Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 849 Posts
Originally posted by CJStudent
Are the .45 and the baby glock off duty's, or on-duty backups? Just wondering because of the holsters shown.
Those are my off-duty guns but they are never too far away while on duty.

nothing special bought yet.
The belt is from uncle mikes, one big leatherman, glock security holster, handcuffs, glock mag holder, pepperspray pouch. Not in that order.

I am looking forward to get me a couple of extra gear, some kind of glove holder, surefire holder, an expendable baton, little pocket for some kind of weapon light, probably not a glock one, they look awful ;)

Originally posted by OfficerChris
nothing special bought yet.
The belt is from uncle mikes, one big leatherman, glock security holster, handcuffs, glock mag holder, pepperspray pouch. Not in that order.

I am looking forward to get me a couple of extra gear, some kind of glove holder, surefire holder, an expendable baton, little pocket for some kind of weapon light, probably not a glock one, they look awful ;)

Check Galls or Streichers, though I don't know how they are on int'l shipments.

Key clip, Motorola 800Mhz, accessory clip (X26 or subload), Surefire 6p, Smith handcuffs, Smith hancuffs #2, SOG Paratool, Glock 22 w/ TLR-1, mag pouch.

Subload (Special Operations Equipment) contains 4x 30 round mags, 2x Glock mags.

X26 holster contains 2x extra cartridges.

Originally posted by Lawfficer
+1, Would be nice to have my own.
It's a Kuston Signals holder. It actually had a fat belt loop on the back that dropped it down below the level of my belt and every time I sat down it jabbed me in the thigh. I got a Bianchi Accumold and it was even worse, so I cut the loop off of the Kustom Signals one and cut two slits in the back of the case that I could fish my belt through.

It was way tight getting the mic in there for the first little while, but it's stretched out a bit now and works great. I can keep it up front where I have easy access to the controls, it is right in line with my belt and best of all it doesn;t leave a big bruise on my thigh every time I sit down.

Now that I'm comfortable with it and it's broken in, I'm sure we'll be changing mic's. :upeyes:

I am also looking forward to see more. What do you guys think are essential extra pouches,holder,.. except handcuffs, holster, mag/pepper spray holder, leatherman?.

Like mentioned above I want to buy me some extra gear, but I dont want the "wannabe special look" with a full belt of unneccesary things.

How about little reviews about the everyday gear?. Would be very interesting in my opinions.

I can remember years ago when working supply we had a new female that could not get all her gear on her duty belt. Her waist was so small there wasn't enough room for everything. All the stuff touched when put on her belt. I think she wore a 24" belt so placing everything on it was a chore. She was very tall and skinny but could open a can of whoop butt on ya in a second!!!

Holy ****!

How do you guys sit in the car without hitting your nose on the windshield, and, more importantly, how do I get all of that crap to conceal?:supergrin:

I was just whinning to my wife today that my extra mag holders were uncomfortable..:baby:

When I get back from AT, I'll post the rig I put together for once I do the armed certification. It's Bianchi PatrolTek, with an Accumold Defender holster and Blackhawk cuff case. From belt buckle to the right: Cuff case w/ ASP cuffs, holster w/ G23, ASP in holder, latex glove case in small of back (flat-type), MK4 OC on the left hip, and dual-mag pouch vertical left-front. I'm going to put my Surefire G2 behind the OC when I switch over to this rig.

Originally posted by CJStudent
When I get back from AT, I'll post the rig I put together for once I do the armed certification. It's Bianchi PatrolTek, with an Accumold Defender holster and Blackhawk cuff case. From belt buckle to the right: Cuff case w/ ASP cuffs, holster w/ G23, ASP in holder, latex glove case in small of back (flat-type), MK4 OC on the left hip, and dual-mag pouch vertical left-front. I'm going to put my Surefire G2 behind the OC when I switch over to this rig.
Sounds like you convinced them to let you carry your Glock.

Thank heavens!

Only thing missing is a pair of latex gloves.. used them the other night, forgot to put a pair back in there... oh, and my 4 keepers of course.

It actually isn't believe it or not.

Began wearing it a little when I was in the academy.... last JULY!

Its been on the street since September.

It is really just a trick of the light, if you look from underneath it, all the snaps show... if you look down from the top, its all black and nothing shows.

My holster shows a little wear from rubbing on things.

It's a little dirty, but that comes from the woods.

I get bored late at night alot, and go exploring out in the woods lol, so I keep it dirty. I clean it alot.

That and all my dang footchases lately. I swear there is something in the air these last few weeks.

As far as the tools being worn...

My mags are well used, I shoot a good bit.
The radio is the depts.. it is worn smooth, but as you can tell, is Jurassic.
The Stinger has some nicks in it, from dropping it and banging it into things, but hasnt began to wear the finish yet.
The Cuffs are beginning to get a little worn, but not too bad.
The ASP is mainly nicked up from training, and playing around.
The G22 is FINALLY beginning to get a tad of holster wear. I use it almost exclusively off duty as well.
The OC, well, its came out on a few dogs, but thats about it.

Originally posted by Cochese
Sounds like you convinced them to let you carry your Glock.

Thank heavens!
I think it's gonna be more of a matter that my supervisors don't give a damn as to the company, lol. I know for a fact the third shift sup is planning on carrying her own gun when we switch to being an armed post, so I'm just following the example of the leaders......:whistling:

101 - 120 of 849 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.