GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Former Marine here. Kneeling doesnt bother me one bit. It isnt any more disrespectful than Marines scrambling to get in doors before evening colors so they dont have to stand for it. Happens everyday on bases all over the country.

·
Super Moderator
54,897 Posts
GT Rules of Conduct Rule #6. "Posts, avatars and signature lines with sexually suggestive or explicit content are not allowed."

GT Rules of Conduct Rule #3. "No rude or defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable material or statements."

#3 covers accusing another member of being a pedophile.

Some members have been reply-banned from this thread for their behavior.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
View attachment 804528

The turd kneeling is from my Minnesota Wild.
He’s not even an American. He’s a Canadian who apparently can hold his nose long enough to play in America to collect a huge check but somehow as a Canadian black athlete he is repressed.
He has said he will no longer kneel, but instead put his “black power” fist Up.

I just cancelled my sling tv and nhl network. I’m out.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for black hockey players but I’m there for a distraction from reality, and BLM is a Marxist communist group as interested in saving black lives as an abortion doctor.
I've started watching the commercials, and when I see who is advertising, I get on their web site and leave a message saying I will no longer buy their products. For those that FB, they should do the same, get people to say "No more Ford, I'll buy Honda next time around" and pass it on, and say why - till FB shuts it down to to terrorist boycotting leftist progressive companies. These are money driven companies cashing in on the drama- won't shut Ford down, but will give them unpleasant exposure.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Now we have an ESPN commentator gloating that a NBA player, the only one on his team that didn't kneel, blew his knee out. Wonderful. UFC should have never contacted with ESPN. Their online site blows.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,784 Posts
Last hope for sane sports,

Reactions: catman71

·
Cheese?
9,732 Posts
I'm happy to watch whatever sports I enjoy, and I feel like taking a knee during the anthem is a silent and still statement regarding a cause the participants feel deeply about.

It seems vastly more safe and respectful to me than screaming in the streets throwing things at cops.

I just can't get too worked up about whether athletes sit, stand, kneel, lie down or dance the Lindy for three minutes before a game, as long as they do it in silence.

On the plus side, now that the Kraken are coming to Seattle next year, I need to watch the NHL playoffs a bit to get up to speed on hockey.

·
AAAMAD
30,929 Posts
I'm happy to watch whatever sports I enjoy, and I feel like taking a knee during the anthem is a silent and still statement regarding a cause the participants feel deeply about.

It seems vastly more safe and respectful to me than screaming in the streets throwing things at cops.

I just can't get too worked up about whether athletes sit, stand, kneel, lie down or dance the Lindy for three minutes before a game, as long as they do it in silence.

On the plus side, now that the Kraken are coming to Seattle next year, I need to watch the NHL playoffs a bit to get up to speed on hockey.

You’re in Seattle?

We’ll have to grab a brew or two at a game. I’m planning to come down for a couple, might even bite my tongue and root for a Seattle team for once.

·
rip "Bud"
9,026 Posts
What is Hockey?

Reactions: rayzer007

·
Registered
141 Posts
They only did this for the National NBC game. So boycott NBC too if you boycott the NHL.

Dumba sounded really nervous when he was speaking. I bet he was put up to it, but of course he didn’t say no. And the fact he stood for the Canadian anthem and not the US is ridiculous. As if only Americans are racist.

Besides this and some other minor things in other gsme, the NHL has been way low key with this garbage compared to the NFL or NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,508 Posts
I've watched almost a dozen NHL games since the weekend. No BLM painted under the ice or BLM patches on the uniforms. Much different than MLB, NFL or NBA.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
I don't mind the kneeling. It bothered me at first because I didn't understand at all what Kap was doing as I don't think most of the players did, but now, I would rather all the protesters would kneel rather than tear crap up.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
It is not an either or proposition, kneeling is better than tearing chit up. How about you don't tear chit up and you stand for the anthem like almost every fan there because it is respectful. If you hate America and/or you are protesting a supposed injustice, do it on your own time.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Cheese?
9,732 Posts
You’re in Seattle?

We’ll have to grab a brew or two at a game. I’m planning to come down for a couple, might even bite my tongue and root for a Seattle team for once.
Sounds great, I’m always up for a beer and a game! Ping when you’re headed this way?

·
AAAMAD
30,929 Posts
It is not an either or proposition, kneeling is better than tearing chit up. How about you don't tear chit up and you stand for the anthem like almost every fan there because it is respectful. If you hate America and/or you are protesting a supposed injustice, do it on your own time.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Lol. They are doing it on their time.

·
Anti-Federalist
18,886 Posts
Lol. They are doing it on their time.

...true story. Best part is they are "defunding" themselves in the process.. Win win for me, they provided no product or service but they took away from otherwise intelligent programming while promoting a non-essential "skill".

I know, I do. Don't care.

61 - 80 of 169 Posts