Glock Talk banner
201 - 220 of 849 Posts
mallninjas are the best ;)
Yeah, I'm non-sworn campus security for a private university. Whenever I get it back together, I'll post pics of my rig for when I was supposed to take the armed certification classes when I worked in the projects.

I did work at the mall at one point but that was not an armed security job.
My previous job was and it had nothing to do with the mall.

Yes, that is Five Seven.
Interesting choice for a duty weapon. Not very common at all. I actually didn't know they made the ALS holster for it.

You are right, it's not very common.
I like it. It's VERY accurate, almost no recoil which helps accuracy even more, I can make accurate six holes in a second or so.
It is VERY light even fully loaded. I can't even feel it on my belt, and enough to do what it's designed to.

There are quite a few companies that make duty holsters for it. I like Safariland but I like BladeTech even better.

From left to right....
- 21" ASP
- Digilight 1000XB (Interview/Searching light)
- Cap-Stun Z-305 OC
- Motorola XTS 5000 w/ GPS Locator/Mic combo
- * Streamlight Stinger (used in a Blackhawk double ring as I also carry my 2 or 4 cell Mag-Lite depending on my need)
- Smith & Wesson M-100 (2 pair)
- H&K P2000 .40 S&W
- 24rds of .40
- Monadnock flex-cuff cutters tucked in behind mag-pouch

My belt is from Galls. My o.c., radio holder, cuff case, and mag pouch are from Bianchi. My holster is a Safariland 6280. Holsters for ASP, Digilight, and Gerber are proprietary to each brand. Buckle is the standard Cop-Lok.

* The Stinger works great for shining through thick brush and terrain at night, but when it comes to cutting/tracking sign on foot, I go with the Mag-Lite as it illuminates prints on the ground perfectly. So one remains in my Camelbak depending on what I am doing, while the other is in the ring if I am out of my vehicle in the field. If I am working traffic/city operations, I stick to my Digilight and leave both the Stinger and Mag-Lite stored away. However, I think I am going to look into the new Pelican to replace both my Stinger and Mag-Lite.

OLD

My hi-gloss is the same set up but with Safariland gear and with a radio between O.C. and glove pouch. Kinda sucks with space being only a 30 waist.
New:

Nylon for BDUs

Hi-gloss for class A's

Here's my final setup..

L-R
X26, Motorola radio holder, Gladius in Comp-Tac holder, light ring, Peerless 801, S&W M100 chain, ASP 21" Airweight, G22 in 6360, 2x 15rd mags

Everything looks jammed together but once it's put on, everything is spaced nicely.

OLD

New:

Nylon for BDUs

Hi-gloss for class A's
I didn't know that LMDC allowed the buckless belt; thought they required the sam browne-type belt like LMPD?

Well, since this thread got started mine has gotten a bit heavier and more full.
I've added the tazer and another set of cuffs.

Please ignore the bony feet in the picture

Well, since this thread got started mine has gotten a bit heavier and more full.
I've added the tazer and another set of cuffs.

Please ignore the bony feet in the picture
Damn... You carry 3 sets of cuffs on your belt? I'm jealous you don't have to carry mace and get the taser though... thats awesome.

I didn't know that LMDC allowed the buckless belt; thought they required the sam browne-type belt like LMPD?
They're switching them to the buckle less ones, though the others were grandfathered in. Same with the duty guns you will see Sigs, Berettas, and S&W pistols around cause of that, but new officers can only carry Glocks. And now new officers supposedly can't carry the 34 or 35...only for the "team".

They're switching them to the buckle less ones, though the others were grandfathered in. Same with the duty guns you will see Sigs, Berettas, and S&W pistols around cause of that, but new officers can only carry Glocks. And now new officers supposedly can't carry the 34 or 35...only for the "team".
That sucks about the 34/35. I was considering applying again, and was going to get one of those as my duty weapon.

201 - 220 of 849 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.