GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 169 Posts

·
AAAMAD
30,976 Posts
...true story. Best part is they are "defunding" themselves in the process.. Win win for me, they provided no product or service but they took away from otherwise intelligent programming while promoting a non-essential "skill".

I know, I do. Don't care.

Yep, and if they put themselves out of business through it, I have no issue with it.

I just find the trumptardian fake patriotism hilarious.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,020 Posts
Yep, and if they put themselves out of business through it, I have no issue with it.

I just find the trumptardian fake patriotism hilarious.

Sad, not hilarious, not anymore sad... Where did all the "regular" folks go? Where did the "smart" people go that thought that the "regular people" were sad.... How did we become so stupid so quick?

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
Lol. They are doing it on their time.
Tell the owners that. Oh lordy, was that racist? Can we even use the term "owners"? For those pitiful but certainly well paid and talented athletes, it's almost like being on the plantation all over again............well if they ever were on a plantation which of course they weren't.

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Tell the owners that. Oh lordy, was that racist? Can we even use the term "owners"? For those pitiful but certainly well paid and talented athletes, it's almost like being on the plantation all over again............well if they ever were on a plantation which of course they weren't.
My company has an owner. I work for him. Where my reparations at?

·
This is Barta!
252 Posts
Would have been awesome if the Oiler cross checked him while the Blackhawk did a rain dance around him.

This may be the first time in my life, since I was 4 yrs old, that I do not watch the Dallas Cowboys. At least my Tx Longhorns said “screw you” and kept their school song.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
View attachment 804528

The turd kneeling is from my Minnesota Wild.
He’s not even an American. He’s a Canadian who apparently can hold his nose long enough to play in America to collect a huge check but somehow as a Canadian black athlete he is repressed.
He has said he will no longer kneel, but instead put his “black power” fist Up.

I just cancelled my sling tv and nhl network. I’m out.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for black hockey players but I’m there for a distraction from reality, and BLM is a Marxist communist group as interested in saving black lives as an abortion doctor.
I would kneel for O Canada!

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
They all have a right to kneel for what they believe in... just like I have a right to change the channel or do something around the house...

no harm no foul :dunno:
Well if it is in their contract like I believe the NHL has, no they don't have that right.

Is it really no harm? From a ratings standpoint, the owners probably weren't happy this weekend. Not only that but many of these ARE role models and you would think a pro athlete with a signed million dollar contract might be a bit respectful and appreciative that they live in a country where they are able to attain that. Why so many get behind a violent ex felon is beyond me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
AAAMAD
30,976 Posts
Well if it is in their contract like I believe the NHL has, no they don't have that right.

Is it really no harm? From a ratings standpoint, the owners probably weren't happy this weekend. Not only that but many of these ARE role models and you would think a pro athlete with a signed million dollar contract might be a bit respectful and appreciative that they live in a country where they are able to attain that. Why so many get behind a violent ex felon is beyond me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

lol. You think the NHL was hurting for viewers this week?

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
lol. You think the NHL was hurting for viewers this week?
Should have been more specific. I was speaking about NBA and MLB. I haven't seen the ratings for NHL. At one game opener, the pic showed no one kneeling on the ice so yeah, I'm sure their ratings are fine.

Do you disagree the ratings weren't in the tank for the NBA and MLB?

·
AAAMAD
30,976 Posts
Should have been more specific. I was speaking about NBA and MLB. I haven't seen the ratings for NHL. At one game opener, the pic showed no one kneeling on the ice so yeah, I'm sure their ratings are fine.

Do you disagree the ratings weren't in the tank for the NBA and MLB?
I have no idea. I think the last baseball game I watched was in 07 during spring training.

·
Rottweilers making America great again!
3,344 Posts
I'm still on the fence with the NHL's response to the current BLM mob mentality.
The league hasn't sponsored or embraced the racist BLM message like the NFL or NBA.

It is disappointing to see the handful of players feel they have the need to disrespect the anthem. If the kneeling becomes widespread or the NHL defaces the playing surface with a racist BLM message I will lose interest real fast.

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
I think some here refer to them as “snowflakes”.
So you are weak spirited if you disagree with something? That is typically not the definition of "snowflake" but you probably know that already.

Maybe say it enough like AK Stick and weak spirited people here will believe that too?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I am having a difficult time with the 'play-off' round robin bull feces.
NHL should have just called it a season, NOT awarded the Stanley Cup for 2019-20.
Which would cost the league/owners more lost revenue kneelers or no play-offs?

Reactions: rayzer007

·
AAAMAD
30,976 Posts
So you are weak spirited if you disagree with something? That is typically not the definition of "snowflake" but you probably know that already.

Maybe say it enough like AK Stick and weak spirited people here will believe that too?

I’d be curious to see your definition of snowflake.

His use of it does fit the common usage quite well.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
One thing i have against the "kneeling" is some of those players are just doing it because they have been pressured and bowed to it, just like what happen to Drew Brees, he said how he felt and the "social justice" harassers crawled all over him, you better kneel or they will come after you which is complete BS.....for a FAKE narrative, too much politics in "sports" now.

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
I’d be curious to see your definition of snowflake.

His use of it does fit the common usage quite well.
You keep peddaling a false narrative, why? When did the term snowflake come about? We both know for who that term is mostly used and it is NOT used for those that want to honor this country and its flag. It is like you calling us weak in spirit or you saying kneeling is a way to respect the military while protesting against supposed social injustice against POC. It is ludicrous but leftist viewpoints usually are.

·
AAAMAD
30,976 Posts
You keep peddaling a false narrative, why? When did the term snowflake come about? We both know for who that term is mostly used and it is NOT used for those that want to honor this country and its flag. It is like you calling us weak in spirit or you saying kneeling is a way to respect the military while protesting against supposed social injustice against POC. It is ludicrous but leftist viewpoints usually are.

Why are you lying about such easily provable things?

Do you think you’re fooling anyone?

I understand your desire to paint me as a leftist because you can’t actually combat what I’m saying, so you have to attack my credibility to dismiss what I’ve said.
You should urban dictionary snowflake. I would include a link, but it’s flagged on GT. It does not support your assertion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...ick-kneel-boyer-20180916-story.html?_amp=true

You could at the very least stop pedaling such easily disprovable lies?

81 - 100 of 169 Posts