-making strats from another thread, since more money is what a lot of ya'll probably want. You can have it, and have it WITHOUT CHEATING at all :)

D.E.

2. DesertEagle

For an exceptional mid-rear, go ahead and pick up something like a Lancer or Impreza rally car, put a small turbo and some HP increasing goodies on it if ya can, and then start the special conditions hall. You don't have to have a beast to win these, at the easy level the most you'll go against is about a 300 horse Celica. Hell, I've won them in a the Charger easy, and it's not 4WD or anything.

Winning the first event (2 races, 2 laps) gives you the Cadillac Cien, an awesome MR that eventually can be customed to around 950 hp (with the supercharger) or over 1k hp with the NA 3 tuning. NA gets ya more horses, but the charger costs like 14k instead of 90 and gets ya more hp than NA stage 2.

Also, for some quick money, do event 2 in that hall for a craptastic custom rally car you can sell for a quick $265k to custom that beautiful Cien. You can also clear this race and do it again to keep winning the car over and over (2 race/2lap money pump if ya want to take advantage of it; some feel it is too close to cheating)

Once you have the Cien customed out fully like that you're good to go in the American events, and the MR challenge, as well as the NA/Turbo challenge in the Pro hall, an dif you're good (or your BSpec driver is good) possibly the tuner car championship as well..

Once you get a boatload of money, head for Deutchland and pick up a Mercedes McLaren SLR for around $600k and change (need about $850k total, purchase + tune; use the spec events trick above), custom that and then race it in the Benz event, "Legend of the Silver Arrow." Get all golds, and you'll take home the Benz CTR Touring car for free. Throw a Stage 4 turbo on it, everything else is already customed for you.

Enter the European event, "Deutch Touring Car Masterschief" or however it's spelled. Taking the gold in that nets you $75k for the individual races (first place = $15k x5 races), another $75k for the championship, and the McLaren CLK GTR Race car, which you can keep or sell for around $750k. If you wish, rinse/lather/repeat for a whole fortune to buy and enhance your garage at will. That's almost 900 thou a pop, and you can BSpec the races out and run them at 3x speed so that in about 10-15 minutes you earn the cool (.9) mil. Or race them yourself. I'm a BSpec whore, so I just BSpec'd them out and took the cash/car

And in case you are afraid this is just excessive, let me mention that the last race in the Pro hall (you have to have ALL other beginner/pro events done; it's the GT world championship) WILL put you in a position where you HAVE to HAVE a 3-4.5 MIL car to have a chance of winning. There's just no other way. Your opponents have stuff like the Sauber C-9, the Mazda 787B, Nissan 89 & 92 race cars, etc. The CRAPPIEST car I've seen in there after trying it like 10 times is the Camero LM IIRC. LM cars, ain't gonna cut it. Touring cars like the Benz, ain't going to cut it. If you tune your CLK GTR (you should keep ONE of the ones you win after selling the rest for $700k and change a pop) just right and get lucky with your opponents, it has a chance. That race is ludicrous. But, without doing it, you aren't going to get to the extreme event hall. If you do all the Rally's, you can get to 25% which unlocks the Enduro races though. So really all that you're locked out of without beating the Pro is the Extreme hall.

Another good prize car to win (for kicks, not for money when you sell it) is the Cizeta V16. Beat the supercar festival for that one, in the pro hall.

D.E.

3. DesertEagle

Also throw in a Photomode of one of my favorite cars. I've been in love since Operation Swordfish...

D.E.

4. DesertEagle

To clear a race and win the price again, just enter it again. The game will tell you you've already won the prize, but you can clear it and try to win the prize again. It will bring up a box saying "clear" or "don't clear."

You would want clear (try for prize again).

"Don't clear" will let you race it again, but only for the money, not the reward car.

D.E.

5. djjordache

djjordache blah blah blah

I LOVE THIS GAME! I was soooo pissed when I went to get my reserved copy on 2-22 and they weren't there YET, but they came in at like 8:30PM that night.... anyways I've been playing in my spare time and have tons of cool cars! how do you take a screenshot from the ps2?

6. DesertEagle

well, GT4 has built in screen shot mode, if you save a replay, you can take SS's from the race, and of course photo travel mode in the top left corner for the really gorgeous staged pics.

As for getting them to the PC, that's what the USB ports on a PS2 are for :)

D.E.

7. Riverweasel

Riverweasel

I have a dell 8200 P4 with 512mb ram and 64mb Gforce2 graphics card.
    Approx 5 years old.
    Is this game too graphically intence for my system?

Last time I played GT, it was GT2 on playstation.

8. djjordache

they are still on PS2 only...

ok I hate to sound like a retard (too late) but Do I just need a network adapter for the ps2 so I can see it on my home network? I got some really awesome cars, and the swordfish one is one of my fav's, that and the Aston Martin Vanquish...

9. DesertEagle

Hehe, not at all..

I'll give ya a hint:

Clicky on Linky

Just be careful which one ya get, some work some don't. From what I hear, the mini's don't. Micro's do. My 512 works fine.

D.E.

10. DesertEagle

Few more Glory Shots

BMW M3 CSR #1

11. DesertEagle

12. DesertEagle

My new desktop background

13. BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee Reluctantly Deplorable!

My current obsession is with lap times on the Nurbergring. So far I've done a 5'38.009" in the Toyota 88C-V, not perfectly clean but close and no getoffs that helped my time.:)

14. DesertEagle

Nurbergring is definately quite an experiance. Has just about every driving situation there is. Up, down, up and left, up and right, down and left, down and right, right, left, 2 mile straight.

But what I really enjoy is loading up the Cirque De La Sarthe version 2 (no chicanes in the back 4 mile straight) ;f

Max Speed test for real.

D.E.

15. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

How about some tuning tips? Suspension/LSD/driving aids, etc

16. don51181

don51181

Anyone have the problem were the game would not play on ps2? I had to ship my ps2 to cali. for sony to fix it. Hopeful I will have it by the end of next week.

17. djjordache

did you have a older version of the ps2? mine is 39001 and I don't have any problems with it, but i have heard of several other people in the same boat as you

18. don51181

don51181

It was about 2-3 years old. They are fixing it for free as far as I know. Except the $20 to ship it there. All my other games play and never had this problem before. Something Sony screwed up and needs to correct.

19. One Ragged Hole

One Ragged Hole Dis ain't funny

This game rocks. I posted a new thread before I saw this one. Maybe someone has an answer on how to win the last driving mission. It's the only one I can't get so far.
    O-R-H