GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I think you’re confused. No one is stopping them. We are free to call them out for being idiots, confused, for being used, for being hypocritical and for being un American. But they can do what they want and we will chose to vote with our dollars and not consume their products. We will see how it all turns out. Look at the NBA and MLB ratings to get a glimpse.
As for mob rule I suspect that not a single conservative will seek out their home address or follow them home or attempt to vandalize their cars or block the roads out of stockings preventing these ahole athletes from going home. I can’t say the same for someone wearing a maga hat or having a a Trump sticker on their car.
Trust me when conservatives start acting as a mob you will know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was getting ready to fire off a nearly identical message to Jame. You beat me to it.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,794 Posts
I was getting ready to fire off a nearly identical message to Jame. You beat me to it.
Well, I don’t want to put words in your mouth, so I’ll just ask the question.

Would it make you two more comfortable if I would just roll over for you, tell you that you’re right, and promise that I’ll go along with whatever you say?

Is it your preference that everyone agree with you?

Because your two messages, back to back, seem to confirm my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
What concerns me is the expectation that we’ll should all march in lock step with popular opinion.

Everyone in this country has the God given rights as spelled out in the the founding documents. That specifically includes the right to peacefully protest, or speak out as you see fit.

These athletes aren’t breaking windows or setting fires. They have a voice and deserve to be heard, just like anyone else.

Many here seem to want to staunchly defend the 2nd. But how about the 1st. The 3rd? How about the 4th?

I will not now, nor will I ever bend to the will of the gathering mob, whether it comes from the left or the right. This country is beginning to tilt towards mob rule, and I will have no part in that, other than resistance.
I’ve never claimed they couldn’t kneel. I simply don’t support a lot of their agenda and, even if I did, I don’t want political issues piped into my living room and fed to me like it’s gospel by someone hitting a ball with a stick or throwing it through a metal ring.

Therefore, my personal decision is to move on and find another source of entertainment to fill that void. I WAS an avid MLB (Chicago White Sox) fan.

They have the right to protest. I have the right to no longer support them. That’s the choice I’ve made.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Would it make you two more comfortable if I would just roll over for you, tell you that you’re right, and promise that I’ll go along with whatever you say?

Do what you want, I could care less. That is what makes America still the greatest country in the world. Something that those kneeling a holes don’t seem to realize. But don’t compare our choose to not watch hockey as being on par with how the left treats those with whom they disagree.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

I’m not too worried about confirming your thoughts and I don’t care if you agree with me or not.

·
AAAMAD
30,933 Posts
I think you’re confused. No one is stopping them. We are free to call them out for being idiots, confused, for being used, for being hypocritical and for being un American. But they can do what they want and we will chose to vote with our dollars and not consume their products. We will see how it all turns out. Look at the NBA and MLB ratings to get a glimpse.
As for mob rule I suspect that not a single conservative will seek out their home address or follow them home or attempt to vandalize their cars or block the roads out of stockings preventing these ahole athletes from going home. I can’t say the same for someone wearing a maga hat or having a a Trump sticker on their car.
Trust me when conservatives start acting as a mob you will know.

Quite a few demanded that they stand and quite loudly called for them to be fired over it.

Ironically, by taking a knee, they’re behaving more patriotically than many calling them idiots/confused/un American.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
You forgot Deanster. He’s not wrong, either.

So, just to add it up for you, it’s me, AK Stick, and Deanster.

And maybe someone else that posts after I do. But everyone else is wrong, just like you said.

Oh, and anyone else that might happen to “like” our posts. They’re also not wrong by default.
See you are right, I forgot the Deanster. Maybe all three of you can watch the games and report to the Neilson ratings since all the wrong fans have left after being snowflakes and weak in spirit?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
You keep claiming that kneeling was not specifically chosen to show respect.

Time to support your claim.

And I wouldn’t really mind if I was the only person who felt that way (though I’m not.) My morales aren’t swayed by being unpopular. Especially when the group is so often wrong.
Wrong. I don't care what one soldier told Colin. He could have told that Commie to stand on his head to show respect for this country while the Anthem is played.

What I am claiming is that kneeling during the Anthem is a sign of disrespect. There is a difference. The fact that so many others also think that validates that claim. Look at Colin's other behavior. It also jives ( can I say that) for the disdain he has for this nation and its flag. Again, he is free to do that on his time as is every other pro athlete. What is the reason they are doing it for again? I 2onder if Colin's parents were systematically racist toward him?

Reactions: Bus007

·
AAAMAD
30,933 Posts
Wrong. I don't care what one soldier told Colin. He could have told that Commie to stand on his head to show respect for this country while the Anthem is played.

What I am claiming is that kneeling during the Anthem is a sign of disrespect. There is a difference. The fact that so many others also think that validates that claim. Look at Colin's other behavior. It also jives ( can I say that) for the disdain he has for this nation and its flag. Again, he is free to do that on his time as is every other pro athlete. What is the reason they are doing it for again? I 2onder if Colin's parents were systematically racist toward him?

Funny, that’s not what you claimed earlier.

You have a bad track record of getting calmed on something, writing a whole lot to distract from the fact that you’ll never own it and slightly change your argument even going so far as to pretend you didn’t say what you’ve been quoted as saying.

Sad, sacrificing your integrity over someone else’s choice to kneel. Atleast if you owned it, even wrong as it may be you could say you stood behind your convictions

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
Yes I understand that standing has been the recent MO at sports events.

My question is what exactly do you find disrespectful about kneeling?

Kneeling in front of someone has long been a sign of respect and/or loyalty. Kneeling was specifically chosen as a act of respect for the military, because a SF soldier reached out to Kaepernick, and suggested it as an alternative to sitting on the bleachers.
You should probably read back a page or two, the article that explains how they came to kneel was posted.

You don’t have to agree with their protest. (I don’t). But if you try to argue they’re being disrespectful, you’re just arguing that you’re ill informed, or choosing to be incorrect.

Which is perfectly ok, just be honest about it.
I don’t believe either of those were in question.

Although it’s not “their” perceived injustice. It’s America’s injustice as a whole.
You are really gullible.

·
Registered
32,817 Posts
The only "injustice" veing protested is how whites and Asians are being discriminated against. The leftists want more and more inequality where some races get affirmative action special rights and handouts, and others get none. Just based on the color of your skin. Racist leftists support this discrimination.

Stand up for equality.

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,510 Posts
Here is my take and it is probably worth what you are paying for it. Stop playing the anthem before sporting events. It has no place there. Perhaps international sporting events but not at every game, every time, every day. It loses it's meaning. There are times I hear the anthem and my eyes water up. But at sporting events I watch my fellow spectators and many times am disgusted by their behavior. I disagree with taking a knee but I'll say this: While taking a knee those players show more solemnity than many of the standing players and of course a good number of the fans. Flame me if you must.
View: https://youtu.be/xwrX-LN9-L0

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
Funny, that’s not what you claimed earlier.

You have a bad track record of getting calmed on something, writing a whole lot to distract from the fact that you’ll never own it and slightly change your argument even going so far as to pretend you didn’t say what you’ve been quoted as saying.

Sad, sacrificing your integrity over someone else’s choice to kneel. Atleast if you owned it, even wrong as it may be you could say you stood behind your convictions
Fine, spit it out what did I claim that I backtracked on?
Jame wants to talk about my conservatism and you want to talk about my integrity and yet neither of you'll know me.

It is just smoke n mirrors but hey whatever. You know who also does that? Democrats. So far we are weak spirited and snowflakes from you'll and to the Democrats I am a racist bigot terrorist that clings to his guns and his religion. Sound familiar?

Didn't you say I was making it about you and personally attacked you? What the f'k is your above post? Another hypocrite in a sea of hypocrites.

·
Registered
310 Posts
What I am claiming is that kneeling during the Anthem is a sign of disrespect. There is a difference. The fact that so many
Just curious, a sign of disrespect to whom? I was a Marine, I dont know anybody who actuall served that finds this disrespectful. Only fake conservatives that dont actually believe in freedom of speech. It is more respectful than the 90% of fans in the stand (which includes conservatives) that either dont stand, or stand and continue eating or drinking their beers or shifting around or scrathing or talking to friends.

·
Banned
458 Posts
P
You keep claiming that kneeling was not specifically chosen to show respect.

Time to support your claim.

And I wouldn’t really mind if I was the only person who felt that way (though I’m not.) My morales aren’t swayed by being unpopular. Especially when the group is so often wrong.
Please re-read my post yesterday at 4:32: “It’s not the kneeling.” I, and obviously many MANY others recognize and dislike the use of any venue which uses the National anthem playing to draw attention to their personal concerns.” Standing is the National gesture to show respect. Anything else is disrespectful! ...and you are completely wrong when you said that standing “...is the recent MO.” Have you never gone to a ball game - anywhere?

·
Banned
458 Posts

I don’t care if you agree with me or not. We both have the right to disagree. I’m using GT forum to demonstrate, as are others, that there are patriots who find it disrespectful to not stand during the National anthem.

·
Banned
458 Posts
C
Just curious, a sign of disrespect to whom? I was a Marine, I dont know anybody who actuall served that finds this disrespectful. Only fake conservatives that dont actually believe in freedom of speech. It is more respectful than the 90% of fans in the stand (which includes conservatives) that either dont stand, or stand and continue eating or drinking their beers or shifting around or scrathing or talking to friends.
C’mon grunt. I spent my time as a US Navy corpsman with marine time and I find it disrespectful to use the National anthem to draw attention to a favorite issue. Now you do know “one person”. Perhaps you missed the “Squid” handle?

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,510 Posts
Issues here aside. God Bless US Navy Corpsmen. Marine should be capitalized. Probably a typo on your part. :)

·
AAAMAD
30,933 Posts
I don’t care if you agree with me or not. We both have the right to disagree. I’m using GT forum to demonstrate, as are others, that there are patriots who find it disrespectful to not stand during the National anthem.

Lol, now that’s irony.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts