"The NRA...." - okay, what does that mean?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jdavionic, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I find it amusing that the press and politicians routinely cite "The NRA is...[insert negative remark here]"

They speak as if the NRA is a some company with a CEO that is hated and crazy. Funny, they don't speak in the same manner of many liberal organizations. In the latter, they recognize that these are just that...organizations that are comprised on members. In the references to the NRA, they go out of their way to cite the organization as a select few that most people disagree with. So they are essentially saying the millions of members are irrelevant?

NAACP membership < 1 million...
    NOW membership ~0.5 million

NRA ~ 5 million

Isn't it sad that they can acknowledge the NAACP, NOW, and others as a voice for Americans, but yet the NRA is an entity that is only the voice of a crazy minority.

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

3. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Good info.

It's kills me that the press and politicians keep touting that "Americans don't agree with the NRA." I just heard it again on This Week (ABC show). The NRA is an organization comprised of 5 million Americans. The press and politicians are just amazing in their complete discount of this fact.