Glock Talk banner
841 - 849 of 849 Posts
I always wanted my cuff case on my left rear quarter. In front just seems STRANGE.
:shocked:

Lawman, you have any pics of your rig with the 34? I'm thinking about picking one up.
I might have some posted in the duty belt picture thread. None on this computer. Sorry. It is a big honking holster though.:rofl:

I always wanted my cuff case on my left rear quarter. In front just seems STRANGE.
:shocked:
I've always had the cuff cases on my back, taught in the academy that way. I have seen cuffs worn on the front quite often though, up north in CA and quite a few departments back east. Looked funny to me too but I guess it works also as a keeper when you slide the tongue of the duty belt under the handcuff case loops. I just have no room to play. Wearing a size Small duty belt does that to you.

Since I last posted, I've moved out of an Auxiliary position into a part-time Police Officer. It's time for an update on my set up, since it now no longer looks anything like what I posted before.

Here's the set up:

Biachi Accumold Elite duty belt
Safariland basketweave STX mag pouch
Glock 23 mags stoked with 180gr Speer Gold Dots
Keeper with keys.
Swivel radio holder
S&W Model 100 chain cuffs in a Don Hume open top carrier
Safariland latex glove pouch
Keeper
21" ASP in ASP rotating scabbard
Keeper
Glock 23 in Safariland 6360 holster - STX Basketweave finish
Keeper
Peerless hinged cuffs in Don Hume open top holder.

-MPDAUX83

Well... I guess I kinda went full circle. Below is a picture of my duty belt circa 2007-2009. After the picture was taken I switched to a Sig P226 (and sometimes a P220), then an M&P9, and for the past year and a half or so, an M&P9L.

I was never happy with the accuracy of the M&P... It's ok, and totally acceptable for a combat gun, but I feel much more confident with my Berettas. I still had several (sold that Vertec from the above picture - regret it!) but wanted a rail so I purchased an M9A1 and loaded it up with a Beretta factory "D" spring, Elite hammer, and enlarged magazine release. I also added a short steel trigger, Wilson grips and guide rod, and will soon (when they are back in stock) get a Wilson rear sight. The rail hosts a Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser with the contour remote pressure switch which was made for the M&P but coincidentally fits the Beretta perfectly!

The below belt is my new duty rig. I just put it together tonight. I'm not in a patrol assignment so my time in the field is rare, but this will be the dedicated rig for that purpose. I use the Safariland QLS setup so I can transfer the holster to my training rig, which is set up with the same mag pouch configuration.

Some of the changes from before include a Bianchi mag pouch that orients the magazines "bullets out". I feel this works better for a faster and more consistent reload for me. It also takes up less space on the belt. I moved and re-oriented the light pouch due to how I train/carry now. There is a SOF-T tourniquet in an eleven10 pouch as close to center-line as I could get. Lastly, the M9A1 sits in the new Safariland 6280LASD holster which was designed with input from us. It happens to fit my M9A1 with the TLR-2 Perfectly! This was not part of the design but quite serendipitous!

841 - 849 of 849 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.