Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just received mine and mounted a RDS but haven't had a chance to take for a test drive yet....
Plan to test next weekend.

Initial impressions out of box:
  • Trigger feels great (dry fire)
  • Overall size is excellent
  • Fit and finish is excellent
  • My pinky doesn't fit and will likely need the extended magazine for better comfort
  • My Shield RMS2 RDS does not lower co-witness the stock sights due to thick OEM plate
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
MacGyver
8,266 Posts
Wow!....Ticks all the magic marketing words:

"finest trigger available in a polymer-framed pistol. "
Match grade barrel
Every safety known to man
Ridges and bumps on top of ridges and bumps on every surface for that tacticool look
Ambi everything
Melonite
optics ready
deeper penetration!

One gun to replace all others.

Reactions: Lt. Donn

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I order one from Palmetto State Armory and it came in to the GS I went to sign the paperwork now I’m waiting for 14 days, it will be my EDC I didn’t get the red dot but I figure later if I want one I can get it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Wow!....Ticks all the magic marketing words:

"finest trigger available in a polymer-framed pistol. "
Match grade barrel
Every safety known to man
Ridges and bumps on top of ridges and bumps on every surface for that tacticool look
Ambi everything
Melonite
optics ready
deeper penetration!

One gun to replace all others.
I find the statement about finest polymer trigger available to be laughable. That statement is reserved for Walther/Hk/CZ.

Reactions: SGT67

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was at a gun show this weekend and was tempted. For those that have one, will the slide accept a red dot that does not require a plate? Like is it taped for the Shield configuration for use without adding a plate.

·
MacGyver
8,266 Posts
I find the statement about finest polymer trigger available to be laughable. That statement is reserved for Walther/Hk/CZ.
Right directly off of their website. You forgot Sig, Beretta, and Canik.

Is the slide not inset cut? Just tapped and threaded for mounting plates?
That's is disingenuous as "optic ready", given all the other features thrown into the gun.

Reactions: Para-bellum

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Right directly off of their website. You forgot Sig, Beretta, and Canik.

Is the slide not inset cut? Just tapped and threaded for mounting plates?
That's is disingenuous as "optic ready", given all the other features thrown into the gun.
Referencing the slide not being cut and just tapped is a deal breaker for me.

You’re right I did forget about Canik, I’m not as much a fan of Sig’s polymer triggers. Their hammer fired are pistols fantastic though. I find the polymer striker pistols to be mushy. Admittedly I now only own 365 & XL from them. I’ve also never fired berettas striker fired pistols, again the 92 has a very nice factory trigger. If we’re going that route I’d really say CZ has the best hammer fired non 1911/2011 trigger out of the box.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've been wanting to try one of these, but they havent reached stores around here yet

I couldn't find any also so what I did is to order one from Palmetto State Armory they should still have more of them.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I agree the trigger on mine is good for a polymer pistol. Mag release takes some force to release mags.Pretty snappy with SD loads. Liked it better than my modded G20 so kept it instead. Hi cap 10mm is cool…..

·
Rational
15,841 Posts
I'm waiting to see if they come out with a .45 ACP version, which they should now that the 10mm version is out there. If/when they do, I'm gonna replace my Glock with it as my carry gun.

If not that, then I'll take their 9mm offering. Personally speaking, I think 10mm is a bit too hot in a EDC gun, and I'm unlikely to encounter bears anytime soon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I handled one of these today. The slide stop will not work as a slide release if you are left handed and trying to use your left thumb to drop the slide. It wasn't meant to do this but it would have been nice for me. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm waiting to see if they come out with a .45 ACP version, which they should now that the 10mm version is out there. If/when they do, I'm gonna replace my Glock with it as my carry gun.

If not that, then I'll take their 9mm offering. Personally speaking, I think 10mm is a bit too hot in a EDC gun, and I'm unlikely to encounter bears anytime soon.

I figure that I have some leftover Underwood 150gr or I might have some 165gr SD and since winter is in and getting colder were people are wearing heavy clothes it will be prefect but that's my thinking.

Reactions: Jade Falcon
1 - 20 of 26 Posts