close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The new to me 23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by s0urce, Jan 2, 2010.

1. s0urce

s0urce

Hello there, I'm new to Glock Talk - But here are a few pics and specs for my recent acquisition:

Got the glock all cleaned up tonight. Replaced the batteries on the lasermax and snapped a few pics:

Specs:
    Glock 23 (.40 S&W)
    Meprolight Tru-Dot Tritium Sights
    Insight Technology M3 Tactical Light
    Lasermax LMS-1131P Internal Laser Sight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. den888

den888

Congrats on the G23 !!!

3. DB9

DB9

Nice gun :thumbsup: I love mine.

4. coal

coal

Congrats and enjoy.

Be sure to run that G23 with the light mounted - one hand, weak hand and rapid fire, too - to be sure it runs reliably. Mine would not.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  5. bigcat1

bigcat1

6. cmcinc

cmcinc

Very nice...I know you will enjoy it.

7. bac1023

bac1023

:welcome: and congrats.

8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

:welcome: to GT, nice gun.

9. Conrad559

Conrad559

how do you like that laser/guide rod combo?

10. dc2integra

dc2integra

congrats n welcome :wavey: nice looking gun i was too thinking of buying a lasermax guide rod laser how do u like the spring is it stiffer than the stock glock one

11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats! I've been CC'ing my G23 for a good while now. I usually swap out my CC guns, but just can't seem to put the G23 back in the safe and grab something else.

12. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

13. frankmako

frankmako

hard to beat the g23.

14. Nicko

Nicko GTDS FOR LIFE

Nice pics. Congrats and welcome

15. s0urce

s0urce

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've shot about 250 Rounds this past week at LAX Firing Range in Los Angeles, and I'm really getting a good feel for this gun. One thing that I've noticed is that my slide is not locking back after the last shot. This is happening on four different magazines consistently so I've ruled out the possibility of a weak magazine spring. I'm thinking my thumb might be on top of the slide lock lever during my grip. Thoughts?

16. voyager4520

voyager4520

The slide not locking back: Considering the use of different magazines, you can probably rule out the magazines from being the issue. Either your thumb is riding the slide stop like you said, someone who previously removed/installed the slide stop didn't do it correctly, or the slide stop spring is weak. If it wasn't installed correctly, it could simply be slightly out of place or it could have been damaged. If the spring is weak, you'll need a new slide stop anyway.

Video on removal/installation of slide stop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9T7kstVogE
    I'd recommend if you're not comfortable doing this that you take it to a Certified Glock Armorer, but if you do it yourself there are a few tips to doing it correctly. First, the hole in the slide stop that the trigger pin slides through is meant to rest in the groove of the trigger pin. If the hole in the slide stop is rubbing against either side of this groove rather than freely centered in it, the slide stop will not work correctly and could be damaged. Second, when removing/installing the trigger pin you must not force the trigger pin. Wiggle the slide stop until the trigger pin slides through the hole in the slide stop freely. Third, in order to install the slide stop, the locking block pin must all ready be installed because the slide stop spring rests underneath the locking block pin. The tension of the spring against the bottom of the locking block pin is what gives the slide stop spring its tension.

Here's another useful video if you're a first time Glock owner. It's not related to your slide stop issue, but it's useful info. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_2ykakOgU&feature=related

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  17. Buki192327

Buki192327

Congrats and :welcome: to GT.

18. HogGlocker

HogGlocker Owner Since 88'

It is my mission in life to shoot all of my Glocks extremely well...

The 23 though....is likely my favorite of the herd and I do shoot it better than all the rest [no insult intended to my 27 or 32 as my other 2 fav carry Glocks].

The 23 is actually perfect for my hand size and body size for concealing......absolutely love mine.

Congrats....I agree, check the slide stop lever and ensure it is installed properly and that the spring on it is still okay/not damaged etc.....that or alter your grip if need be.

19. TriggerHappy007

TriggerHappy007

What a beautiful gun. I stared at it for minutes.....lol. Great purchase. I love my G23. Good luck and welcome to the family.

20. s0urce

s0urce

Thanks for the tips everyone. A quick followup on the slide lock after the last shot deal.

When I insert an empty mag and pull the slide back, it locks normally as it should. This should rule out a problem with the slide stop lever/spring correct?