Glock Talk banner
161 - 180 of 849 Posts
Originally posted by trdvet
The one next to the mag holder is the OC can, the one next to my Taser is a flashlight.

Ahhh, gotcha. I was going to post my rig, but a) my camera's busted, and b) I had to take it all apart and only use the flashlight and glove pouch as I started a new job (last one is under investigation by the labor department, if that tells you anything). Whenever I get it back together, and a new camera, I will post it, though.

Not a cop yet but got a duty belt setup from a rummage sale for $1. In pretty good condition too.

Has [L->R]:
Safariland belt
Streicher's double mag case for Glock 9mm
ASP baton case for 26" model
Safariland OC case
Safariland cuff case
Gall's two pouch glove case
Safariland cuff case
G&G flashlight loop for D-cell
G&G holster*

*Judging by the 9mm Glock mag carrier I ass-u-me the holster is for a G17/19. Has thumb snap and middle finger snap (by trigger guard). No model info on it, just the G&G stuff on the back.

Not too shabby for a dollar. And it fits me. I'll post a pic when I can get to a broadband computer.

Originally posted by 40Glocker
No spare mags 4teecal? What state are you in? Did Victoria go to Glocks yet?
One spare mage mate. Next to H/cuff pouch.

In New South Wales the only people who carry a second spare are our SPG and Weapons trainers.

Victoria are sill using .38 revolvers. Their commissioner is getting her knickers in a knot over them wanting to convert to Glocks.

Originally posted by SIGSAREBETTER
Yes TRDVET! Nice to see a SIG Pro in service.
I'm glad you like it because I'd rather have a Glock :tongueout: which in fact we are going to at the end of this year. So maybe my department will have a buy back for the officers and you can pick some up if you like.

Here's a picture of my Class C belt

I'm not certified in Tazer yet, so I left some room on the belt.
We can't carry OC so even though I'm certified the department says no.

Originally posted by madecov

It looks so light! Wanna trade belts:supergrin: What agency do you work for?

Thaaat would be a M&P peeking out there, you guys got the .40s?

Mine's the 9mm. The department issues Ruger :rofl:

They supply 9mm ammo. I also carry a 40 Steyr but supply my own ammo.

I work for the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (Houston/ Metro Transit) we cover over 4000 square miles in 4 counties.

Originally posted by trdvet
Ahh, I work in and around the Med Center so I see you guys a lot at transit centers and on the light rail.
Just pay the fare, they're on a zero tolerance kick these days.

are those the yellow asp cuffs peaking out of there?

This thread is very cool to me. If you havent seen the post I just got hired, im going to be ordering all my stuff tonight or tomorrow so this is kinda cool to see. Mine will all be basket weave, ill get it and get pics up once its done

Any advice for someone whos just starting?

Originally posted by chbix
are those the yellow asp cuffs peaking out of there?

This thread is very cool to me. If you havent seen the post I just got hired, im going to be ordering all my stuff tonight or tomorrow so this is kinda cool to see. Mine will all be basket weave, ill get it and get pics up once its done

Any advice for someone whos just starting?
The Cuffs are hiatts. They come in several colors. I have yellow and red. I also own yellow ASP cuffs but they are harder to get a case for.

Bianchi also makes the Accumold elite in basket weave. It is lighter than leather. and a bit less maintenance intensive. If the department allows I would look into it.

Originally posted by GSD17
Bianchi Accumold is the only way I'd go Nylon. Because it is molded, and doesnt look sloppy.
If you think that's good, check out the new Gould & Goodrich molded nylon gear. That stuff is SHARP.

Originally posted by Lawfficer
Ray "The Big Boss Man" Taylor Dies

I know it's old news by now, but here's an article I just found about him. He was big when I was a wrestling fan. Apparently, as I've known for some time, he was a Prison Guard in Georgia before joining WWF.

The Big Boss Man is dead. Ray Traylor, a WWF star as The Big Boss Man, died Wednesday. According to The Wrestling Observer, Traylor and his family were visiting with his sister at his home in Dallas, Ga. Traylor's two daughters went upstairs to play, while his wife Debbie briefly left the room at about 10 p.m., and returned to find him on the sofa. A preliminary report suggested he had a massive heart attack.

Virginia promoter Marvin Ward, who had scheduled Traylor with Dennis Condrey and Bobby Eaton for an Oct. 30 show in Waynesboro, Va., said he was stunned by the news.

"This is just tragic," said Ward, who had talked to Traylor within the last few days and spoke with Condrey and Traylor's representatives again Thurday morning.

As they described the picture to him, Traylor and his family were visiting with his sister at his home in Dallas, Ga. Wednesday night. Traylor's two daughters went upstairs to play, while his wife Debbie briefly left the room at about 10 p.m., and returned to find him on the sofa. "It was apparently that quick," Ward said. "Everybody is just in shock."

Traylor began his career in 1986 as Jim Cornette's bodyguard Big Bubba Rogers. His career saw him perform in WWE, WCW and All Japan Wrestling, and he has competed as The Big Boss Man, The Boss, The Guardian Angel, War Machine, and under his real name and he teamed with Akeem in the late '80s as 'The Twin Towers.' At 6-foot-6, 330 pounds, he was a legitimate Twin Tower.

He had high profile feuds with Hulk Hogan, Ted Dibiase, Nailz, The Heenan Family, Vader, Al Snow, and many others. His last major run was with the WWF in 1998-99 as a part of the Corporation.

Bossman's feud with "The Mountie" Jacques Rougeau culminated in the Canadian spending a night in jail after a loss. Rougeau remembers the time fondly. "It was one of the greatest moments of my career. No matter how bad the situation looked like when I was put in jail with that big 400-pound, 7-foot guy, the Mountie always gets his man!" said Rougeau.

Traylor was indeed a prison guard in Cobb County, Georgia before turning to wrestling.

-- with files from Steven Johnson and Greg Oliver
Anyways...onto happier things:
My duty rig, from left to right...

...ummm...sorry, I need to go grab it. In fact, I'll get back on this later....with pictures too. :thumbsup:

161 - 180 of 849 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.