Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently there’s a new caliber by Glock on the market we haven’t heard about yet!

According to WMAL news report (Washington DC’s conservative talk radio station) the active shooter in MD used a “Glock 17mm”. This was reported by Heather Curtis of WMAL...

Seriously...am I crazy for expecting a conservative radio news report to have the basics on firearms down esp in the day of shootings everywhere????

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Single or double stack?

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
And I thought I was the only one who didn't know how to make metic to SAE conversions. BTW I still hate metric.

But I remember in the 50's and 60's, the schools were all preaching 'you've got to learn metric, it's the wave of the future'. They're still forcing that silly un-American system on us.

I will concede that for a scientist, it probably does make more sense. Got a son who's an engineer, and a daughter in law who's a chemist. They love it.

·
Registered
20,918 Posts
Oooh oooohhhhhhh. I want one!

·
Banned
7,627 Posts

·
Banned
7,284 Posts
Seriously...am I crazy for expecting a conservative radio news report to have the basics on firearms down esp in the day of shootings everywhere????
Not crazy, just silly. It's a simple mistake. These people are journalists, not gun people. The person that said that probably hasn't even seen a Glock in person, much less shot one. Even conservative leaning news sources don't know much about guns, and they have more important things to do with their life than sit around gun boards jawboning about guns.

And how do you know that is not how the LE mouthpiece put it when they were briefing the reporters?

It really didn't matter for the "5 W's" of the story, so how much time are they supposed to waste on research for a 30 second sound bite? The reporter basically said the shooter used a Glock 17, and that is descriptive enough.

But it's always nice to be able to look down our noses at other people's mistakes. I know a gun guy who took one class for a permit, is an expert, and calls a magazine a "clip". So how much can we really expect non gun people to know?

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Not crazy, just silly. It's a simple mistake. These people are journalists, not gun people. The person that said that probably hasn't even seen a Glock in person, much less shot one. Even conservative leaning news sources don't know much about guns, and they have more important things to do with their life than sit around gun boards jawboning about guns.

And how do you know that is not how the LE mouthpiece put it when they were briefing the reporters?

It really didn't matter for the "5 W's" of the story, so how much time are they supposed to waste on research for a 30 second sound bite? The reporter basically said the shooter used a Glock 17, and that is descriptive enough.

But it's always nice to be able to look down our noses at other people's mistakes. I know a gun guy who took one class for a permit, is an expert, and calls a magazine a "clip". So how much can we really expect non gun people to know?
I see your point. I think most gun people are aggravated, not so much by a lack of knowledge or vocabulary of the media but rather by those same people constantly trying to take away our 2nd A rights by the erroneous flapping of their collective gums.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts