GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Banned
458 Posts
Didn’t anybody hear the announcement just before the National anthem played : “blacks are ordered to kneel in obeisance ......”

·
Banned
458 Posts
They’re kneeling specifically because it was chosen as a respectful gesture to honor the military’s sacrifice for the flag while protesting an injustice.

Conservative snowflakes
“But sports man kneeing baddd”
Reality check: The “respectful gesture” is to STAND in recognition of everything the American Anthem stands for. NOT an opportunity to grandstand for your favorite issue! Perhaps you’re new to the U.S.? Or are suffering from a bad upbringing?

·
AAAMAD
31,330 Posts
Reality check: The “respectful gesture” is to STAND in recognition of everything the American Anthem stands for. NOT an opportunity to grandstand for your favorite issue! Perhaps you’re new to the U.S.? Or are suffering from a bad upbringing?
What exactly is disrespectful to you about kneeling?

·
Registered
15,094 Posts
You’re trying very hard to make this about me.

If you have some actual proof of what you’re claiming why don’t you post it?

Hollow insults designed to distract attention don’t hold much water.
Pfft, you stated I was attacking you. I am only replying to what you post. What exactly am I "claiming" other than I disagree with you and think what you posted is cow excrement? How exactly have I insulted you?
I would think people would get tired of playing the victim when they are called out on their post but I guess not?

·
Registered
15,094 Posts
It continually shocks me how much having a growth mindset upsets people, whether on a personal or professional level.

Learn new skills, expand your thinking, dedicate yourself to making things around you better/faster/more robust/more resilient/more fun/easier...

People HATE this kind of thinking and behavior with a passion. Maybe it highlights their own unwillingness to learn/grow?

I find it baffling, but it's sure a common theme.
Man, you should take that to the streets of Portland or Minneapolis. Maybe the NFL can hire you as a life coach? I am continually shocked by the amount of citizens that embrace communism myself.

·
AAAMAD
31,330 Posts
Pfft, you stated I was attacking you. I am only replying to what you post. What exactly am I "claiming" other than I disagree with you and think what you posted is cow excrement? How exactly have I insulted you?
I would think people would get tired of playing the victim when they are called out on their post but I guess not?

That’s a lot of words to avoid having to provide proof of your claims.

·
AAAMAD
31,330 Posts
What part do you not understand in: “The respectful gesture is to stand...”

Yes I understand that standing has been the recent MO at sports events.

My question is what exactly do you find disrespectful about kneeling?

Kneeling in front of someone has long been a sign of respect and/or loyalty. Kneeling was specifically chosen as a act of respect for the military, because a SF soldier reached out to Kaepernick, and suggested it as an alternative to sitting on the bleachers.

·
Banned
458 Posts
Yes I understand that standing has been the recent MO at sports events.

My question is what exactly do you find disrespectful about kneeling?

Kneeling in front of someone has long been a sign of respect and/or loyalty. Kneeling was specifically chosen as a act of respect for the military, because a SF soldier reached out to Kaepernick, and suggested it as an alternative to sitting on the bleachers.
We’re still not communicating here. It’s not the kneeling -it’s the deliberate failure to follow community standards of standing as the sign of respect. With respect to you, I believe you’re completely wrong in saying someone is kneeling as a deliberate sign of respect. This kneeling is a deliberate effort to NOT stand and use the event in a self-serving effort to bring attention to their current concern.

·
AAAMAD
31,330 Posts
We’re still not communicating here. It’s not the kneeling -it’s the deliberate failure to follow community standards of standing as the sign of respect. With respect to you, I believe you’re completely wrong in saying someone is kneeling as a deliberate sign of respect. This kneeling is a deliberate effort to NOT stand and use the event in a self-serving effort to bring attention to their current concern.

You should probably read back a page or two, the article that explains how they came to kneel was posted.

You don’t have to agree with their protest. (I don’t). But if you try to argue they’re being disrespectful, you’re just arguing that you’re ill informed, or choosing to be incorrect.

Which is perfectly ok, just be honest about it.

·
Banned
458 Posts
You should probably read back a page or two, the article that explains how they came to kneel was posted.

You don’t have to agree with their protest. (I don’t). But if you try to argue they’re being disrespectful, you’re just arguing that you’re ill informed, or choosing to be incorrect.

Which is perfectly ok, just be honest about it.
Do we agree that the reason they’re kneeling is to draw attention to their perceived injustice? Do we also perhaps agree that the community at large (U.S.) stand when the National anthem is played?

·
AAAMAD
31,330 Posts
Do we agree that the reason they’re kneeling is to draw attention to their perceived injustice? Do we also perhaps agree that the community at large (U.S.) stand when the National anthem is played?
I don’t believe either of those were in question.

Although it’s not “their” perceived injustice. It’s America’s injustice as a whole.

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Hockey peaked in the 80's/90's with the major network money, expanded teams and nationwide games.

Then they struck for more money. The networks told them to take a hike.

Now they're on secondary/third rate channels.

I think a lot of teams, stadiums will go broke in all sports.

NASCAR will be the first to go.

·
Registered
15,094 Posts
That’s a lot of words to avoid having to provide proof of your claims.
Haha, I don't even know what the hell you are talking about now. Spit it out if you want to continue the conversation. What am I claiming and what proof have I not provided. Look how many people disagree with you here (Jame being the exception). We call that a clue.

·
Registered
15,094 Posts
Yeah, AK_Stick posted an article from the LA Times on how a soldier told Colin to kneel to be respectful so it has to be true right? 1 soldiers hold the patent on being respectful when the Anthem is played. Everyone here is wrong except AK_Stick and Jame.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,884 Posts
Yeah, AK_Stick posted an article from the LA Times on how a soldier told Colin to kneel to be respectful so it has to be true right? 1 soldiers hold the patent on being respectful when the Anthem is played. Everyone here is wrong except AK_Stick and Jame.
You forgot Deanster. He’s not wrong, either.

So, just to add it up for you, it’s me, AK Stick, and Deanster.

And maybe someone else that posts after I do. But everyone else is wrong, just like you said.

Oh, and anyone else that might happen to “like” our posts. They’re also not wrong by default.

·
AAAMAD
31,330 Posts
Haha, I don't even know what the hell you are talking about now. Spit it out if you want to continue the conversation. What am I claiming and what proof have I not provided. Look how many people disagree with you here (Jame being the exception). We call that a clue.

You keep claiming that kneeling was not specifically chosen to show respect.

Time to support your claim.

And I wouldn’t really mind if I was the only person who felt that way (though I’m not.) My morales aren’t swayed by being unpopular. Especially when the group is so often wrong.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Snowflakes, sensitive, false conservatives, weak spirited, Trumptards (or whatever), etc. All terms being used against people who feel others should respect their own country’s national anthem and stand.

It’s hard to wrap my head around and I am reading it on a gun board, no less.

Whatever floats your boat and call me what you will, but I’m done with all the major sports.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,884 Posts
Snowflakes, sensitive, false conservatives, weak spirited, Trumptards (or whatever), etc. All terms being used against people who feel others should respect their own country’s national anthem and stand.

It’s hard to wrap my head around and I am reading it on a gun board, no less.

Whatever floats your boat and call me what you will, but I’m done with all the major sports.
What concerns me is the expectation that we’ll should all march in lock step with popular opinion.

Everyone in this country has the God given rights as spelled out in the the founding documents. That specifically includes the right to peacefully protest, or speak out as you see fit.

These athletes aren’t breaking windows or setting fires. They have a voice and deserve to be heard, just like anyone else.

Many here seem to want to staunchly defend the 2nd. But how about the 1st. The 3rd? How about the 4th?

I will not now, nor will I ever bend to the will of the gathering mob, whether it comes from the left or the right. This country is beginning to tilt towards mob rule, and I will have no part in that, other than resistance.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
What concerns me is the expectation that we’ll should all march in lock step with popular opinion.

Everyone in this country has the God given rights as spelled out in the the founding documents. That specifically includes the right to peacefully protest, or speak out as you see fit.

These athletes aren’t breaking windows or setting fires. They have a voice and deserve to be heard, just like anyone else.

Many here seem to want to staunchly defend the 2nd. But how about the 1st. The 3rd? How about the 4th?

I will not now, nor will I ever bend to the will of the gathering mob, whether it comes from the left or the right. This country is beginning to tilt towards mob rule, and I will have no part in that, other than resistance.
I think you’re confused. No one is stopping them. We are free to call them out for being idiots, confused, for being used, for being hypocritical and for being un American. But they can do what they want and we will chose to vote with our dollars and not consume their products. We will see how it all turns out. Look at the NBA and MLB ratings to get a glimpse.
As for mob rule I suspect that not a single conservative will seek out their home address or follow them home or attempt to vandalize their cars or block the roads out of stockings preventing these ahole athletes from going home. I can’t say the same for someone wearing a maga hat or having a a Trump sticker on their car.
Trust me when conservatives start acting as a mob you will know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 169 Posts