The NHL now disgusts me.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by catman71, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Glock1963

Glock1963

I was getting ready to fire off a nearly identical message to Jame. You beat me to it.

bababoris likes this.
  2. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Well, I don’t want to put words in your mouth, so I’ll just ask the question.

Would it make you two more comfortable if I would just roll over for you, tell you that you’re right, and promise that I’ll go along with whatever you say?

Is it your preference that everyone agree with you?

Because your two messages, back to back, seem to confirm my thoughts.

Rizzo likes this.

3. Glock1963

Glock1963

I’ve never claimed they couldn’t kneel. I simply don’t support a lot of their agenda and, even if I did, I don’t want political issues piped into my living room and fed to me like it’s gospel by someone hitting a ball with a stick or throwing it through a metal ring.

Therefore, my personal decision is to move on and find another source of entertainment to fill that void. I WAS an avid MLB (Chicago White Sox) fan.

They have the right to protest. I have the right to no longer support them. That’s the choice I’ve made.

Bus007 and Sharkey like this.
  4. bababoris

bababoris

Do what you want, I could care less. That is what makes America still the greatest country in the world. Something that those kneeling a holes don’t seem to realize. But don’t compare our choose to not watch hockey as being on par with how the left treats those with whom they disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Glock1963

Glock1963

I’m not too worried about confirming your thoughts and I don’t care if you agree with me or not.

6. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam

Quite a few demanded that they stand and quite loudly called for them to be fired over it.

Ironically, by taking a knee, they’re behaving more patriotically than many calling them idiots/confused/un American.

7. Sharkey

Sharkey

See you are right, I forgot the Deanster. Maybe all three of you can watch the games and report to the Neilson ratings since all the wrong fans have left after being snowflakes and weak in spirit?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Glock1963 likes this.
  8. Sharkey

Sharkey

Wrong. I don't care what one soldier told Colin. He could have told that Commie to stand on his head to show respect for this country while the Anthem is played.

What I am claiming is that kneeling during the Anthem is a sign of disrespect. There is a difference. The fact that so many others also think that validates that claim. Look at Colin's other behavior. It also jives ( can I say that) for the disdain he has for this nation and its flag. Again, he is free to do that on his time as is every other pro athlete. What is the reason they are doing it for again? I 2onder if Colin's parents were systematically racist toward him?

Bus007 likes this.
  9. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Funny, that’s not what you claimed earlier.

You have a bad track record of getting calmed on something, writing a whole lot to distract from the fact that you’ll never own it and slightly change your argument even going so far as to pretend you didn’t say what you’ve been quoted as saying.

Sad, sacrificing your integrity over someone else’s choice to kneel. Atleast if you owned it, even wrong as it may be you could say you stood behind your convictions

Rizzo likes this.
  10. IvanVic

IvanVic

You are really gullible.

Bus007, Glock1963 and Sharkey like this.
  11. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

The only "injustice" veing protested is how whites and Asians are being discriminated against. The leftists want more and more inequality where some races get affirmative action special rights and handouts, and others get none. Just based on the color of your skin. Racist leftists support this discrimination.

Stand up for equality.

Inyo Tim and G26-Has-my-6 like this.
  12. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

Here is my take and it is probably worth what you are paying for it. Stop playing the anthem before sporting events. It has no place there. Perhaps international sporting events but not at every game, every time, every day. It loses it's meaning. There are times I hear the anthem and my eyes water up. But at sporting events I watch my fellow spectators and many times am disgusted by their behavior. I disagree with taking a knee but I'll say this: While taking a knee those players show more solemnity than many of the standing players and of course a good number of the fans. Flame me if you must.

View: https://youtu.be/xwrX-LN9-L0

13. Sharkey

Sharkey

Fine, spit it out what did I claim that I backtracked on?
    Jame wants to talk about my conservatism and you want to talk about my integrity and yet neither of you'll know me.

It is just smoke n mirrors but hey whatever. You know who also does that? Democrats. So far we are weak spirited and snowflakes from you'll and to the Democrats I am a racist bigot terrorist that clings to his guns and his religion. Sound familiar?

Didn't you say I was making it about you and personally attacked you? What the f'k is your above post? Another hypocrite in a sea of hypocrites.

Glock1963 likes this.
  14. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Kind of a hollow sentiment from the guy with a hook in his mouth....

15. jbsimm2

jbsimm2

Just curious, a sign of disrespect to whom? I was a Marine, I dont know anybody who actuall served that finds this disrespectful. Only fake conservatives that dont actually believe in freedom of speech. It is more respectful than the 90% of fans in the stand (which includes conservatives) that either dont stand, or stand and continue eating or drinking their beers or shifting around or scrathing or talking to friends.

Rizzo and jame like this.
  16. Squid1

Squid1

P
    Please re-read my post yesterday at 4:32: “It’s not the kneeling.” I, and obviously many MANY others recognize and dislike the use of any venue which uses the National anthem playing to draw attention to their personal concerns.” Standing is the National gesture to show respect. Anything else is disrespectful! ...and you are completely wrong when you said that standing “...is the recent MO.” Have you never gone to a ball game - anywhere?

Bus007 and Sharkey like this.
  17. Squid1

Squid1

I don’t care if you agree with me or not. We both have the right to disagree. I’m using GT forum to demonstrate, as are others, that there are patriots who find it disrespectful to not stand during the National anthem.

Bus007 likes this.
  18. Squid1

Squid1

C
    C’mon grunt. I spent my time as a US Navy corpsman with marine time and I find it disrespectful to use the National anthem to draw attention to a favorite issue. Now you do know “one person”. Perhaps you missed the “Squid” handle?

19. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

Issues here aside. God Bless US Navy Corpsmen. Marine should be capitalized. Probably a typo on your part. :)

20. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Lol, now that’s irony.